Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

As this position can be seen in all three of the current subdivisions of Professions, I thought it should have it's own tab to deal with commanding multi-crew ships as well as strike groups, squadrons, battle groups and the like. There is plenty to discuss here, and if it comes to larger orgs I am sure this can be considered a profession on its own considering the complexity of managing multiple ships both capital and strike craft and understanding space combat ect. On the smaller side discussing the ability of commanders in ships like the Reclaimer, Starfarrer and even the Constellation would make this a rather larger sub thread if created. There is plenty of theory crafting I have on tactics and abilities.

macgivre likes this

This is why Imperium will train together. Even working in an integrated force, commanding a strike force is going to be a bitch. From gung ho hotshots to overly cautious cap ship owners not willing to sacrifice/endanger their ship or even integrating with a ground assault force will likely be a pain and really necessary. However, these events will likely be so much fun that, as long as costs are covered, people will donate their time to participate. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By silrerbay
      I am selling game packages AURORA LN with Star Citizen + Squadron 42, it's 10$ below the current price in the RSI store.
      I have over 100 successful sales of ships Star Citizen on eBay (all with positive feedback from buyers). PM me message and I will provide a link to that sales thread. Also I have successful major sales on this site, you can see my feedback.

Please read the Instructions & Conditions:

Package included:
      Space Ship Aurora LN
      Self Land Hangar
      Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
      3 Month Insurance
      Digital Star Citizen Manual
      Squadron 42 Digital Download
      Star Citizen Digital Download
      Description:
      Aurora LN - this combat variant ship lines Aurora. With a more robust shield generator and a pair of additional weapon hard points, the Aurora Legionnaire is a dedicated combat fighter, built to handle any obstacle the universe can throw at you. 
      Price: 55 USD$ - including PayPal fees
      The Aurora LN game package at this time is no longer sold on RSI's website.To get this package in particular for it's cheapest price point from RSI, you would need to buy the $60 Mustang Alpha Star Citizen + Squadron 42 Combo pack, plus an additional $5 Aurora LN upgrade, which totals for $65. You save $10 when buying this package from me for $55.

• By Donut
      Lately I've been digging around at what ships have been designed for, and what players plan on doing with those ships. It has also been brought up that CIG has been re-working ships based on these modular ideas of both the player and what the ship can do or be.
      "As for the lessons learned, the feedback, we learned that you guys are very interest in having modular ships - that was something that was a big take-away from that. You're very interested in being able to swap out the internal components of ships, so rather than just exterior components, being able to say, "hey I want these crew quarters to be 'this' now," so that's something we've been exploring and hopefully we'll have more information on soon."
      "So, if you have an Aegis ship which is supposed to be a mining vessel - well, the Reclaimer is actually not a mining vessel. But, as an example let's assume there was an Aegis ship that was a mining vessel. We would start off with mining equipment as references, and then we'd go ahead and apply the Aegis aesthetic on top of that. So we'd have smooth curves. We'd have like… space shuttling panelling, since that's part of the look for them, and we'd probably have the intakes on the top since that's like an Aegis thing. So, we have style guides which define some of the elements that these ships need to have and that's kind of how we arrive at the look. And we'll do variations of that and pick the coolest one."

$65 million strech goal:

After doing such research, I've come to the conclusion that making the Reclaimer a mining ship wouldn't be very hard at all. In fact the arm that stretches out to grab stuff could very well stay attached and all the processes that go into breaking down ships and pieces of stations internally would stay as well. 
      How do you guys feel about the Reclaimer being able to be dual purpose such as mining, too? Personally I love the aspect of it and hope that we can explore additional options with the ship, and maybe even see modular parts go on sale.

• By cybercore
      Hi,
      iam looking for a rear admiral pack.
      pls contact me if you can sell me one.
      I had one but selld it a half year ago and now i want it back >.< i hope you guys can help me....
      I looked on ebay but i cant find one
      regards
    • By Doopsums

Do you like to pew pew? Do you like to go fast? Do you like to cap the core? If you answered yes to any of these questions and enjoy the leader board ranking system of Arena Commander, then show off your accomplishments and standings by posting your own rankings in this thread. Post your screenshots and compare your mettle to other top pilots within Imperium and the SCB community. We hope this creates a great atmosphere for members to improve their skills along side their fellow pilots while showing off your accomplishments at the same time!

So what are you waiting for? Start posting your standings!
      Useful Links:
      Didn’t find what you are looking for? Check the below threads for additional information:
      Arena Commander Tips: Click here
      Imperium Racing: Click here