Did anyone receive the new referral rewards?

EnumC

I just realized they finally added new referral rewards above the old 42 RP. Did anyone get the new rewards? I'm still quite a bit away from the Million Mile High Club it seems...

referral_count_5_5_17.PNG

hangar_5_5_17.PNG

7 minutes ago, Shootter said:

800+ Recruits? Wow...

Yeah... I'm not even sure why. One of my random video have the referral link and seems like a lot of people signed up o_O. I'm not sure if its because of the referral competition or its because the new rewards aren't completely implemented yet, seems like rewards above 42* rp are not being issued atm.

The entire referral program and the contest are made for youtubers and streamers.
They started WAY too late with the program when most people already got their friends into the game and now they add rewards tied to crazy high numbers and a contest to boot.

Unless you have some kind of audience, you ain't getting those higher rewards:p

On 5/6/2017 at 8:16 AM, Fizzlefuse said:

The entire referral program and the contest are made for youtubers and streamers.
They started WAY too late with the program when most people already got their friends into the game and now they add rewards tied to crazy high numbers and a contest to boot.

Unless you have some kind of audience, you ain't getting those higher rewards:p

Really their current contest is only aiming for basically the 'most popular' youtuber. The entire thing is just bad execution really. First - They ignore any legacy players that have been with them since kickstarter, and only introducing referral rewards for those who joined in (2016?). It's not aimed towards actual fans who likes the game, bundled with the slow development and their current budget of 148 millions dollars, they seems to be still pushing out new concepts and ship announcements, especially with their recent 'Warbond editions' to get more funding. Also back to the main topic, are they really expecting anyone to get to 2942 rp by the end of August? Even first on the leaderboard only have 1533 rp, and stlyoungblood only have 1057. Basically if you convince 2942 people to spend 40 bucks min. each(2942*40=over 100 thousand dollars minimum), then they throw you a free ticket to gamescom? Not really want to rant or anything, it's just the fact they are still trying to convince people to sign more people more and get more funds when they should be focusing on finishing the game with their 148 million dollars.

Wow, and here I am with only 2 referral points LOL :P

Be sure to activate the referral competition thingy if you want to get points counted for the contest. I believe new referrals during the contest only count for those accounts that activated their account in the link below :)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-contest

• 2 weeks later...