Switch

Some bug fixes and patch updates in the new production schedule.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

2.6.2 Overview

Spoiler

The following lists and charts show our progress towards releasing 2.6.2, with all remaining major tasks listed.

Tasks are either feature complete, or have an ETA for completion.

Some tasks may require further QA, bug-fixing and iteration.

Tasks that delay beyond our target dates might cause the release of 2.6.2 to be delayed, or might be excluded from 2.6.2 if appropriate to maintain the release date target.

2.6.2 work is separated into Subsections: Star Marine, Network, UI, and Gamecode

2.6.2 is intended to be a further bugfixing/polish patch with the main aim of improving the player experience, and building upon the foundations for features we introduced in 2.6.0, and built upon in 2.6.1. What we have represented in the schedule below are the smaller improvements to improve the player experience, such as the hopeful inclusion of the Multiplayer Mega Map, support for non 16:9 screen resolutions, fixes for the Arena Commander and Star Marine lobbies, along with general bugfixing from other teams.

As you may notice from this schedule, the aimed date to launch the patch to the Evocati group has been pushed back slightly. This is due to the extra time the Multiplayer Mega Map has required for bug fixing. We want to ensure that this feature gets maximum testing time with the players, which means that our goal for this is to have it available for the first push to Evocati.

3.0 The Stanton System

Spoiler

BASIC PROFESSION FUNCTIONS

• Trading – Be able to buy/sell commodities via kiosks and NPCs among the various landing zones.
  • Cargo Transport – Pick up hauling jobs between landing zones. Automatic cargo load/unload, manual cargo transport.
  • Piracy and Smuggling – Establish secure/non-secure areas. AI Security response to attacks. Add the ability to retrieve floating cargo from destroyed ships. Create buy/sell system for illicit cargo.
  • Mercenary – Create Service Beacon System (for Combat Assist Contracts). Create AI distress scenarios.
  • Bounty Hunter – Accept missions to terminate wanted players and NPCs.

NEW SHIPS

• RSI Ursa Rover – This rugged all-terrain vehicle is perfect for exploring vast planets.
  • Drake Dragonfly – This fast open-cockpit ship has been seen flying both in atmosphere and in space.
  • Drake Caterpillar – This large, modular cargo ship has a mixed reputation, to some it’s a spacious affordable hauler, to others, it’s up to no good.
  • RSI Constellation Aquila – The exploration variant of the classic RSI Constellation.

STANTON SYSTEM ROLL-OUT

Travel around the various planets and stations within the Stanton System. Although technically a UEE system, all of these planets were sold to MegaCorps to help fund the government.

• Debut of Planetary Tech
  • Expanding the Stanton System
    • ArcCorp
    • Hurston
    • Microtech
    • Crusader
    • Delamar
    • New Space Stations, moons and Asteroid belts

•  

2 hours ago, Switch said:

NEW SHIPS

• RSI Ursa Rover – This rugged all-terrain vehicle is perfect for exploring vast planets.
  • Drake Dragonfly – This fast open-cockpit ship has been seen flying both in atmosphere and in space.
  • Drake Caterpillar – This large, modular cargo ship has a mixed reputation, to some it’s a spacious affordable hauler, to others, it’s up to no good.
  • RSI Constellation Aquila – The exploration variant of the classic RSI Constellation.
    •  

They mention the drake caterpillar for 3.0 as a new ship... that ship is already out? or am i missing something

6 minutes ago, xKiLlFrEnZyx said:

They mention the drake caterpillar for 3.0 as a new ship... that ship is already out? or am i missing something

Nope this is the same patch updates from before, cat is already out. Just my favorite part of it that we're looking forward to. :)

Even though I plan to be mostly military focused, I do plan to make a ton of UEC to fund the military power.  So, the trading and cargo hauling mechanics have me intrigued to see how they implement the systems and hopefully the GUIs are intuitive.  In a way, I am hoping the final versions will have some levels of complexity rather than access a panel, buy/sell, go to ship that is now loaded, travel to destination, go to panel, buy/sell.  I would hope in some cases, as with high-value or luxurious goods, the trading involves a few more steps, like talking to people (NPCs) and bartering trade.  I am assuming they will do things like that, but the initial systems will be basic and maybe unsatisfying to an extent.