Sabre Raven

VoA

Here is the definitive answer on this link

Introducing the Sabre Raven & Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P

Greetings Citizen!

As the proud new owner of an Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P, you are now eligible to claim an exclusive spaceship: Aegis’ Sabre Raven and a Star Citizen game package including access to the Arena Commander module.

8 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:

The 280 Gb card is only $389, so it's not really that awful.

That's 3 times the cost of a 250 GB NAND SSD. A 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro costs $130. a 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro costs $450. That's more than triple the capacity for an extra $60. And negligible difference in performance.

So Optane is definitely over-priced -- not surprising since it's brand new (not even released yet).

Like I said, the smart thing to do is to buy the Optane SSD and then sell the Raven promo redemption code to a Star Citizen enthusiast with more money than brains, who'd probably pay at least $250 for it. Then they'd have the Optane SSD for $140, roughly the same price as a Samsung SSD. :D

well i cant say its the same or marginally better performance than the 850pro but i have heard this new optane ssd is marginally better than the 960 pro which is significanly better than the 850...

i've pulled this excerpt from the official RSI release doc for the sabre/optane; You further agree that this promotional item is non-transferable, non-assignable, and may not be traded or gifted. So i'd assume that CS will not allow the trading and gifting of these ship, its quite likely that once the code is entered the ship will be acct locked and melting will generate 0 rsi. Can people sell codes, well sure but if you buy a fake code, who will you contact to get your money make? no one because your actions where not allowed., so your screwed. 

i'm lucky in that i am in need of a new ssd and was holding out for either this optane 2.5 or a 960 pro m.2... now my decision has been made for me. I also needed a new video card and with the recent 1070ti i'm set.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/intel-optane

11 minutes ago, AstroJak said:

i've pulled this excerpt from the official RSI release doc for the sabre/optane; You further agree that this promotional item is non-transferable, non-assignable, and may not be traded or gifted. So i'd assume that CS will not allow the trading and gifting of these ship, its quite likely that once the code is entered the ship will be acct locked and melting will generate 0 rsi. Can people sell codes, well sure but if you buy a fake code, who will you contact to get your money make? no one because your actions where not allowed., so your screwed.

It worked out for me with the Mustang Omega. I made the deal with the seller, received the promo code, used it to acquire the Omega, then transferred the payment via PayPal. The seller trusted me to make payment. That's the only way I'd do it. Also, since it was a promo code, not a ship that was gifted, the seller can't reneg after the sale by contacting CIG customer service and claiming their account was hacked. The seller never owned the Raven, just the promo code, so they couldn't get it back from CIG.

Although, if you create a PayPal invoice for the transaction that should hold up with PayPal's service agreement. If the seller doesn't deliver what's on the invoice then PayPal should refund it (after an investigation, of course).

But it's true that you couldn't complain to CIG about it because you're not supposed to buy or sell the Raven promo codes.

1 hour ago, VoA said:

It shouldn't - it is smart marketing and remember every ship can be earned in game.....

+++ they are even adding clever in-game advertising about it (and it only "HELPS" the game by creating more Hype and Pledge $)

See, that is what I'm worried about.
Are we sure the Sabre Raven will be available for purchase in-game? If it will be, it's not really an exclusive, is it?

6 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

See, that is what I'm worried about.
Are we sure the Sabre Raven will be available for purchase in-game? If it will be, it's not really an exclusive, is it?

They've never said that the Omega would be available in game.  In fact they said whatever you do don't melt them because they really are limited.

52 minutes ago, Brightmist said:

They said every ship will be purchasable in-game so it's implied.

In any case, I'd rather buy a code from an Optane owner instead of buying an overpriced SSD to get a ship tbh.

right, it's implied but they could very well keep ships like the Raven and the Omega exclusive. I have to say, from purely a marketing perspective, it's a good one. I already happen to be in the market for a new SSD since my current one is getting quite full with a variety of graphic applications and games.. and this might just get me to buy an inter optane.

That said, they are really overpriced compared to other similar SSDs on the market.

edit: boy, the information keeps flooding in. So the Sabre Raven is, to go from what just has been said on the stream.. The fastest dogfighter (yet. beating the original Sabre), and not only is it a stealth interdiction ship, it's also a datarunner (going off the ship matrix, it has an extra computercore). So it can cripple you, shoot you, steal your data.. or run away. Or all of that combined. And all that only if you buy a intel SSD.

The Sabre Raven will be purchase-able in-game, because CIG promised that every ship can be acquired in-game. However, that doesn't mean the Raven will be easy to obtain. There will probably be very few of them available and players will have to jump through a lot of hoops to find one.

Furthermore, CIG might not add the "quest line" for the Sabre Raven until Star Citizen's official launch. (They'd have to by then to fulfill their promise.) If that's the case, for the next few years, the only Ravens that will be in the PU will be those acquired from Optane promo codes.

The frustrating thing is that there will probably be thousands of Sabre Raven promo codes just tossed in the garbage by gaming enthusiasts who bought an Optane SSD but didn't know or care about Star Citizen. What a waste! :angry:

It seems everything these days gets push back from an increasingly demanding community. Weather its; 2mths, 6mths, or lti its a promotional freebee so who can really take any complaints seriously about that aspect.
The only real issue I see is that its a cool ship thats exclusive to this promotion. If they (CIG) issued the caveat that it would be obtainable in game and possibly on sale in 2018, people could relax somewhat knowing they wouldn't have to be forced into either purchasing a very expensive piece of hardware or dealing with grey marketers to get one.

Ugh...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

The Omega only came with 6 months.
Omega 2mths... I have 7 in my acct

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks when CIG deliberates between LTI or 2 months insurance.  I didn’t know it also came with as a game package.

According to pcgamer, “As for the Sabre Raven, RSI said that the exclusive codes with Optane drives include a lifetime insurance policy, so if in the future your SabreRaven gets hijacked and stolen, you won't need to worry.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-sabre-raven-exclusively-available-with-intels-new-optane-900p-ssds/

DE66ECCF-3357-46CA-B0C4-965DB728F508.jpeg

Would be nice if CIG decided to add LTI retroactively instead of the measly 2 months. But then they'd probably need to add it to the Mustang Omega promo pack too so the AMD promo buyers won't feel left out. :P

I am curious though. What's with the different versions (280GB PCIe card version and 280GB U.2 variant)? Any difference in performance or is it just user preference?

So.. since I am in the market for a new SSD.. I'm looking at my current setup.. I can't even use the new optane SSDs. My MOBO doesn't support it.
So even if these optane drives are overpriced, I can afford one.. but I can't even use it.  If I want a Raven (which I do), I need to spend 500 bucks on something i can't use or somehow buy it from someone online and hope they don't F me over.

great.
sorry for the salty post but this is seriously the first time CIG pissed me off.

7 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

So.. since I am in the market for a new SSD.. I'm looking at my current setup.. I can't even use the new optane SSDs. My MOBO doesn't support it.
So even if these optane drives are overpriced, I can afford one.. but I can't even use it.  If I want a Raven (which I do), I need to spend 500 bucks on something i can't use or somehow buy it from someone online and hope they don't F me over.

great.
sorry for the salty post but this is seriously the first time CIG pissed me off.

To be fair, you can't really blame CIG for wanting to use next gen technology for a game that will be "next gen". I even expect PCIE 5 and DDR6 to be out by the time the official launch happens

21 minutes ago, Donut said:

To be fair, you can't really blame CIG for wanting to use next gen technology for a game that will be "next gen". I even expect PCIE 5 and DDR6 to be out by the time the official launch happens

That's true. Im not really mad at the tech, I do want things to move forward. I'm just pissed about this whole sabre raven exclusivity.

1 hour ago, Fizzlefuse said:

great.

All motherboards support Optane SSDs pretty much, they are just normal PCI-E SSDs.

Optane memory modules are only supported by latest Intel mobos tho.

2 minutes ago, Brightmist said:

All motherboards support Optane SSDs pretty much, they are just normal PCI-E SSDs.

Optane memory modules are only supported by latest Intel mobos tho.

Ah then I misunderstould something about my mobo. i guess that's good news. Still not to hapy about all of this.

20 minutes ago, pyro nl said:

can always get1 ingame

its a beatiful ship

Yeah it's a beautiful ship. Has it been confirmed you can get one in game? You know, without stealing it or finding a wrecked one?

16 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Ah then I misunderstould something about my mobo. i guess that's good news. Still not to hapy about all of this.

Yeah it's a beautiful ship. Has it been confirmed you can get one in game? You know, without stealing it or finding a wrecked one?

has not been confirmed, but i asume ya can get1 as yust with all other ships, even if its not sold in a npc store there will always be ppl selling it, but then it will cost alot