Intel i9 pricing out

Painmiester

PC gamer has a good article on the merits of what a gamer will need.or enthusiasts  will need....

And it's back down the the issue of 6 cores was plenty and 8 or more was over kill.

Now 10 core  too 18 core  inter or risen 8 core  too 16 core.

But with the enthusiasts  wanting better and bigger  monitor's 4K and duel ,triple 4K monitor's  will the need to get more cores and usage out of the computing power of the newest  systems coming out .

The new risen stuff and the Intel stuff coming out .will see leaps and bounds  and  the biggest winner will be the consumer at this point.

What will be the balancing point,between cost effectiveness  and raw  power.

The 18-core Intel i9 won't be here until next year, I hear. And at a price of nearly 2,000 dollars it'll be very expensive. Meanwhile, AMD 16-core arrives in late July this year and it's rumored it'll cost $849(!) IMO, any price of AMD's top HEDT (High-End Desktop) processor below $1,000 will result in increased market shares for AMD and put a serious pressure on Intel and its prices, which will benefit us all - both when it comes to a more healthy competitor to Intel (and Nvidia) in the future, and lower prices for all consumers.

Personally, I'm aiming for a new rig with a top motherboard - probably the Asus Zenith Extreme - with a 12-core (or 14-core) Ryzen Threadripper, 64+ GB memory at 3400+ speed, a fast M.2 SSD disk (1 TB Samsung 960 Pro) and the top dual Vega card coming later this year. Before you ask - Yes, I'll need it to run Star Citizen. The game will love more cores, lots of fast RAM, and a fast SSD. Besides, I want to run SC in 4K with high/ultra settings.

Well, I guess the question is then - would you pay $1,150 more for two more cores and a little faster gaming frame rates at 1080p? In this case I prefer the oranges, as in the orange in the Ryzen logo. :)

Note also that, according to rumors, the 14-core Threadripper 1976X has approx. the same speeds or higher as the 8-core Ryzen 7 1800X (3.6/4.0 GHz)! If true, this means AMD has optimized the architecture a great deal in the two months since the Ryzen 7 release in March. That's six more cores at the same speed! It also looks promising for the Ryzen 2xxx iteration later this year, or next year.