ME:A to feature 100 planets

Gremlich

2 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

I don't think they capped it. All the videos I've seen they only discuss how high you can push things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

But there is the gimmick... they were saying "oh look how nice it looks on PS4 pro on 4k". That doesn't apply on the refresh rate.... not even a single word about refresh rates :(

http://www.game-debate.com/news/22451/mass-effect-andromeda-graphics-options-revealed-alongside-estimated-pc-performance

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4

extract:

BUT I HEARD THE PS4 PRO DOESN’T ACTUALLY RUN GAMES AT NATIVE 4K...

Well, this is technically true. Some games will run at a native 4K Ultra HD resolution – that’s 3,840 by 2,160 lines pixels by the way – but the most demanding games won’t.

Why? Because it’s very hard to render games smoothly at such a high resolution, even with the additional power of the PS4 Pro. A gaming PC that can run games at 4K would cost several times more than the PS4 Pro, after all.

Instead, many games will run at a resolution close to 4K – often but not always 3,200 by 1,800 lines – and then be upscaled to 4K. Sony has employed a clever technique that improves this process, so much so that’s it’s very hard to tell the difference between its upscaled visuals and native 4K ones. There is a difference, but it’s hard to spot.

And this practice is nothing new. Many games already run below 1080p on existing consoles and are upscaled to it. And while the Xbox One S can upscale 1080p games up to 4K, there’s no serious comparison between the two consoles.

The closer to 4K you get the better the upscaling will appear, so the Xbox One S can’t match a PS4 Pro running the same game.

On ‎10‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 11:17 AM, Fintz said:

What reaaly worries me is that the max specs came out for 1080p at 30FPS... haven't seen any comment regardign 60fps.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/are-you-ready-for-mass-effect-andromeda/?sf53085265=1#pc

looks like your worries can be put aside: ME-A will allow higher framerates than 30 fps on PC. You can see some Nvidia benchmarks here :

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/mass-effect-andromeda?ClickID=bnmv1fvkglsddmegl6fkvzyz1y1vyzzyegyg

14 hours ago, Fintz said:

Really hate this kind of marketing tactics.

Also it is my imagination or there is too much comic relief in the dalogues that they have shown till now?

Maybe that depends on which choice you make in the conversation options. It looks like you can choose between juvinile and grown up choices for each conversation ;) from what I hear conversation choices have much less impact on your game than in ME3 :(

42 minutes ago, Booster Terrik said:

Maybe that depends on which choice you make in the conversation options. It looks like you can choose between juvinile and grown up choices for each conversation ;) from what I hear conversation choices have much less impact on your game than in ME3 :(

That's actually a good thing, because all the games previously punished you for acting out rightfully while in ME:A you have the freedom to let your actions decide your "aura" 

1 hour ago, Caldon said:

Holy shit. That was physically painful to watch. I think I need a new kidney after this.

This is why CIG's no-publisher road is so much better for us. ME: A, NMS, E: D, COD:IW are all prime examples of publisher greed and anxiety causing games to be shoved out before they are ready