Aegis Eclispe

Riley Egret

I have a feeling this won't be the last Turbulent mess up with sales ;) 

Just now, GeraldEvans said:

I think what people should be more upset about is that it sold like that at all, not personally missing one.

Hopefully CIG reverses the sales.

I don't believe CIG will reverse the sales because then they lose out on money from taxes and VAT etc.

1 hour ago, GeraldEvans said:

The Javelin was available. The 890, etc. I would be surprised if the Scythe wasn't.

I definitely would've gone for a Captured Vanduul Scythe, if I'd been on top of this. I guess that's what I get for going to see Alien: Covenant. ;)

1 hour ago, Donut said:

I have a feeling this won't be the last Turbulent mess up with sales ;) 

I don't believe CIG will reverse the sales because then they lose out on money from taxes and VAT etc.

I agree that CIG probably won't reverse the sales. Too much hassle to refund and they'd be giving up a lot of money. After the Banu Defender debacle, I think CIG wants the Eclipse Concept Sale to make as much $$$ as possible. (Wouldn't surprise me if they did it deliberately.)

EDIT:

According to the May Jump Point featuring the Eclipse:

Missile Hardpoints: 3 x Size 9 Torpedoes

Three size 9 torpedoes are stored inside the ship. A central hatch similar to the Retaliator’s opens for them to be fired.

Torpedo Bay: S9 x 1 (10m x 4m x 2.5m)

Contains 3 torpedoes stored horizontally side-by-side Individual torpedo size 9m x 0.9m x 0.9m

Same torpedo size as the Retaliator

Also, JP explains that the Eclipse was designed to fit inside an Idris' hangar bay:

Requirements – Ship Size Most Stealth ships are considerably wider than they are long. The Eclipse will be able to have a wingspan only slightly longer than its length if it is to fit inside an Idris. 22m x 25m leaves it as long as a Gladiator, and slightly wider.

JP doesn't state it explicitly, but if the Eclipse can fit inside an Idris, it should also fit inside a Polaris and Javelin's hangar bays. This means that the Eclipse is intended to be carried for long-range strike missions, rather than executing them independently, like a Retaliator or Harbinger.

My theory for how the UEEN uses the Eclipse is a carrier cap ship travels to a system via a large jump point, deploys the Eclipse, and it jumps to a neighbouring star system via a small jump point (which the carrier can't fit through). The Eclipse will have the range to quantum travel across a star system, execute its attack, quantum travel back to the jump point, jump back to the neighbouring star system, return to the carrier, and the carrier withdraws.

I'm glad I own an Idris. :D

Reading this info about the open doors on ship upgrades, for whatever reason, just makes me mad and imo just negates any weight and/or credibility cig may have had concerning balancing regarding 0$ ccus.
Who knows how many top tier ships where picked up? If its proven cig was actually behind this, it will be even worst because it proves they; A - are in serious financial need and/or B - they didnt like the negative press surrounding the defender sale, which could have affected all future sales had they not proved to people it was an isolated issue eg) big $$$ this sale no matter what. Either way its smelling a bit fishy right now and people should be demanding a recall of all ship ccus picked up during that time period.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. It was Turbulent that fucked up on the CCU door. Accounts that grabbed CCUs like the Idris-M and such have been locked while CIG sorts out the mess that Turbulent dropped onto their lap. It was a glitch done by an incompetent website development/management team, and honestly should be the nail in the coffin for the CIG-Turbulent relationship. If I was CR, I'd hire in-house web people, get all the code from Turbulent (which they have to give up according to their contract), and manage it from CIG.

9 hours ago, VoA said:

Yikes - I wouldn't do that either....... the Redeemer is an excellent ship with a lot of firepower + good shields and the fact that it is a drop ship....

Well, truth be told, I am right now trying to decide what ship to keep based on how difficult will be to nget them in the PU: the Redemmer should be quite easy, the Eclipse could be a nightmare.

5 hours ago, Reavern said:

I definitely would've gone for a Captured Vanduul Scythe, if I'd been on top of this. I guess that's what I get for going to see Alien: Covenant. ;)

I agree that CIG probably won't reverse the sales. Too much hassle to refund and they'd be giving up a lot of money. After the Banu Defender debacle, I think CIG wants the Eclipse Concept Sale to make as much $$$ as possible. (Wouldn't surprise me if they did it deliberately.)

EDIT:

According to the May Jump Point featuring the Eclipse:

Also, JP explains that the Eclipse was designed to fit inside an Idris' hangar bay:

JP doesn't state it explicitly, but if the Eclipse can fit inside an Idris, it should also fit inside a Polaris and Javelin's hangar bays. This means that the Eclipse is intended to be carried for long-range strike missions, rather than executing them independently, like a Retaliator or Harbinger.

My theory for how the UEEN uses the Eclipse is a carrier cap ship travels to a system via a large jump point, deploys the Eclipse, and it jumps to a neighbouring star system via a small jump point (which the carrier can't fit through). The Eclipse will have the range to quantum travel across a star system, execute its attack, quantum travel back to the jump point, jump back to the neighbouring star system, return to the carrier, and the carrier withdraws.

I'm glad I own an Idris. :D

Ben said that the Eclipse is a long range craft btw ( not as long as a tali but still...)

1 hour ago, Chimaera said:

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. It was Turbulent that fucked up on the CCU door. Accounts that grabbed CCUs like the Idris-M and such have been locked while CIG sorts out the mess that Turbulent dropped onto their lap. It was a glitch done by an incompetent website development/management team, and honestly should be the nail in the coffin for the CIG-Turbulent relationship. If I was CR, I'd hire in-house web people, get all the code from Turbulent (which they have to give up according to their contract), and manage it from CIG.

Yeah... you expect CIG to have the free manpower to do everything that Turbulent to suddenly take over the jobs that then are. It is a lot cheaper to hire Turbulent to do the job.

Why was Idris-M even on the CCU listings it's never come up before?

SOB..... I was flying and missed the glitch!!!!!  @GeraldEvans I blame you for not getting hold of ATC and giving me a heads up!! 😝

Sorry in advance for those that get their accounts reset to before the glitch. 

OP... love the look of the Eclipse. I was totally expecting something larger and not another bomber. Sadly I can't CCU from the Tali. 

Tbh, I didn't see his post about it either when I should have. Anyway I am going to wait and see what the Q&A deal with it. See if I want to upgrade my 2x Gladiators -> eclipses or is there both different enough to keep separate ships.

The eclipse is very nice looking, just is it worth the price tag? I already have one. 

One thing on the brochure, one of the picture have a  tail going down rather than up? why does it have a vertical line done when it is supposed to be like the mini-B2 like bomber  

most of the people buying it would know it was not intended as a sale

I'm interested in the price of torpedoes at the moment it seams they cost more then the ships you are hunting
I would like if organisations could build some of the payload them self saving some on the cost but requiring a lot of teamwork across the organisation

and would love different types of warhead 

40 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

I'm interested in the price of torpedoes at the moment it seams they cost more then the ships you are hunting
I would like if organisations could build some of the payload them self saving some on the cost but requiring a lot of teamwork across the organisation

This. Withe expensive torpedoes, it will limit their use to a large org based role, with large groups of people paying for them to destroy only crucial targets.

I was wrong about 2 speculation ideas.   I thought that the scan diffuse tech was a good passive scanner (but it is really just diffusing incoming scans making it the best stealth ship in the game).... and JP Mag confirms that the Eclipse does indeed have Size 9 Torpedoes (not a typo)...... and that they are the same size as the Tali Torpedoes - see stats below from JP Mag.

APPROXIMATE STATISTICS Length ~22 Meters The ship has been discussed to be approximately the size of a Gladiator. For maximum compatibility it should be able to fit inside an Idris, so should be 25m wide max. Mass 17,000 Kg Being an advanced stealth ship, the size and shape of the ship is kept to a smooth, minimalist nature, which will also help keep its weight down a little. Crew 1 This is a single seater bomber. Engines 2 Twin engines, as they would produce less heat together than one larger engine. A central torpedo bay also would restrict the ability for it to have one engine. Thrusters 8 x Joint 4 x top, 4 x bottom with two top and bottom on the front, and two top and bottom at the rear. Power Plant 1 Small The ship was suggested to run with small components, which should help to keep its signature down. Weapon Hardpoints 2 x Size 2 Weapons Ballistic Gatling weapons to be used for short, brutal engagements. However, the Eclipse is not a dogfighter and isn’t armed for protracted engagements. Weapons should fit inside the wings and have flaps open during flight/use. Missile Hardpoints 3 x Size 9 Torpedoes Three size 9 torpedoes are stored inside the ship. A central hatch similar to the Retaliator’s opens for them to be fired. Shields 2 x Small (front/back) The ship is lightly armoured, relying on its stealth capabilities for quick, precise strikes Armour Small As above. However its armour should have enhanced scanning/detection reducing properties similar to the Hornet Ghost. METRICS & TEMPLATES Animation Templates Seat template • AEGIS Avenger-style dual flight stick setup Enter/exit animation for the ship • Ladder (side cockpit), Same as the Avenger Warlock Enter/exit animation for the seat + ship • Avenger Warlock entry/exit Ship Components Components that need to be accessible behind walls or floor panels, or have the interior built around them: • Power Plant 1 Small (0.5m x 0.75m x 0.5m) • Shield Generators 2 Small (0.25m x 0.75m x 0.25m) • Avionics 1 Small (0.75m x 0.5m x 0.375m) • Coolers 2 Small (0.5m x 0.75m x 0.5m) • Gravity Generator None • Jump Drive 1 Small (0.5m x 0.75m x 0.5m) • Life Support 1 Small (0.5m x 0.5m x 0.5m) • Radar 1 Small (0.5m x 0.5m x 0.25m) Components that don’t need to be accessed but are somewhere on/inside the ship: • Fuel Tank 1 Medium (1m x 2m x 1m) Internal fixed weapons: • Ballistic Weapons S2 x 2 – 3 x 0.625 x 0.625 • Torpedo Bay S9 x 1 (10m x 4m x 2.5m) Contains 3 torpedoes stored horizontally side-by-side Individual torpedo size 9m x 0.9m x 0.9m Same torpedo size as the Retaliator 4 Requirements – Cockpit Accessed via ladder on the nose of the ship like the Avenger Warlock. Requirements – Wing Weapon Mounts Weapons stored on interior of the wings; do not gimbal. Flaps on wings should open during flight so weapon can be fired. When closed they should blend in with the rest of the ship’s wing profile. Requirements – Torpedo Bay Internal torpedo bay with room to store three Retaliator-type torpedoes • Torpedo size individually 9.0m x 0.9m x 0.9m Torpedo bay will be housed in the mid/rear of the ship, the underside will open, allowing them to be fired out. Torpedoes will be housed side by side, allowing the ship to maintain a fairly sleek profile. Bespoke mount for the hull of the Eclipse Requirements – Ship Size Most Stealth ships are considerably wider than they are long. The Eclipse will be able to have a wingspan only slightly longer than its length if it is to fit inside an Idris. 22m x 25m leaves it as long as a Gladiator, and slightly wider.

DdFzwbo.jpg

^^^ Image above adds the Eclipse in for size comparison

1 hour ago, Nevermore said:

They will, if you look back at their production and economic system they have lines with nodes leading from ore to parts to missiles and torps. If the org has the funding to set up a complete production line spewing torps for the org as well as profit in selling it could actually make you money. And the idea of different torpedo's is one we have touched on a few times. There has to be more than a single type but no evidence of the actual types like fly by wire or delayed hull breachers, stealthed or shielded torps etc.

11 hours ago, faquarl25 said:

The only issue I have with this ship is the lore. When I first heard the announcement, I assumed it would a legacy ship that hd no real strategic value to the UEE anymore. However, Then they announces that it has only been in service 17 years! This is one of the UEE's latest toys and they are just selling it off. Why? It doesn't makes sense. The militia mobilization initiative does not explain it because it is STEALTH Bomber design to attack enemy territory. This is far outside of a militia's goal, which is to defend friendly space. Now, I understand they want to sell it, but are they so lazy as to just not care about it making sense lore wise?

Yeah, this basically makes the idris-m "common", not the coveted and rare ship that it once was.

I disagree on a few fronts with this although they are good topics. The release was not meant for militia exactly as I see it but the Xi'an. Part of solidifying a treaty is the sharing of info with them. The Xi'an seem to be able to make advanced ships but by all accounts they are light armor, shields and weapons but crazy agile and fast.  So giving them some of our more advanced platform  designs makes us look better and is more on par with their technology and hits harder. All in all its us trying to impress them, but you cant just give our tech to alien's and not make it available for individual defense forces of planets, that would cause major political problems, especially in the somewhat xenophobic universe they have created.

As for being a primary border defense ship, not for its role as an all out fighter but a first strike craft. Example being this. We keep scouts in more or less neutral zones between us and the vanduul, even if there is no lore its a standard military tactic and to not means this game is not based on any sort of reality. These systems would be staging zones for a system invasion fleet, with the capabilities of this ship, once we know there is a fleet gathering in 1 system over a group of maybe 20 or 30 of these stealthed and invisible could jump in, launch a pretty impressive volley then jump back without much risk of danger while dealing incredible damage. The price of a ship half the size of a Tali that can do the same amount of damage and get out quicker would be cheaper in the long run. And if an enemy fleet jumped in system the same thing can be said. Even as a defending fleet moves to engage, a strike from a few of these at the right moment before your full fleet engages could have a huge impact on a battle, easily tipping the scales when larger ships have shields reinforced to the front planning on engaging the fleet, and you drop 3/6/9 capital killer class torps into the nearly defenseless stern. So it's not its fighting ability that makes it ideal but it's prowess doing what it does best which is wreck havoc from the shadows destroying ships and moral with relative ease and limited losses of its own that makes it so ideal.

wel im staying with the gladiator

and its not the first time they messedup, or mayby it was yust james on my case, as after i bought a load of ships at gamescom event 2 years ago i then had the option to buy a javelin and idris-p