Nox + Nox Kue

VoA

From Spectrum - 

Minaha@Minaha
Today at 09:30 am
VoA

Otherwise a good starter, but nox is an open canopy racer. As per this https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/15632-Empire-Report-Hyperion-Rally.

+++ From Reddit...

From Liudeius 
They mentioned it before in a context that suggested it might be an ultralight like the Dragonfly.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/15632-Empire-Report-Hyperion-Rally

People think that riding a Dragonfly or a Nox means partying hard, but that’s just wrong.

1 minute ago, GeraldEvans said:

Thank you taptalk for not loading the rest of the thread.

lol We all expected a sleek looking space motorcycle out of the Dragonfly and got a garage Harley that looks like it was made from John Deere parts. At least we're finally getting something with a little speed and style

I really hope we get some more concepts coming soon, buccaneer was great, but really interested what they are going to have offer for ground combat. With the death mechanics of the game, I wonder what would entice someone to focus on ground based combat, without seeing any ground concept concepts other than the rover and dragonfly, and if they are it I would stay off the ground, especially if orbital strikes are potentially coming into the game... I know its still a rumor, but itd be awesome.. 

Edited by Star Lord

Keep in mind, if and thats a big "if" they do obital stricks, it will be from large weapon systems.eg STS guns or special torps!!! So the chance of targeting small fast moving ships/vehicals is very unlikely.
Now if a polaris launches 4 size 10 torps with special atmosphere-entry shielding, they might not need to target your dragonfly/rover because the blastwave will kill u!!!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

One thing confirmed is, we cannot deface or destroy planets, so I'm really thinking a no on orbital strikes. A reason I myself am interested in ground based combat and these types of vehicles is, Ground combat is just entertaining, especially including dropships. Include these ground vehicles, rather you use them as speeders to arrive at your location, pursue a target or patrol an area, there's tons of interesting possibilities that open up with these vehicles.  I do wonder how ships will play along with ground vehicles though, can they hover in atmosphere? Weapons affected in atmosphere? etc.  Honestly, I trust CIG to balance everything at the end, so I'm just going to enjoy these little open cockpit vehicles to their fullest, most likely racing on planets. 

15 hours ago, Donut said:

We're finally getting the space motorcycle the Dragonfly should have been :D 

p90248860_highres_lego-technic-design-.j

I know, right...

That Drake thing is clunky - 4 suitcases nailed to a chunk of fat pipe.  I will ccu to the first best alternative...

I do wonder what the spring-loaded shocks are absorbing in this one though...

12 hours ago, AstroJak said:

Keep in mind, if and thats a big "if" they do obital stricks, it will be from large weapon systems.eg STS guns or special torps!!! So the chance of targeting small fast moving ships/vehicals is very unlikely.
Now if a polaris launches 4 size 10 torps with special atmosphere-entry shielding, they might not need to target your dragonfly/rover because the blastwave will kill u!!!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

We do need a planet killer weapon, so we can force CIG to keep making new ones  :D

If a planet has shitty resources, just blow it and get a 50% chance to get something better...

5 minutes ago, Taldren said:

heh, its the original concept description of the scout. :P

The ship we still have not received.

I agree that they need to work on the Khartu-al more - however - there is suppose to be more of a dedicated fighting variant of the Khartu-al (*maybe a variant).   The Scout is listed on the ship matrix as being a "Dedicated Explorer" - so it may have better sensors.

Just now, VoA said:

I agree that they need to work on the Khartu-al more - however - there is suppose to be more of a dedicated fighting variant of the Khartu-al (*maybe a variant).   The Scout is listed on the ship matrix as being a "Dedicated Explorer" - so it may have better sensors.

The original concept sale stated that it was a 2 man . VR cockpit , light fighter with 4 and maybe up to 6 guns. The difference between it and the Karthu-al was supposed to be that the scout did not have missiles. It was supposed to have multiple flight modes that were supposed to apply automatically. None of that actually made it into the ship.

So, the NOX is mentioned in the new schedule, together with the Sabre Raven.

We know little about those new concept ships. What we know about the Nox comes from this transcription:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/15632-Empire-Report-Hyperion-Rally

I was looking for a small LTI for a while, this could be it :)

nprRiyC.jpg