Ghost In The Shell (2017) - Movie

VoA

Just posted a new Alien Covenent trailer but also Ghost In The Shell just came out with two new trailers today.   I am looking forward to it but perhaps not as much as Alien Covenant or Blade Runner 2...... but I did enjoy Lucy (however still not the caliber of the other two movies nor that of my favorite movie = Ex Machina).

What do you guys think - are you looking forward to Ghost In The Shell?

+++

Here is the original trailer

Can't wait, the anime was so epic, the characters are so powerfull ... they just can't mess it up, even if the producer is a disabled, the result should be amazing : they re-use 2-3 epic scenes from the anime (the geishas taking hostage is the opening sequence of the 1st anime season, and the fight in the channel with the major cloacked is also from the anime)

The whole plot (quest for identity) is very similar to the plot of the second season of the anime

At least it will have enough fan service sequences to get happy ^^

Because the Major was ostensibly an android, she didn't have to be Japanese or other Asian race for that matter. The Asians like things that are western, so using SJ - a pretty good actor, as the Major really was a no brainer. Besides, few Asian actresses have the physique needed to be an android. Ming na Wen? Nope, too old for the role, just like Michelle Yeoh though they could definitely act tough. Lucy Liu? Don't make me laugh - she can't act. Fumi Nikaido? Okay, maybe...

maybe Kou Shibasaki (Battle Royale:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Black-Dahlia said:

How are people liking this? I still haven't went and seen it. I did just watch the original again so hopefully I didn't set my self up for disappointment lol

It was decent - but if you are a fan of the original you'll likely be a bit disappointed....

There are so many awesome movies this year that I think this one will be placed towards the Bottom of this list (this is my personal list for 2017 for what I am most looking forward to):

See links