Star Trek Bridge Crew

Donut

Saw this and thought, this would be a great example to see what's capable in Star Citizen with multi-crew ships. I would hope that it's this immersive, and believe this is something CIG needs to take a look at when creating the large ships that require people working together on the bridge of a ship. Enjoy :)

5 hours ago, SlickReed said:

Bridge crew does look like one of the few VR games that get me interested in a VR  headset. Anyone know if it will be available for the Vive as well?

Im betting if it's for both PSVR and Oculus, it's safe to assume you'll be able to use the Vive as well.

I just checked the ubisoft website, it will also be for HTC Vive.

On 26/04/2017 at 1:20 AM, Donut said:

Yeah. I won't get a VR headset until I know which will be supported by SC and that will probably be the Windows 10 VR and HTC. Not investing in it right now though, don't have the PC to power it :nono:

Yeah the PC should take precedence. I have a computer that's VR ready but honestly, to me the tech is not quite there yet. I have tried the Oculus Rift and although it was enjoyable, it was still a little clunky and the screendoor effect was quite visible. No idea what's coming in the next years but I hope we're getting some better VR:D

I honestly believe we have the tech, AMD. We're at a point now where their CPU's can handle the processing power, and we haven't even seen what Vega will be like. It all comes down to whether you want to spend $800 on a monitor or $800 on a VR headset

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, Donut said:

I honestly believe we have the tech, AMD. We're at a point now where their CPU's can handle the processing power, and we haven't even seen what Vega will be like. It all comes down to whether you want to spend $800 on a monitor or $800 on a VR headset

You could save some space as well that for sure from the triple 24in monitors I'm currently using but even though the computing power is there, I still am not sure on the graphics side. Even in at 4k levels a TV may look amazing but when your literally an inch away you still see the pixilation. We may still have a few hurdles to jump before it really feels like it's something truly immersive. Then again they could have already come out with some sort of lenses that smooth's the grid look and it looks perfect so who really knows until we are there right?

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope they come up with a solution for poor bastards like me that wear multi-focal glasses. I don't care about the costs, my glasses cost north of 1000 euros so I don't mind dropping 2k on a functional VR headset that has customized lenses or some kind of software/hardware correction for near/far sightedness.

@Fizzlefuse : How did you fit the Rift over that helmet? ;)

16 hours ago, Ragnaas said:

Ultrawide expansion option for the VR unit. 

Full immersion VR Helmet with full sensory simulation: Wind, Moisture, Smell, etc. and force feedback (when someone headshoots you, you get an immense smack on the head ;)) Get hit with incendiary ammo and it turns the heat up to 90 degrees celcius, get hit with disruptor ammo and you get a high voltage low amp jolt, get hit with cryo ammo and it will freeze your ears to -10 :lol:

LOL it would be a blast to have a full immersion VR system (but I would disconnect the parts that simulate senses in the groin area, I don't want to fall victim to the guys that keep shooting people in the nuts with disruptor ammo :(:lol: just to hear them groan on discord)

15 hours ago, Booster Terrik said:

Full immersion VR Helmet with full sensory simulation: Wind, Moisture, Smell, etc. and force feedback (when someone headshoots you, you get an immense smack on the head ;)) Get hit with incendiary ammo and it turns the heat up to 90 degrees celcius, get hit with disruptor ammo and you get a high voltage low amp jolt, get hit with cryo ammo and it will freeze your ears to -10 :lol:

LOL it would be a blast to have a full immersion VR system (but I would disconnect the parts that simulate senses in the groin area, I don't want to fall victim to the guys that keep shooting people in the nuts with disruptor ammo :(:lol: just to hear them groan on discord)

The question is, would Fizzluefuse feel the head smack, or does the helmet protect against full immersion. He may have to lose the helmet to get the full effect. I'm not sure if he could do it.

2 hours ago, Ragnaas said:

The question is, would Fizzluefuse feel the head smack, or does the helmet protect against full immersion. He may have to lose the helmet to get the full effect. I'm not sure if he could do it.

Don't worry, the helmet doesn't hinder my full immersion at all. Do not underestimate the power of the Schwartz.

VR is the technology of the devil.

The next step of plugging you into the matrix.  Yes, you can still take them off - for now...

Ubiquitous implants are next - enabling external control over your hypothalamus long before you realize that those implants can do a lot more than what was advertised.

Welcome to total slavery, a hell worse than anything organized religion used to threaten you with.

Are forced updates in Windows annoying you even slightly?  Removing your control over your system in the name of improved security?  This is going to be an entirely new dimension of that...

You'll think I must be joking.

But Aldous Huxley's book was not speculative fiction, it was an announcement.

You'll probably want to laugh this off - talk to me in about 10 years and we'll see...

11 hours ago, Pharesm said:

VR is the technology of the devil.

The next step of plugging you into the matrix.  Yes, you can still take them off - for now...

Ubiquitous implants are next - enabling external control over your hypothalamus long before you realize that those implants can do a lot more than what was advertised.

Welcome to total slavery, a hell worse than anything organized religion used to threaten you with.

Are forced updates in Windows annoying you even slightly?  Removing your control over your system in the name of improved security?  This is going to be an entirely new dimension of that...

You'll think I must be joking.

But Aldous Huxley's book was not speculative fiction, it was an announcement.

You'll probably want to laugh this off - talk to me in about 10 years and we'll see...

First I was like Whaaa? Then I was like whoa.. and now I'm like.. Whoaaaahh man...
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

On 5/8/2017 at 2:07 AM, GeraldEvans said:

I'll be getting this when it comes out. So for people looking to play...

You have yourself a crew member.

My Vive is going to get a lot more use.

On 5/11/2017 at 4:08 PM, Donut said:

There's nothing I'd like more than plugging my consciousness into a robot and seeing humanity evolve. If that's the devil then so be it ;) 

You should understand the difference between evolve and devolve.

Are you not at all aware, that every "advancement" human science has made, has resulted in destabilizing the very foundations of our lives?

The human body is far more sophisticated than the crude electronic contraptions we are able to build.  And you're ignoring what kind of humans are at the levers of power.  Rockefeller, Ford and other clans of the American Plutocracy (see Princeton University study on the actual, current form of government in the USA) were admirers of Hitler's Eugenics and other atrocious programs of his fascist regime. You want their implants in your body? Be my guest.

But lets talk about the stage human Science is at:  "Leading" Scientists in the field of genetics actually believe that there is "junk DNA" referring to sections of DNA that seem to contain no information, and they are devising plans to replace those sections with "useful data" (whatever the fuck they consider more useful than what is already there)

This is the equivalent of a 3 year old who has learned no more than part of the alphabet, to proclaim, that he wants to remove all punctuation and empty spaces between words, paragraphs and chapters and replace them with "useful information" - all they would succeed at, is making any text unreadable...

These are the people who think they can "improve" nature.

That humans are as idiotic as they are has nothing to do with any limitations of the human body or mind, it is a problem of mass consciousness being shaped and controlled by political "leaders" or business "elites" who are psychopaths and war mongers, who spend most of their days in the reptilian subsection of their brains.  You point me to a single leader in power today (over a country or major corporation) and show me how that person is not a complete liar or psychopath.  I bet it'll take some searching to find even one...  Maybe the King of Bhutan? When he said he was going to lay down his crown and convert the country to a democracy, people rallied to the capital on foot, on bicycle, by bus etc, and begged him to stay on and remain their King...  Either he's an honorable, beloved man or his propaganda is beyond awesome...

I'm going to bet that you possess greater understanding about your smart phone than you do about your own body and mind:  What do you eat, how do you exercise, how do you meditate?  What I see most people do is to eat junk food and to distort their bodies to over-use electronic devices, all the way to causing car accidents.

The wish is apparently, to "evolve" fast food style - pay money, get implant, voila: evolved...  really...  the reality will rather be, that you've now introduced errors in software and hardware to your organism, a need for constant updates, so hackers can't hijack your implants (you know the constant security scares that keep making your phones and computers more cumbersome to use)

Do you really think becoming a partial droid in human flesh would be a more evolved thing than being a human ?  Only a fast-food and msm-addled individual could fall to such conclusions. (yes, it doesn't take anything classified as "drug" to mess up the works of your body and mind, what's contained in fast food is perfectly sufficient to mess up your body's advanced molecular-electro-chemical system - and must I say it - your mind is not separate from your body. Distortions in your body will result in distortions to your mind and vice versa).  Try running a gasoline engine on diesel or vice versa - it doesn't end well.

If you really want to evolve, please try something real, before you chance something as electronics run by software written by humans, paid for by large corporations with their self interests largely incompatible with the interests of customers. 

And especially, read up on the pitfalls.  If your cell phone burns up in your rear pocket, it can already burn the crap out of your ass / leg.  If memory or circuits get corrupted (given they lack anything resembling the advanced self repair capabilities of the human body) you can't just throw an implant into the trash, like you can with a cell phone...

The more people accept this, the more the rest of us are in trouble.  You'd probably also welcome cashless currency for convenience, not realizing you're opening the doors to a kind of totalitarianism that would absolutely dwarf the programs of Hitler, Mao etc.

1 hour ago, Pharesm said:

You should understand the difference between evolve and devolve.

Are you not at all aware, that every "advancement" human science has made, has resulted in destabilizing the very foundations of our lives?

The human body is far more sophisticated than the crude electronic contraptions we are able to build.  And you're ignoring what kind of humans are at the levers of power.  Rockefeller, Ford and other clans of the American Plutocracy (see Princeton University study on the actual, current form of government in the USA) were admirers of Hitler's Eugenics and other atrocious programs of his fascist regime. You want their implants in your body? Be my guest.

But lets talk about the stage human Science is at:  "Leading" Scientists in the field of genetics actually believe that there is "junk DNA" referring to sections of DNA that seem to contain no information, and they are devising plans to replace those sections with "useful data" (whatever the fuck they consider more useful than what is already there)

This is the equivalent of a 3 year old who has learned no more than part of the alphabet, to proclaim, that he wants to remove all punctuation and empty spaces between words, paragraphs and chapters and replace them with "useful information" - all they would succeed at, is making any text unreadable...

These are the people who think they can "improve" nature.

That humans are as idiotic as they are has nothing to do with any limitations of the human body or mind, it is a problem of mass consciousness being shaped and controlled by political "leaders" or business "elites" who are psychopaths and war mongers, who spend most of their days in the reptilian subsection of their brains.  You point me to a single leader in power today (over a country or major corporation) and show me how that person is not a complete liar or psychopath.  I bet it'll take some searching to find even one...  Maybe the King of Bhutan? When he said he was going to lay down his crown and convert the country to a democracy, people rallied to the capital on foot, on bicycle, by bus etc, and begged him to stay on and remain their King...  Either he's an honorable, beloved man or his propaganda is beyond awesome...

I'm going to bet that you possess greater understanding about your smart phone than you do about your own body and mind:  What do you eat, how do you exercise, how do you meditate?  What I see most people do is to eat junk food and to distort their bodies to over-use electronic devices, all the way to causing car accidents.

The wish is apparently, to "evolve" fast food style - pay money, get implant, voila: evolved...  really...  the reality will rather be, that you've now introduced errors in software and hardware to your organism, a need for constant updates, so hackers can't hijack your implants (you know the constant security scares that keep making your phones and computers more cumbersome to use)

Do you really think becoming a partial droid in human flesh would be a more evolved thing than being a human ?  Only a fast-food and msm-addled individual could fall to such conclusions. (yes, it doesn't take anything classified as "drug" to mess up the works of your body and mind, what's contained in fast food is perfectly sufficient to mess up your body's advanced molecular-electro-chemical system - and must I say it - your mind is not separate from your body. Distortions in your body will result in distortions to your mind and vice versa).  Try running a gasoline engine on diesel or vice versa - it doesn't end well.

If you really want to evolve, please try something real, before you chance something as electronics run by software written by humans, paid for by large corporations with their self interests largely incompatible with the interests of customers. 

And especially, read up on the pitfalls.  If your cell phone burns up in your rear pocket, it can already burn the crap out of your ass / leg.  If memory or circuits get corrupted (given they lack anything resembling the advanced self repair capabilities of the human body) you can't just throw an implant into the trash, like you can with a cell phone...

The more people accept this, the more the rest of us are in trouble.  You'd probably also welcome cashless currency for convenience, not realizing you're opening the doors to a kind of totalitarianism that would absolutely dwarf the programs of Hitler, Mao etc.

I support Ivar Messer