Star Citizen Competitive Combat Tournament

Deonaldi

Hey guys. So on the April 29th at 17:00 UTC (1pm EDT, 10am PDT) match going on where the top pilots from different orgs are going to go against one another.

Twitch link https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizenccc

So far Imperium has 3 teams that will be participating in the match.

The first team is @Deonaldi and my friend @FlyingDutchMaster. Our team name is "#Blackouts_for_Jesus" because people tend to blackout in these games alot xD

The second team will be @Space-Moose and @XLB. There team name is "StahpRunning" because people like to run alot in Arena Commander xD

The last team will be @Cincinnatus and @Deadlife. There team name is "Doggie Snakes" because its a weird name I guess xD

Wish us luck guys.... Some of us are training hard for this.... except for me and my teammate cause were too good. jk jk were just yoloing it :lol:

****Description from the site****

The Star Citizen Competitive Combat Club is hosting our second 2v2 AC tournament on April 29th at 17:00 UTC (1pm EDT, 10am PDT). There will be a 30 minute pregame show before the matches begin at 17:30.

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizenccc

The tournament will be structured as a double-elimination bracket (http://starcitizencompetitivecombatclub.challonge.com/2v2_262), with seeding based on performance in the previous tournament. Each match will be decided by a best of 7 rounds and will be held in a Free Flight game. For each round, the two teams will square off at 10km, ready up, and then fight until one side is eliminated (see specific rules below). The first team to win 4 rounds wins the match.

The prize pool is starting at **$102** (to contribute, donate here: https://streampro.io/tip/starcitizenccc) and will be split 70/30 between 1st and 2nd place (via paypal). **Both players must be in the SC4 Discord channel (https://discord.gg/qK7sXrE) to participate**. This is how we set up matches and communicate.

****Tournament Bracket****

*Subject to change*

Bracket.png

**** UPDATE ****

Congratz to @Space-Moose and @XLB for getting 3rd Pace.

They did a super awesome job! Congratz once again to these guys and to @Deadlife and @Cincinnatus for participating, next time you guys will get far with practice o7

Next time we will have more Imperium members in the higher winning brackets and no broken joysticks ^_^

FINAL RESULTS:

Bracket Final Result.png

2 hours ago, XLB said:

doubt we will win, but object is to not be first elimated. we are good enough to not be.

The imperium's military strength is about having large numbers of good pilots that are dedicated and can be counted on to fight where they are needed. Though we might not have the best ace, even the best pilots cannot face 20 vs 1 odds. Also, since there will be no missiles allowed, fighting will likely be different from what people will actually use. The sabre, for example, will likely be a bad choice since its missiles, a large part of its armament, will be useless. 

1 hour ago, faquarl25 said:

The imperium's military strength is about having large numbers of good pilots that are dedicated and can be counted on to fight where they are needed. Though we might not have the best ace, even the best pilots cannot face 20 vs 1 odds. Also, since there will be no missiles allowed, fighting will likely be different from what people will actually use. The sabre, for example, will likely be a bad choice since its missiles, a large part of its armament, will be useless. 

Fuck that, we will have the best pilots.
Imperium pilots will get to the point where we can engage larger numbers and win.

3 hours ago, Space-Moose said:

Fuck that, we will have the best pilots.
Imperium pilots will get to the point where we can engage larger numbers and win.

I agree that our average will be the best. However, I was commenting that in response to @XLB saying that we may not win. Just because one ace on the opposing side is better than almost all of our pilots won't matter when our better equipped and trained players can slaughter their rank and file guys. I would pit 20 of our combat guys against any random 25-30 from other orgs. 

So because the tournament is tomorrow, I was doing some 2v2 practice with a bunch of guys. I was going against XLB and SpaceMoose and with-in the first 20 seconds of dogfighting, I twisted my joystick clockwise and then heard a loud snap. The snap was pretty loud that the other 8ish guys in the channel heard it as well. Pretty much the ball pop'd out, I was able snap that back in but the twist has gone a full 90-180 degrees past its limit. 

So ya this just happened to me and now I'm going to have to forfeit and my partner has to look for someone else to fly with. 

I want to cri so so badly. :,(  :(:unsure:

Spoiler

XnHhSnF.jpg

*Update*

So far our boi's @Space-Moose and @XLB are doing a mighty fine job. Root for them guys they might get 1st!!!!

There team name is "StahpRunning".

@Deadlifeand @Cincinnatus you guys did a good job. Thanks for participating in the tournament!

Hopefully next time my stick won't break on me a day before the tournament and have a Imperium member to fly with me ^-^

Bracket Update.png

**** UPDATE ****

Congratz to @Space-Moose and @XLB for getting 3rd Pace.

They did a super awesome job! Congratz once again to these guys and to @Deadlife and @Cincinnatus for participating, next time you guys will get far with practice o7

Hopefully next time we will have more Imperium members in the higher winning brackets and no broken joystick.

FINAL RESULTS:

Bracket Final Result.png

Its really a mix. Both Moose and I play dual stick. Signa and Yann1k if not mistaken use dual sticks.  Most other players I know are stick users with dual sticks; however, they team that placed 2nd. They are pure M&K. As far as hotas... most people don't use a hotas for the fact it limits their ability to use all 6D.