Motorcycle Gear

Donut

Debating on what gear set to buy. It would be my first set, and want to be comfortable but also protected. Budget is $1,000 so the most would be +$100 above and that's it. This is what I have so far, but I'm really liking the Red/White Cortech Jacket too. Narrowed it down to three slightly different sets. Definitely leaning towards the first even though it's the most expensive. 

What are you guys using while riding?

cortech_adrenaline_jkt_detail.jpg

I have two leather jackets and two Duratex. The one I use most is a Dainese Touring jacket (dura/goratex). It can be paired with the line up trousers, attached on the back through a zipper. The best for me is that the extra winter layer and the sleeves are detachable, so I can effectively use it in all seasons and weather. Specific apparel is important, don't neglect the helmet as well. ;)

https://media09.motoblouz.com/images/catalogue/1593958_p65_f.jpg

Similar to this one.

Edit:

didn't mean to brag about having 4 jackets, I've sort of collected them through the years, the oldest having about 30 years but still good.

The helmet and boots look pretty good.  I don't know anything about the gloves but check palm construction.  As for the jacket look for good spine protection (or at least a pocket you can put overlapping spine protection in) as well as forearm.  For the pants and jacket look for abrasion resistance.

It's always better to sweat than bleed.

The gloves are from Cortech, a pretty well known name these days. I would have gone full Cortech but the only pants offered were skin tight track pants or winter pants. Also look the grey from Speed and Strength. Though the Shark helmet I've pretty much fallen in love with even over the Nexx helmets which don't seem to be doing great these days. 

Both the jacket and pants have kevlar reinforced and the jacket has spine protection. The Cortech jacket has everything you mentioned and it's full perf leather, but it's nearly $400 and that would blow it out of budget. I'd have to get that a month or two later or even during winter when the bike is put up.