Nox + Nox Kue

VoA

1 hour ago, Danakar Endeel said:

This is one of the images hidden behind the 'Clearance Level Ultra'. Apparently it's only accessible to Concierge level backers who also bought the Eclipse Warbond. Guess cash-only Warbond is the only thing that matters to CIG Marketing these days. <_<

Nox_Nose_closeup_dark.png

Thx for showing this

a question , if I may ?

where do I access this clearance ultra area , and i did buy warbond eclipse

thank you!

j

3 minutes ago, Lady Tyreanthil Kyranthia said:

Thx for showing this

a question , if I may ?

where do I access this clearance ultra area , and i did buy warbond eclipse

thank you!

j

It looks like the only ones with this 'clearance' are Concierge level backers who bought the Eclipse during the 24h Concierge presale

Any 'regular' Eclipse Warbond (bought after the 24h presale) apparently doesn't qualify for 'Ultra Level Clearance'.

10 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

It looks like the only ones with this 'clearance' are Concierge level backers who bought the Eclipse during the 24h Concierge presale

Any 'regular' Eclipse Warbond (bought after the 24h presale) apparently doesn't qualify for 'Ultra Level Clearance'.

Yes I got that

Im one of those, but I dont remember special access to anything as concierge for additional content..

CAn you showw me/link the area , as I have no clue what you are talking about :) 

Thank you kindly

J

1 hour ago, VoA said:

@Danakar Endeel - thanks for the -image but didn't see you post it with the date - so people know when it is on-sale (looks like the 600 got bumped back again)

PCrsfob.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I usually go straight for the source images. :P

1 hour ago, Lady Tyreanthil Kyranthia said:

Yes I got that

Im one of those, but I dont remember special access to anything as concierge for additional content..

CAn you showw me/link the area , as I have no clue what you are talking about :) 

Thank you kindly

J

Direct link should be this one here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15967-CLEARANCE-LEVEL-ULTRA-REQUIRED

(I can't see it myself as I never bought the 24hr presale Eclipse) :P

3 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

This is one of the images hidden behind the 'Clearance Level Ultra'. Apparently it's only accessible to Concierge level backers who also bought the Eclipse Warbond. Guess cash-only Warbond is the only thing that matters to CIG Marketing these days. <_<

Nox_Nose_closeup_dark.png

It does not look like some stylish consumer item.  More like brute force engineering.

Someone suggested it might be "the" front intake. Maybe just one of several?  Regardless if it is or if it isn't, it seems to be mounted on a rather skinny appendage of something outside the image.

It could also be a:

- door

- luggage compartment

- inactive thruster

- part of a borg cube

- some really tiny component of the Nox, made to look large

Further, comparing to the Khartu, its angularity differs strongly from the Khartu and lacks any curvature that was so prominent on the Khartu...

Its either black, dark grey or blue.  But sadly not a Necromonger design - I guess the Banu are closer to that

37 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I usually go straight for the source images. :P

Direct link should be this one here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15967-CLEARANCE-LEVEL-ULTRA-REQUIRED

(I can't see it myself as I never bought the 24hr presale Eclipse) :P

Thank you kindly Danakar!

I wonder how much you have to spend, to hit Concierge. I've spent, about $ 5,000 or so, with No Capships bought :)

Very appreciated!

J

Just now, Pharesm said:

It does not look like some stylish consumer item.  More like brute force engineering.

Someone suggested it might be "the" front intake. Maybe just one of several?  Regardless if it is or if it isn't, it seems to be mounted on a rather skinny appendage of something outside the image.

It could also be a:

- door

- luggage compartment

- inactive thruster

- part of a borg cube

- some really tiny component of the Nox, made to look large

Further, comparing to the Khartu, its angularity differs strongly from the Khartu and lacks any curvature that was so prominent on the Khartu...

Yeah, with the hard edges and straight lines the NOX almost looks more like something the Tevarin would have built. Especially when comparing it to the Prowler. 

Star-Citizen-Prowler.jpg

By comparison the Xi'an Scout has a much more organic feel to it.

196c7899667193dfcea0c8256bade538.jpg

9 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Yeah, with the hard edges and straight lines the NOX almost looks more like something the Tevarin would have built. Especially when comparing it to the Prowler. 

Star-Citizen-Prowler.jpg

By comparison the Xi'an Scout has a much more organic feel to it.

You're right!  The Tevarin design would seem to have a closer relation...  Time to have a closer look at that one  ^^SJLqaQj.png&f=1

imo, this qualifies as one of CIG's coolest designs...

And not airplanes in space for once.

14 minutes ago, Lady Tyreanthil Kyranthia said:

Thank you kindly Danakar!

I wonder how much you have to spend, to hit Concierge. I've spent, about $ 5,000 or so, with No Capships bought :)

Very appreciated!

J

No problem! Always happy to help out where I can. ;)

You get to Concierge level automatically once you've pledged $1000 or more. This gives you access to the Concierge subforums on Spectrum and should also give you a flair item for in your hangar in the shape of a top hat and monocle which you can't wear (yet) unfortunately. :P

8S2v8RK.jpg

Currently I'm sitting at around $3200 myself with my only 'cap ship' being a Polaris (bought quite a few of the other big ships as well though like the Carrack, Reclaimer etc.) :)

9 minutes ago, Pharesm said:

You're right!  The Tevarin design would seem to have a closer relation...  Time to have a closer look at that one  ^^

Yeah, the image currently feels more Tevarin than Xi'an to me.

Another thing I noticed was that the NOX doesn't appear to have any weapons (unless they are hidden or just not mounted yet).

So I wonder if this bike will be completely unarmed or not. The Dragonfly at least had 2 S1 guns which may not be much more than an annoyance against enemy ships but would be very effective at mowing down enemy players while planetside.

7 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Another thing I noticed was that the NOX doesn't appear to have any weapons (unless they are hidden or just not mounted yet).

So I wonder if this bike will be completely unarmed or not. The Dragonfly at least had 2 S1 guns which may not be much more than an annoyance against enemy ships but would be very effective at mowing down enemy players while planetside.

I don't believe that we're looking at anything resembling the Nox overall - I think the part shown is either one of two or several thruster units or some other component smaller than a an espresso machine.

Agreed on weapons - 2 S1 guns are a massive threat to people on foot, not to mention you don't get tired carrying them or have aiming problems from running with some big-ass gun.  Anyone on foot would have to be very careful and clever about taking out some guy on a speeder, with undetected ambush being the best way by a long shot  :)

You also maybe able to obliterate doors and such on smaller planet-side structures.

With one space bike carrying weapons, I do not believe the second will somehow lack them - especially not as a Tevarin design. And especially not with CIG wanting to sell them in numbers... 

Not sure how it will compare otherwise - do you think it will have a passenger seat?

The rest of functions being pretty close to equal, by virtue of both being space bikes, weapons and dual seats would seem to be the things one would look at...

Here is a picture (from an earlier AtV I believe) that apparently shows the NOX from the side. On the right we see the nose area with the massive intake while the left has the driver's seat and the blue parts look like stabilizer fins or exhaust. :)

XianNox2.jpg

XianNox3.jpg

Edit: Oh, just realized Donut also posted a similar screenshot. :P

1 hour ago, Donut said:

This is the full ship partially 3D rendered. It was posted on Imgur a month ago. All I have is this screenshot. What we're seeing is the nose of the Nox speed bike

Hide contents

Oh I missed your post...

If the right side of your image is the front, then I can see how that blocky thing CIG gave is could be that...

If the left side of your image is the front, then I can't really see it...

It almost seems like the rider is fully enclosed?

Is Headroom sufficient to wear my cowboy hat?

Will I upgrade my dragonfly to this or will I wait for the Origin bike?

Can my 85X do the same job of skimming planet surfaces?

agKHb2c.png

Just found this...   I couldn't really tell what the yellow surround was on the other picture, it looked like an outer hull...

This "enhancement" helped me see  ;-)

Now its a match with the front on the right side, but still looks like CIG squeezed off the rear end in their teaser shot

33 minutes ago, Pharesm said:

Oh I missed your post...

If the right side of your image is the front, then I can see how that blocky thing CIG gave is could be that...

If the left side of your image is the front, then I can't really see it...

It almost seems like the rider is fully enclosed?

Is Headroom sufficient to wear my cowboy hat?

Will I upgrade my dragonfly to this or will I wait for the Origin bike?

Can my 85X do the same job of skimming planet surfaces?

agKHb2c.png

Just found this...   I couldn't really tell what the yellow surround was on the other picture, it looked like an outer hull...

This "enhancement" helped me see  ;-)

Now its a match with the front on the right side, but still looks like CIG squeezed off the rear end in their teaser shot

Yeah, I think the orange bit was more like its shield or something. The image you posted should be how the bike is going to look from the side. :)

Found some more Nox pictures...

Spoiler

swtor-meirm-gray-fox-speeder-2.jpg&f=1

Spoiler

Meirm-Badger-Back.png&f=1

100% match  :)

2 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Yeah, I think the orange bit was more like its shield or something. The image you posted should be how the bike is going to look from the side. :)

Looks ominously like a single seater...

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

It's supposed to be an open cockpit crotch rocket speed bike, what we all thought the Dragonfly was supposed  to be

They better have used trustworthy insulation material in the seat!

7 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

Okay, this is looking good. Wonder if you can fit two of them and an Ursa in the Aquila.

Seems likely.  In a Polaris, you may be able to use them to get from the Hangar to the Bridge faster!

Spoiler

bea802ebcd97f32fbbed8a50bef898d2.jpg

The hallways sure are spacious enough!

In spite of not having seen most of the Nox, I already think I'll like the design better than the Drake design.

But we don't know if it has guns and it might lack the rear-facing seat...

In exchange, it might have sharper maneuvering and greater speed...

Will be an interesting sale, also, because CIG is about to make motorcycles really useful in 3.0.