What is the best way to figure out how to build a given ship with ccu's in the cheapest possible manner?

Pharesm

I get the basic idea:

If I own an older zero credit "Redeemer to Merchantman" ccu, I can "build" a merchantman for $250, even though the price has already gone up.

But often, its not a single ccu, that'll save you $100 but many ccu's, that save you smaller amounts, like $10 or $20.  Obviously, if applied in the right order, you can chain them, to use as many of the cash saving ccu's as possible.

The difficulty is in finding the damned things in your 9-page long hangar view...

Has anybody figured out a logical and speedy way to locate the correct ccu's outside of using excel to note down everything, which may possibly amount to ~250 ccu's in your account?

I pretty much gave up on anything below $50-100; it was just too much hassle to keep track of...I figured that was enough, and if I tried for more I might mess up and not get anything if I'm unlucky with sale timings and CCU price changes.

BMM>Reclaimer>Hull-E/Polaris will knock $150-200+ off those two ships pretty safely, even without trying to get fancy.

I was never any good at Chess because you had to think several steps ahead, so I'm not overly good at playing the multi-step CCU game either. :(

All I know is I still have an original Xi'an Scout at $150 in my buyback and a $0 Scout-to-Sabre in my inventory. So that's a small $20 savings. People with Gladiator-to-SHornet would also get a $20 savings when using it as an upgrade path.

I also bought 2 UEE Explorer Packs back when they were available because each came with its own $85 discount. Then a $50 Terrapin-to-Caterpillar back when it was still sold at $245 and an old $30 Caterpillar-to-Orion gave me an Orion at $275 instead of $325. :)

A $55 Terrapin-to-Redeemer with a $0 Redeemer-to-BMM gave me a $250 BMM for the other pack. I still have more $0 BMM CCUs available and hope the Origin 600 will be sold at $350 (so I can get it for $250). :P

Thanks guys!

I had forgotten about the gladiator ccu!

I'm adding these to my excel spreadsheet, but haven't had a good idea how to structure it, so I can have Excel solve the best path.

Its probably not worth working out, just a somewhat interesting challenge to do  :bb8:  

I could try to hire Behavior instead :P