Around the Verse - Javelin: The UEE's Destroyer

ark_bird

Also The Hull C and various player weapons.

spoiler: you won't see a fully naked male stripper until the next time. Spoiler tag is there

, but what you posted is not so sure that it is spoiler tag :D

It She said it clearly at the start that it doesn't BECAUSE this weeks newsletter/EOM WILL have a road map for 3.0, an ETA. Estimated Time of Arrival.

Love the Javelin, man that shot is beautiful. I might not own one but sign me up as a crew mate:D
Was a bit dissapointed in not seeing the Reclaimer:
The Hull C looks freeking amazing, i love the MISC aesthetic, can't wait till my Hull B rolls out.

The production scedule is rolling out tomorrow so get ready to hype! :D

Actually, it has packed full of info about 3.0 @ark_bird!

It is just very subtle. During the UK update, everything that he is mentioning, is pretty "complete" is related to 3.0 and what it needs to come out to us.

Item Port 2.0, The "truck stop station", animations, and everything else. Can't wait for the update schedule.

9 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Also The Hull C and various player weapons.

spoiler: you won't see a fully naked male stripper until the next time. Spoiler tag is there

, but what you posted is not so sure that it is spoiler tag :D

It She said it clearly at the start that it doesn't BECAUSE this weeks newsletter/EOM WILL have a road map for 3.0, an ETA. Estimated Time of Arrival.

Updated! Listening is hard, anyone who didn't stay up all night will note her saying that. 

1 hour ago, Trophias said:

Actually, it has packed full of info about 3.0 @ark_bird!

It is just very subtle. During the UK update, everything that he is mentioning, is pretty "complete" is related to 3.0 and what it needs to come out to us.

Item Port 2.0, The "truck stop station", animations, and everything else. Can't wait for the update schedule.

My wording was very poor i meant info on 3.0's ETA which is coming later today. Visual content on 3.0 was great, updated OP! 

4 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

both are dwarfed bengal or even driller

Its hard enough navigating and operating a Starfarer.... The Bengal is going to be a logistical nightmare to keep it fully stocked, maintained, manned and protected at all times, in addition to having it ready to move out and intervene in a moments notice.  And here I thought the Idris would be the upper limit xD

PS: My favorite shot was the Idris and Javelin side to side... it really makes you appreciate the scale of these ships, can't wait to see the Polaris and Bengal next to them in a future AtV:

20 minutes ago, Mazive said:

Way too big for me to want to be a part of it, other than to just visit once and a while.

Me too... while I'd love to do maintenance tasks (if I become good at that ingame), I'd at least visit once to see if this could be re-enacted on a large in-game ship by the crew.  I wonder how the emergency sirens would sound like on the capital ships?

I think the Starfarer didn't have nearly as much thought put into its design compared to the Idris and Javelin. I remember many episodes of AtV or similar where the designers talked about good level design and floorplans for those ships.

Based on this I'm expecting these two ships to not be all that bad for their size.

5 minutes ago, Boildown said:

I think the Starfarer didn't have nearly as much thought put into its design compared to the Idris and Javelin. I remember many episodes of AtV or similar where the designers talked about good level design and floorplans for those ships.

Based on this I'm expecting these two ships to not be all that bad for their size.

I believe that the Starfarer was designed around being an FPS shooter platform. Choke points, Cross Fire High Grounds, etc. etc.... I don't care for it at all.

6 hours ago, Mazive said:

I believe that the Starfarer was designed around being an FPS shooter platform. Choke points, Cross Fire High Grounds, etc. etc.... I don't care for it at all.

While ships should be designed to be held, it should not trump usefulness, especially on a civilian ship like the starfarer. 

I love the look of the javelin (even if I think it should get its turrets back and get the turret on a tower pulled off, no seriously, what numbskull thought of that, its just stupid). It looks meaner, significantly more powerful than the idris. It just feels like it should be feared and can rip apart anything its wants. I really like that CIG is making the Idris fairly common (as seen in the Idris at the "truck stop") like a LCS or a Coast Guard cutter. I hope that while the Idris might be fairly common, the Javelin should be nearly impossible to try and acquire (kind of like a regular person trying to buy a US destroyer here on Earth. Maybe some billionaires, and only then from second/third hand sources. 

Several teams worked on its internals separately.

Also, there won't be any Caps until after 3.2 at the earliest. However, that may be kept a secret for the next event? 

Guys stop thinking that the Javelin is the biggest ownable ship, there is another class up Cruiser, this is even bigger and stronger that was can own. Bengal or Pegasus can't be owned any anyone. However, its size  alone will probably make it an in game only sale either that or at least 4500-5000, which would be steep.

Idris: 2000 at any one time... and pig may fly... assuming they can't. I'd say it is the reason that only one system and CIG won't and making sure everything is working with 3.0 and safely with the true PU server.

2 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Several teams worked on its internals separately.

Also, there won't be any Caps until after 3.2 at the earliest. However, that may be kept a secret for the next event? 

Guys stop thinking that the Javelin is the biggest ownable ship, there is another class up Cruiser, this is even bigger and stronger that was can own. Bengal or Pegasus can't be owned any anyone. However, its size  alone will probably make it an in game only sale either that or at least 4500-5000, which would be steep.

Idris: 2000 at any one time... and pig may fly... assuming they can't. I'd say it is the reason that only one system and CIG won't and making sure everything is working with 3.0 and safely with the true PU server.

When did they say we could own a cruiser? I thought that they would be persistent and uninsured. 

Damit, you are right, I had misunderstood it. 

$4,500,000

Star Citizen will feature an additional playable ship class, the cruiser.

playable, not ownable >_<. I have mentioned it several times as ownable and no-one corrected me nicely :(.

I kinda really want more (bigger) guns now!

Anyway, I'd say they should make CR ownable :D so we can all fly them solo heh.