Salohcin

Can I run this game at all?

I have a GTX 1070 with an i5, plays at lowest settings and gets TERRIBLE framrate and freezes, the physics even glitch out sometimes, its unbearable.

This was from the free weekend as I wanted to try the game out...now its pretty much too late to see if i actually really like it or not.

Edited by Backoffson

2 hours ago, Backoffson said:

I have a GTX 1070 with an i5, plays at lowest settings and gets TERRIBLE framrate and freezes, the physics even glitch out sometimes, its unbearable.

This was from the free weekend as I wanted to try the game out...now its pretty much too late to see if i actually really like it or not.

This is normal. 3.0 and 3.1 have ran terribly so far because of the lack of blind culling and other optimizations. It essentially means that if two starfarers decide to crash into each other 3.000.000 km away, your PC will have to render and process it despite the fact that you can't concievably see it.

3.2 will probably feature much improved performance if you can wait until then. If anyone wants Star Citizen to run well, it's CIG.

11 hours ago, Caldon said:

This is normal. 3.0 and 3.1 have ran terribly so far because of the lack of blind culling and other optimizations. It essentially means that if two starfarers decide to crash into each other 3.000.000 km away, your PC will have to render and process it despite the fact that you can't concievably see it.

3.2 will probably feature much improved performance if you can wait until then. If anyone wants Star Citizen to run well, it's CIG.

Thanks, I was worried that this game had SOMEHOW had wayyyy to good graphics for me to run it well. This game looks SOO cool!