Own: StarFarer (Original)-LTI and now also Gemini (LTI) : Help, what to do?

Hi gang

As the subject line says, I own an Original ($175) Starfarer (it had nothing packaged with it, except LTI); I know/think its worth $ 300

I also got my hand on a Starfarer Gemini original package for $ 283 or so (which has LTI, and the poster/model), and I think this is worth $ 340

What would you do ?

Q1: Does the full cargo capacity of the starfarer vs the Gemini worth it, or is

the armour/weapons on a Gemini a good sacrifice ?

Q2: what would you do? upgrade one, as an LTI frame if something like the Origin 600 ever comes out i.e. a ship > $ 300 

I posted a while back my full fleet, I basically have everything I want (SH, Reclaimer, Retaliator, Phoenix, Carrack, Terrapin, Orion + Banu/Caterpillar)

except

1- Maybe a future Cap Ship or

2- Science or Luxury LIner (a la 890 Jump)

All advice welcome, from you wonderful people.. :)

JM

upgrade your lti gemini to lti polaris when goes on sale again. Starfarer's main usage is fuel harvest imo so i dont see why it needs to be armored when you need transport anyway.

i'd advise against a 890 jump due to obnoxious pricing.

kind regards,

Starfarer to a Polaris is a big jump. Different roles and different "styles"  Polaris Strike Cap on the front line. The Starfarer was originally just pure Fuel/liquid transporter, but now that has fuel and a large cargo space internal. Of course it has been muttered that the external liquid tanks can be swapped with cargo containers.  I have the Starfarer and the "Star-G" (a really sucky name imho). Tbh Hull D to go with your Orion they can swap cargo in space IE ore. I have bother and I am not looking the change them anytime soon. However both are basically the same yet the Star-G is supposed to get a completely new layout as the concept says and I have been told (third party) that they will redesign it in the future, but just not quite sure. It would be great if it has a different style layout

890 is not a cap ship, spectrum sheet listed it as a large ship :D. It only has 5 rooms for "guests". Anyway I too would go against buying the 890 as it just screams prick. Anyway Cap ships are solely built as Military warships IE front line. However, you can in theory run the exploring, cargo/trading, FOB, or just different number of roles they can do. However, we don't know that value/price efficiency they can do it.  

Endeaver may seem like a good buy, but no modules attached, the modules are guaranteed to jump up their price. Still it is a handy idea ie the long run that is.

All of the ships out therthere will play a role. The reg. starfarrer will have more fuel gathering capacity. In place of armor the Gemini will be neer front lines staging points.

If you  have every ship then you will be able to experance all the game play the game will offer.and you will very quickly see that you like and don't like.

Also if you have a 890 keep it.

Those will be spethal.

My two cents as a previous (175$) Starfarer  owner:
as I disliked very much how they botched the interiors imo (not to speak of the Gemini fail), I took advantage of the value increase and upgraded it to a Carrack. I can always revert the upgrade and keep the Starfarer or upgrade it to something else. In any case I'll probably get one in game in game as I like the fuel harvesting mechanic.

but It is the only ship to use as refueling or refuel from a gas giant. They didn't "botch" anything the designed to mix it a fire fight inside. A really unpleasant internal look, each to get confused and loss of barrings in my honest opinion.  However, I know that it should be reworked, but not in this life time unfortunately. Too many corridors and not enough rooms. I've excluded the rear turrets as nothing that can change with them. As is this is the only ship to refuel in space (Caps can only do it for a certain side and they must land). I'll keep them even if they suddenly changed into giant bright pink dildos just like the freelancer :D .

For the moment it is the only one for harvesting gas giants and processing the fuel but maybe there will be others, albeit not so big; bit like the Orion and Prospector. And harvesting and refueling are two different things.
Tastes are tastes but when you admittedly design a ship interior as a FPS level (they hinted as much, it's for SQ42) something has to give.

We don't know what they're gonna do with the SF/Gemini situation atm, as the Gemini is just a straight upgrade currently (besides the olive green interior...).  We don't know if they're gonna add more military stuff in the interior cargo room to cut down space, or if the fuel tanks will be armored and carry less.  Can always hang on to the standard one and a Gemini upgrade until we know more.

The 890J was great at $600, but $890 now without LTI is pretty crazy, especially as you already have a Phoenix.  Maybe if the 600 series is better than a Phoenix it could be worth upgrading to one of those (Origin ftw).

The Endeavor would be a good addition as it offers so many different ways to play, and you seem to like larger non-combat ships; but as the modules don't come with LTI anymore I'd just earn them ingame and play with your other ships first to pay for them.  The ship's not even rumoured to be released before launch anyway (hopefully wrong), so this might be fine.  The science/research modules synergize well with the Carrack and the telescope will be useful for locating asteroid fields/derelicts for the Orion & Reclaimer (and ofc places to send the Carrack too).

got the same problem ;o have both ships, im yust waiting on a nice new ship above 300 to ccu up too

on wich1 to ccu, that depands on what ya want to use it for, star-g for dangerous area's and supporting combat devision, wich means the lti will be nice as it at more risks

basic starfarer if ya gona stay around safe area anyways

Atm both at the same except for weapons, missile launcher and few tables and chairs.

There are basically the same cargo amount and liquid amount at the same. Atm there is no real difference. I'd wish the were the same as the originally described externally the same, but the inside were different and the liquid tank were smaller holds due to bigger armour.

I'm keeping mine for various things, high-sec, low-sec or staging area. However, they are both the same (excluding missiles).

Don't bother with the stats as CIG can't do them right for now.

Hi gang

Thx for the great advice

While I missed all the CCU's from last year, and im wrapping my head how this works, I thought i'd try something (but ill probably mes it up :) )

CCU for $ 10 my Gemini = BANU MM

CCU for $ 50 my Starfarer = BANU MM

If the Banu Goes much higher, ill convert both my starfarer's to BANU's, end up with 3 and convert those to a higher price ship in future (like , maybe  a Polaris, or a Origin 600)

With the BANU being now 238M Long (as big as a Capship), this is not a $ 350 ship but a 6-700 $ one

I hope Im not screwing up...

Thx all

any comments welcome

JM