Nox + Nox Kue

VoA

$40 is actually less than I expected as I figured CIG was going to pull their 'Alien Tax' card again. But with this even Dragonfly owners could just melt theirs or get a $5 CCU if they prefer to have a NOX instead.

No specific mention if it has LTI though or if the $40 is the Credit or Warbond price. I assume it's $40 (credit) and LTI but I've seen what can happen if you assume anything where CIG Marketing is involved. 

If it does have LTI and $40 I'll likely pick one up. If it also has a Warbond version at $35 cash I would even consider paying that instead.

Still want to see if it has any weapons or not though as it must have at least some guns. Otherwise I can't shoot aliens to steal their fertility sticks. :P

@Danakar Endeel ALL Concept sales are LTI. FACT.

Regarding the price.... The last 3 concept sales they have announce the "credit" price and NOT the war bond price. So congrats on your new Nox. :D

I was hoping for the 600 sale myself but I guess this is something more affordable after a single seat $275 bomber.  :P

2 hours ago, Nova-Prime said:

@Danakar Endeel ALL Concept sales are LTI. FACT.

Regarding the price.... The last 3 concept sales they have announce the "credit" price and NOT the war bond price. So congrats on your new Nox. :D

I was hoping for the 600 sale myself but I guess this is something more affordable after a single seat $275 bomber.  :P

True, but the Ursa Rover and P52 Merlin never got sold with LTI during their first time but I guess that was because CIG had the "it's part of an existing ship" excuse or something. So while I expect them to offer LTI on the NOX; previous actions by CIG Marketing have been a little random in the past. :P

I was also hoping to see the Origin 600 instead of the NOX though and feel like we're just getting tossed a bone with the NOX so CIG can push the Origin 600 to a date after the 3.0 launch when all our $0 Redeemer-BMM CCU tokens are removed. ;)

EDIT: Just got word back from Tyler Witkin and he confirmed that the NOX will have LTI. He also edited the post in the 'ship prices' thread to reflect this. :)

XianNoxLTI.png

15 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

$40 is actually less than I expected as I figured CIG was going to pull their 'Alien Tax' card again. But with this even Dragonfly owners could just melt theirs or get a $5 CCU if they prefer to have a NOX instead.

No specific mention if it has LTI though or if the $40 is the Credit or Warbond price. I assume it's $40 (credit) and LTI but I've seen what can happen if you assume anything where CIG Marketing is involved. 

If it does have LTI and $40 I'll likely pick one up. If it also has a Warbond version at $35 cash I would even consider paying that instead.

Still want to see if it has any weapons or not though as it must have at least some guns. Otherwise I can't shoot aliens to steal their fertility sticks. :P

LOL I'm screwed, its too cheap to upgrade the Drake scooter in my Explorer Pack!

As for the $5 CCUs, I thought CIG decided not to do that, looking at Zyloh's most recent post on the subject.

Good question if the $40 is the warbond version and $45 is the regular price, just to prevent $0 CCUs from the other motorcycle...

Guns would be nice...

The $35 price reminds me of a friend I was getting into Star Citizen during the early days (cause we used to both play Wing Commander)  He was debating hard, if he should just stick to some Aurora model or totally *splurge* for a 300i...

Now, $35 is just something people pick up on the side.

Soon, you won't get a nice dinner for $35, but just Ramen in a plastic bag.  We'll start thinking all CIG ships are dirt cheap  :)

1 hour ago, Grizzlyb said:

Well, it will come on sale next Saturday for $40, not unreasonable I think?

Yeah, $40 was actually less than I expected and would even allow Dragonfly owners to CCU their speeder to a NOX for $5. So that was pretty reasonable as I was half expecting CIG to pull another 'alien tax' card and try to sell it for $60 or something. :)

Now I just need to know if the NOX will have any weapons as the first picture we saw makes it look completely unarmed. :(

3 hours ago, Pharesm said:

LOL I'm screwed, its too cheap to upgrade the Drake scooter in my Explorer Pack!

As for the $5 CCUs, I thought CIG decided not to do that, looking at Zyloh's most recent post on the subject.

Good question if the $40 is the warbond version and $45 is the regular price, just to prevent $0 CCUs from the other motorcycle...

Guns would be nice...

The $35 price reminds me of a friend I was getting into Star Citizen during the early days (cause we used to both play Wing Commander)  He was debating hard, if he should just stick to some Aurora model or totally *splurge* for a 300i...

Now, $35 is just something people pick up on the side.

Soon, you won't get a nice dinner for $35, but just Ramen in a plastic bag.  We'll start thinking all CIG ships are dirt cheap  :)

Why is it too cheap? The Dragonfly has a CCU value of $35. So with the NOX at $40 you should be able to CCU to it for $5. :)

CIG only disabled the $0 CCUs on new concept sales, but others should work fine as I was able to get a $25 Redeemer-to-Eclipse CCU.

CIG$0CCU.png

21 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Why is it too cheap? The Dragonfly has a CCU value of $35. So with the NOX at $40 you should be able to CCU to it for $5. :)

CIG only disabled the $0 CCUs on new concept sales, but others should work fine as I was able to get a $25 Redeemer-to-Eclipse CCU.

CIG$0CCU.png

Ohhh, for some reason, I thought it was at $45...

Thanks for putting that straight  :D

So, in that light, it should be interesting, if the extra $5 is CIG's alien surcharge or if it affords some unique feature.

And I'm still wondering if the 85X couldn't fulfill the same job on a planet surface as the space motorcycles can, like skimming the surface...?

One upside to the speeders is that they will float above the surface. However they implement the physics, I would think you're not likely to hit the ground with them. So while it's likely to go much slower than a snub, it won't be as hazardous.

Also, the Dragonfly at least can carry some cargo, the snubs can't.

8 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

One upside to the speeders is that they will float above the surface. However they implement the physics, I would think you're not likely to hit the ground with them. So while it's likely to go much slower than a snub, it won't be as hazardous.

Also, the Dragonfly at least can carry some cargo, the snubs can't.

Hey, you wouldn't believe what I can cram on the passenger seat of my 85X   :D

Your point about the floating is indisputable and I guess snubs don't get that and can't equip some module to do that either...

They might just use invisible wheels to achieve that, since that tech is already built for the Rovers.

On the Rover in the big 3.0 preview video from last year, the only thing that moved correctly were the wheels.  The chassis was umm, aweful... it received zero motion from the terrain, rather than 20 or 30% of it, filtered by the action of the wheels.  I'm not saying that some future AI enhanced suspension couldn't prevent 99.9% of motion from transferring to the vehicle's body, but it sure looks crappy and unnatural.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Nox is like, I still don't own a vehicle and with Planetary tech, that has become more important:D
I hope it fits in the back of my Freelancer DUR. If not, I'm sure I can stall it in my Reclaimer at some point.

Oh, also, @Moderators, it appears there are 2 Nox discussion threads now, thisone and the one here: https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/21437-the-nox
Maybe a good idea to merge?

Interception attempt has failed. Freighter MV Golden Ticket has arrived at destination and will begin offloading units tomorrow. Loyal Advocacy units have monitored a major engagement, but attempts to rally private enterprise forces to intercept the export salecargo have failed.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15980-CLEARANCE-LEVEL-ULTRA-REQUIRED

Its_okay_to_share_this_is_all_just_for_f

On 4/16/2017 at 9:53 AM, Switch said:

One thing confirmed is, we cannot deface or destroy planets, so I'm really thinking a no on orbital strikes.

Oh man, Goonswarm people are going to hate that... they can't print their names on planet surfaces with ship weapons?

1 hour ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Looks pretty slick. Still not seeing it carrying any weapons though unless they're hidden or something.

Now that we can see it more clearly, it actually looks like its larger than I thought?  Larger in relation to a person riding it?

Is that weirdly positioned roof part in the rear a canopy that can open and close?  Or, if not, what the heck is it??

And should the rider be forced to lay on his stomach in an almost Vanduul-like position, then how do you get out without breaking your back?

I take it, Star Citizen avatars will have extra joints in their skeletons?  ;-)

23 minutes ago, Pharesm said:

Oh man, Goonswarm people are going to hate that... they can't print their names on planet surfaces with ship weapons?

Now that we can see it more clearly, it actually looks like its larger than I thought?  Larger in relation to a person riding it?

Is that weirdly positioned roof part in the rear a canopy that can open and close?  Or, if not, what the heck is it??

Could be that it's closing up once you're in so you're actually more protected from the top compared to the Dragonfly. :)

The seating area in general looks like you might actually be lying down on your belly when operating it. That would be pretty cool imo. :)

commission__feliane_and_hoverbike_by_aiy

Thouht I'd share. This was a post made by The-Nightrider over on the Star Citizen subreddit :)

Adjusted the original Nox image in Photoshop
removed cross curves
set highlight & shadow balance and opened up midtones
ran mild unsharpmask on body textures of Nox
http://i.imgur.com/mH5VcXV.jpg

AopoaNOX-sharpened.png