Origin 600 - Concept Sale Price [POLL]

VoA

Origin 600 - Concept Sale Price [POLL]  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What Price Do you expect CIG will set for the Concept Sale for the Origin 600?

• $200 or less
    • $250
    • $350
    • $400
    • $450
    • $500
    • $550
    • $600
    • $650 or more
  2. 2. What size do you think the Origin 600 will be?

• 30m or less
    • 40m
    • 50m
    • 60m
    • 70m
    • 80m
    • 90m or more
  3. 3. Do you think the Origin 300 series (rework) will be combined with the 600 series concept sale (for a package deal)?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Well it's being deferred for another month, thanks to Citizens of the Stars:

So, I watched it - maybe because that show absolutely failed to grab my interest,

I missed how this video is the reason for the further delay of the Origin 600...?

How can I muster whatever it takes to achieve the level of eager-fanboy required to follow a video production of that caliber...? 

Oh wait, maybe I'm looking at it wrong: I tossed my TV in the dumpster behind the house in 1997 and never bought another one, because corporate propaganda is detrimental to mental health. 98% is a poorly produced mix of bullshit, lies, drivel and brainwashing attempts. And the other 2% aren't quite worth the effort to try to sift out - like trying to find gold in a river, armed with nothing but rubber boots and an 8 inch strainer.

In that light, I have to realize my failure at being a representative sample and that watching shit shows is absolutely normal and acceptable. My apologies for missing the relevant bit...

• 1 month later...

Anyone think they will make a 600/890 combo like they have been doing in the past, or maybe a luxury bundle including the pheonix as well? I bet they will do something offering those ships back up in some crazy expensive package would net them some profit fur sure. But it would be around 2g's for it I think.

So, if this poll is right, it's a 60 meter ship for $350 and we get all new 300i designs along the lines of the Hornet MK2...?

I think the 3rd aspect is the most exciting, because I don't know how CIG could fit "luxury" into 60 meters, given how cramped the Phoenix is.

Luxury pack:  

890 Jump, 600 Hop, Phoenix and 300i MK2 with improved cabin and integrated wine cellar.

$ 1999,99

So, I like the design well enough - especially the bridge which avoids massive, clunky struts mucking everything up.

Surprisingly, I have no complaints about the armaments, though a class 9 would have been nice to include. But it can actually focus some firepower in one direction, almost like an attack ship.

Fixed guns in the front seem to say it can dogfight
(Even though CIG said the Constellation is the biggest ship that can still dogfight)

It can explore... Hell, a luxury ship with an actual function?

And for $2k you can fetch an 890 Jump along with everything else from Origin - as expected...

But that's a painful pack - way too many useless small ships to upgrade to something else. A terrible, terrible pack.

I did buy upgrades to the 600i - who knows, once its done, it might turn out better than some other things I bought and they're still working on - or not working on yet.

Not a single ship I bought as a concept is done yet...  I'd be massively surprised if they get the 890 Jump done first, but it seems to be scheduled before anything else I have.

Personally I'm keeping my Carrick for exploring.

See the whole set of reasons why this isn't a ship to compete with the connie is very little storage, very small cargo, nearly twice the price and very little shield cover and very band cover from weapons 3x fixed and 2 x remote turrets at completely opposite points of the ship. Also over twice the Weight.

The ship is two levels and both have corridors and rooms, unlike the connie which has only 4 bulk heads, no rooms just one crew/seating/toilets/shower.

I'm gonna get a CCU for the 600i exploration type. I'm not buying for weapons and shields tbh.

When I read the review the thing that struck me the most is that this is pretty much the first drug lord ship we've seen. You have a "VIP" area for your kingpin and a modest cargo hold for your narcs. You're fast to avoid trouble and you have decent weaponry and shields to fend off smaller ships. Can you say, 'Blockade runner'?

5 hours ago, Mitsuragi said:

When I read the review the thing that struck me the most is that this is pretty much the first drug lord ship we've seen. You have a "VIP" area for your kingpin and a modest cargo hold for your narcs. You're fast to avoid trouble and you have decent weaponry and shields to fend off smaller ships. Can you say, 'Blockade runner'?

haha!  Will the 600i fit into the Endeavor's hangar, so you can conveniently fetch the drugs from your lab?

I really wanted an 890 with lti so I cashed in my 3yr insurance one along with my sabre, terrapin, 3yr phoenix and some others and will just ccu as they become available again. minus the terrapin probably since I have a 600 for exploring. its a trash set as far as ships but the pricing is pretty damn good considering everything your getting.

The 600i is certainly a pretty and shiny ship -- it's basically an 890 Junior. However, I already had an 890 Jump and chose to sell it. Therefore, this isn't an opportunity for me to buy an eye candy ship that I missed out on, which is the buy incentive for most backers.

I own a Constellation Phoenix and a Carrack, so the 600i Touring and Exploration models have limited appeal. Correction, the 600i Exploration model has no appeal whatsoever, because it's smaller, less equipped, and more expensive than the Carrack. It doesn't make sense. The 600i Touring model was some appeal, because it's fancier than the Phoenix. I the reason why I upgraded my Connie to the Phoenix wasn't because it was the luxury edition, it was because it had superior weapons, including a point-defense auto-turret, a +1 max size power plant, and superior shield gen. That's why I care about. Not the skylight, hot tub, or Apple-inspired styling. The specs on the 600i are comparable to the Phoenix. It seems like the Phoenix's manned turrets have bigger guns, but the 600i has S3 missiles, so it's kinda a toss up on offense. The 600i's power plant, shield gen, and engines are all smaller than the Phoenix's, but that's probably because the specs are outdated. When the new Ship Specs are released, I expect that the specs for all ships will be re-balanced. When that happens, I think the Phoenix and 600i will be comparable, with the latter's luxury styling justifying its higher price.

For the roles that I intend to perform, the Phoenix is the right ship for me, which is why I don't intend to CCU to the 600i, or keep the 600i that I bought with store credit. The 600i will be one of the ships that I'll buy in-game.

That said, if the upcoming Q&A for the 600i has some extraordinary revelations about the luxury ship's capabilities, I could change my mind. ;)

EDIT:

After I melted the 600i Exploration Model that I bought yesterday, so I could buy the 600i Touring Model today, I checked the Buy Back Pledges section of my Hangar and discovered that the Buy Back button for the 600i was disabled and said "Not Available." It gave 3 possible reasons for this:

• It includes physical items
  • It was a special discounted offer
  • It was a special limited offer

None of them seem to apply to the 600i.

I've made a post on Spectrum about this issue. Hopefully I'll receive an explanation about what's going on.

Got the touring version to sit beside my 890J (Origin luxury <3).  I'm not convinced I wouldn't be better off getting something like a Crucible instead, but...the Origin preciousss...they're the only manufacturer I feel like I want to have a collection with (besides all Banu ships in general :P).  It's like, Origin ships are more than just vehicles you use, they're works of art that you put on display.  Can't complain too much though, as I got it for $300.

Spoiler

gollum.jpg

Crucible!

I expect the Crucible to be the one larger ship I start using first (for repairs), followed by the Endeavor for tuning.

As for the Origin 600i, I's rather park my 600i INSIDE my 890 Jump, rather than next to it  :D

You can see the hangar size I'm hoping for lulz

What I really wonder about:

Just how large - compared to the ship itself - are the 600i modules?

It seems to me like the module makes up more than half of the overall ship's size, maybe as much as two thirds...?

2 hours ago, Reavern said:

After I melted the 600i Exploration Model that I bought yesterday, so I could buy the 600i Touring Model today, I checked the Buy Back Pledges section of my Hangar and discovered that the Buy Back button for the 600i was disabled and said "Not Available."

I've made a publish on Spectrum about this issue. Hopefully I'll receive an explanation about what's going on.

This is interesting, to say the least!  I will melt my 600i exploration upgrade and see if that also can't be bought back.  Once I find out, I'll post back here...

I'm planning on using a Genesis Starliner as one of my 1st larger ships I use; after the BMM grew I thought it would make a nice mid-sized cargo ship.  Like you, I have an Endeavor with the super collider as well (would be nice if the 600 would fit in the hangar module).

If they do a good enough job of the 300 I might get one to put in the 890J, assuming it fits.

The 600i has two decks which is pretty nice for a ship of its size; maybe it'll grow a little when being modelled, like everything else has so far.  You can go into 1st person fly mode and have a look inside with this 3D model (it's very rough though).  Here's the 890J one as well, but it's probably smaller than what we'll end up with and the wrong model though.