Ostia

EAJt2Mc.png

Happy New Years @Imperium Members!

Hope all of you had an excellent holiday season, a fantastic end of the year (#FUCK2016), and wonderful morning that didn’t leave you too hungover! We’re back it again with another Game Day announcement, and per the usual, here’s a look at the times we had in December!

Credit to our lovely editor @Switch:

Even though the 2.5 servers ended up dying on Game Day, we still wanted to thank our Unit Volunteers, Alaris and Star Hawks, as well as all the other individual volunteers that offered their time in the days leading up the the 17th. Thank you all so much! And for any Unit Admins reading this, if you’re interested in helping out in future Game Days, be sure to contact @Fintz for a list of requirements. Now, with those last recorded memories of 2016 behind us, let’s welcome the new year with an incredible new Game Day!

On the 28th of January, between 16:00 - 04:00 UTC, we will be hosting our 4th Game Day! This time we’ll be offering:

• Custom Events inside the 2.6 Persistent Universe
    • Every hour several participants will be ran through a story driven mini-campaign run entirely by our Event Coordinators and OPFOR volunteers
  • A casual Star Marine Tournament featuring both Team Based and Individual objectives
    • Using a point-accumulation system that rewards activity throughout the day as well as victories against other teams, we’ll be able to host this quasi-tournament within the 12 hours of Game Day itself, without needing to spread across multiple days/weeks a standard bracket would require
    • Game modes will be 4v4 Last Stand and 8 man FFA deathmatch
    • Teams that are present on Game Day will be able to challenge one another, with the winner earning Victory Points: the team with the most points at the end of the day will be pronounced tournament victor

If you want more details on the tournament itself, then please click on the forum thread link below, and feel free to ask any questions within this:

After you’ve read through that thread, and would like to pre-sign your team up, then please fill out this google form: https://goo.gl/forms/QM8INAm21KRfbwCE2

And for the standard Game-Day announcement fare:

Joining Game Night
For those of you that want to make a return visit, or show up for the first time, you only need to enter the Landing Channel on TeamSpeak (ts.starcitizenbase.com) , and one of our Hosts will direct you to the action!

If you want to make your own action, then all we ask is you use the following format when making your channels:

Teamspeak Channel Arrangements will involve creation of temporary channels as parties are formed having the type of party (public or private) followed by how many members is the party consist of and along with notes looking something like this example of channel name:

Public [6 Max] Twitch.tv/Imperium
Public [LFM]
Private [4 Max] See Description

If you decide to take part in on the fun, please consider recording any events you take part in, as we will be turning all footage we get into some excellent content, as you saw above!

Raffles and Prizes

As every other Game Day, we’ll be offering raffle prizes based on individual participation levels! Raffles will be based on individual activities during Game Day, so here is the list of raffles you can enter:

• Participation Raffle - by checking in with an host in the Landing Channel, you can be entered
  • Vanduul Swarm Raffle - by attempting a Vanduul Swarm wave 18 run with at least 4 Imperium members, completing it, and providing a screenshot, you will be entered
  • Pirate Swarm Raffle - by attempting a Pirate Swarm wave 18 run with at least 4 Imperium members, completing it, and providing a screenshot, you will be entered
  • Custom Events Raffle - by taking part in a Custom Event run, you will be entered into this final raffle

There will also be prizes available to the victors of the 4v4 and FFA Elimination game modes in Star Marine

All the raffle prizes will be $10 RSI gift cards, and each winner of the tournament will receive Star Marine related hangar flair, and gloating rights over their fellow members! (Additional prizes may be provided, and will be announced at the start of Game Day)

Newbie Info
If you’re brand new to Star Citizen, we recommend checking this link out:

Thanks for reading through this, and we hope that we can usher in the new year with our most successful Game Day yet!

Me too!

Just wondering, I'm not part of any Imperium unit so far, my understanding is: we just connect to Imperium TS on Landing Channel and from there we will be directed the action? No need to enlist somewhere before the event start?

Fly Safe!

4 minutes ago, Jezal Sekil said:

Me too!

Just wondering, I'm not part of any Imperium unit so far, my understanding is: we just connect to Imperium TS on Landing Channel and from there we will be directed the action? No need to enlist somewhere before the event start?

Fly Safe!

As long as there are others that are in the same situation, and want to form a team with you on TS, then yes!

4 hours ago, Rellim said:

4v4 last stand, is that intentionally done with such small teams? The map's for last stand are designed for teams of between 8-12 players. It could be done with 6 per team minimum, I suppose. but 8 would be closer to ideal I think. 4 seems too small.

If filling up the map was our only objective, then sure, we would have done just that. But with smaller teams, players will need to be more careful with how they decide what strategies to use, as opposed to the standard zerg-fest that is online multiplayer. What we've written out will most definitely allow for smarter gameplay, and the maps are more than able to accommodate teams of this size.

3 hours ago, Sir_Belial said:

If filling up the map was our only objective, then sure, we would have done just that. But with smaller teams, players will need to be more careful with how they decide what strategies to use, as opposed to the standard zerg-fest that is online multiplayer. What we've written out will most definitely allow for smarter gameplay, and the maps are more than able to accommodate teams of this size.

How about 5vs5 like Capture The Flag mode in old Quake3 arena ? 5 players and 4 spot to hack / defend would surely add some interresting strategy :)

Yes I was à big fan of Q3 Ctf :)

Fly Safe!

1 hour ago, Jezal Sekil said:

How about 5vs5 like Capture The Flag mode in old Quake3 arena ? 5 players and 4 spot to hack / defend would surely add some interresting strategy :)

Yes I was à big fan of Q3 Ctf :)

Fly Safe!

Bumping up the teams to 5 people is something we've talked about heavily, and is something we'd like to do in the future. Our decision to roll with 4 person teams is based on previous Game Day turnouts, and to allow for more accessibility. Showing up and grouping up with three other people is always going to be easier than trying to find a fifth teammate: however, if we have a much bigger turnout this month than previous ones, we'll definitely transition to a 5v5 setup, though anything past that would be pushing it, and require some game testing to see if it would be viable.