Banu Defender

VoA

So VOA, how is the Defender doing in pirate swarm?

Better than a Gladius?

A Kartu-Al? 

a Glaive?

And could you take some new interior shots?   :D                                         Art Design GIF by Jodeus

On 10/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, Booster Terrik said:

Given how they talk about the two you might be right on the money. Either they dock or perhaps they can be slaved to the BMM through AI.

I just looked at this post AGAIN, and I thought damn, he's MORE than right!

Should be as many defenders on a BMM as there were fighters rolling off the Necromonger mothership!

INVASION!

14 minutes ago, Pharesm said:

So VOA, how is the Defender doing in pirate swarm?                                      

Haven't run them in the PTU yet (images are from other Evocati).   My guess is that the defender doesn't have its true potential realized yet (with its strong defensive options like in the concept sale)

9 minutes ago, Athenos said:

Wasn't the shield on the defender supposed to be a "active" shield operated by the co-pilot? So as single player ship its true potential will never be realized.

I think so...... the Banu ships are actually more co-dependent on each pilot and each other ship (so likely yes - you'll need both pilots for its true potential) - likewise its sybmotic relationship with the Banu Merchantman isn't know yet.

More cool images below...

Awesome!  

So this leads me to assume, that you can get two motorcycles into it as well!

Good times for the Defender crew, should they touch down on a planet

...or a large enough ship to drive a motorbike on, or in...

All three pretty cool shots!

And I think you are the biggest fan of all the alien ships in Star Citizen!

Did you get that Tevarian drop ship?  I'm pretty sure you did  :D

I used to have a Karthu-Al, but with all of CIG's shenanigans, I melted the sucker.

The only Alien ship I still have is the Glaive, and I'm not too happy with the current state of it either, but then I haven't downloaded 3.7 yet, cause I'm away from my home and my unlimited internet connection...

18 hours ago, Pharesm said:

All three pretty cool shots!

And I think you are the biggest fan of all the alien ships in Star Citizen!

Did you get that Tevarian drop ship?  I'm pretty sure you did  :D

I used to have a Karthu-Al, but with all of CIG's shenanigans, I melted the sucker.

The only Alien ship I still have is the Glaive, and I'm not too happy with the current state of it either, but then I haven't downloaded 3.7 yet, cause I'm away from my home and my unlimited internet connection...

Didn't get the Tevarin drop ship but still retain my Khartu-al (and have the Santok yi (sic)) - since it is still one of my favorite ships in the game.

Here is another cool shot from Reddit...

Post image

Come dance with me under the sea.

and this one...

Post image

On 10/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, Pharesm said:

I just looked at this post AGAIN, and I thought damn, he's MORE than right!

Should be as many defenders on a BMM as there were fighters rolling off the Necromonger mothership!

I'm not sure it will be that only because the Defenders have beds which weakens the parasite ship theory as well as the remote control theory.  It is designed to be long term fighter support (notice I did not say long distance).  My money is still on some kind of contact-less connection.  Sensor linking, regenerating hull when in range, fuel replenishing, or shield boosting Like beaming energy to the Defender so when its in range it's shields recover faster/stronger (A.K.A. AoE defense boost from the BMM).    The Banu seem to favor shields over armor so the last one is my top theory.

JQ9FdYN.jpg

I would still like to see some kind of drone mothership where remote controlled fighter drones are controlled from Within the safe confines of a large drone carrier. Given the ever expanding use of drones nowadays I think it is a safe bet that a lot of warfare in the future will be drone based. You would only lose relatively cheap hardware in case of a dogfight loss without losing the irreplaceable pilot/drone operator which takes years to train. Even AI controlled drones make more sense than manned fighters: they can pull many more G‘s and you can build much smaller ships because you don‘t need to house the fragile human. Esp. in space where speeds can become ridiculous and no human can hit anything without a supercomputer doing the targeting and trigger pulling for the human anyway AI control makes much more sense.