2.6.2 is Live!

Tom Villder

10 hours ago, SlickReed said:

I heard rumors of a possible 2.7 update with a moon or two to explore, anyone else know of this?

I think that was part of the original plan, but I think they have now deviated to not have any more 2.X releases and go straight for 3.0.  Ambitious, but definitely desired! :)

On 4/4/2017 at 2:33 AM, Tom Villder said:

To explore from space? Or land on them?

To land on.

22 hours ago, Rocket Man said:

I think that was part of the original plan, but I think they have now deviated to not have any more 2.X releases and go straight for 3.0.  Ambitious, but definitely desired! :)

Would definitely be awesome but not sure how far off 3.0 is, I was thinking end of year, if so that's a long drought time with no new content.

40 minutes ago, SlickReed said:

To land on.

That's strange... to put planetside in a 2.7 patch.  Wasn't planetside the thing that set 3.0 from the 2.x patches? If so, then (if true) why would they call it 2.7 and not 3.0?

Maybe they're adding the planetside content before fully implementing netcode? Idk

16 minutes ago, Tom Villder said:

That's strange... to put planetside in a 2.7 patch.  Wasn't planetside the thing that set 3.0 from the 2.x patches? If so, then (if true) why would they call it 2.7 and not 3.0?

Maybe they're adding the planetside content before fully implementing netcode? Idk

Agreed, it's something I heard Bored  Gamer say in one of his videos and his podcast, could be way off the mark. The more CR promises for 3.0 like mining the more I worry. Right now 3.0 is shaping to be the REAL release of the game I backed years ago, I just don't want another CR over ambious promise.

3 minutes ago, SlickReed said:

Agreed, it's something I heard Bored  Gamer say in one of his videos and his podcast, could be way off the mark. The more CR promises for 3.0 like mining the more I worry. Right now 3.0 is shaping to be the REAL release of the game I backed years ago, I just don't want another CR over ambious promise.

CiG saying mining is planned for 3.0 doesn't necessarily mean 3.0 is now getting delayed if the basic mechanics of mining is ready to be included in 3.0 anyway. 

We know the Prospector is now ready and will be included in 3.0. Why keep it scheduled for 3.1 if it can go in 3.0 already?

People are too easily worried about SC. This is Chris Roberts we're talking about.

3.0 is shaping up to be like a (dare I say it?) BETA release.  It appears to have a lot going into it and to those of us that have been patiently, or impatiently, waiting for this game find it to be rather ambitious.  The main reason behind that is that we have not really had a release of this game with a tremendous amount of content yet.  Sure 2.0 was big when it came out, but when considering, it is rather small to 3.0.  The mining mechanic seems to have been flushed down through pipeline faster than they anticipated, so they are adding it to the release.  I say better sooner to start breaking down the system's flaws for a better release later.  I for one, welcome CIG moving items up the timeline as they come online. 

With all this being said, if anyone watching the AtV's lately should have noticed how much they are reporting on from each studio.  It is quite obvious that many, MANY things are happening simultaneously at all studios. The information overload is daunting.  This game is moving along well, and we knew the content will start to flow once the core systems were established.  Now is the time we start to see the "fruits of their labor."