Redditor imports ship models to UE4 and brands them for orgs

Tom Villder

I saw that on Reddit and thought it was pretty cool, and he said he was making a TEST black and yellow one next.

Unfortunately Imperium's decal doesn't really lend itself well to being put on a ship and it isn't really recognizable to just about anyone. I see you have it in your signature but it looks like a cool coin instead of an iconic image, it's got a lot going on. I'd be a fan of just going with the laurels though that's CIG's thing, mostly I just thing it'd be nice if Imperium had a more recognizable and more well-known symbol. 

Did you ask him to do one, though? I'm all for it!

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Karmaslap said:

I just thing it'd be nice if Imperium had a more recognizable and more well-known symbol. 

We could simplify the logo to use stripes/squares, stars, circles etc so it could be easily added to hulls using an in-game editor, like these irl for the US/UK:

01d1b62f16bbdfce251a7911f84b6c00.jpg

RAF-logo.png

Other examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_aircraft_insignia#Current_insignia_of_national_air_forces

Maybe they could have different insignia/roundels for different departments (exploration, military and trade) while having the hulls painted in an Imperium or unit-specific color?

On 4/29/2017 at 8:03 AM, Karmaslap said:

I saw that on Reddit and thought it was pretty cool, and he said he was making a TEST black and yellow one next.

Unfortunately Imperium's decal doesn't really lend itself well to being put on a ship and it isn't really recognizable to just about anyone. I see you have it in your signature but it looks like a cool coin instead of an iconic image, it's got a lot going on. I'd be a fan of just going with the laurels though that's CIG's thing, mostly I just thing it'd be nice if Imperium had a more recognizable and more well-known symbol. 

Did you ask him to do one, though? I'm all for it!

Capture.PNG

Honestly I'd say that the Imperium decal isn't even that bad for being placed on a ship.
Perhaps for Fleet it could be altered, it already appears somewhat like the tip of a sword, so if you added the full blade and all, that could fit really well, especially with angular fighters...