BLADE RUNNER 2049 Official Teaser Trailer (2017) Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford Sci-Fi Movie HD

VoA

You can Google the various articles about it (as you should) - but Ridley Scott is coming back with a Vengeance...... with Alien Convenant and now the sequel to Blade Runner (with apparently another Blade Runner Planned after this one).   Of course....... Harrison Ford is in it as well :)

Looks Awesome!!!

Very cool, ive always been a big fan of bladerunner and its dystopian future. Ford and Scott individually do excellent work but when they are together on a project, its like... "wonder twins activate!!!"
I like gosling but he's a little too pretty, i would have cast Tom Hardy.
The only thing i disagree with Scott on, regarding this film is his later comments that Deckard was infact a replicate himself which just doesnt match the way the story plays out.

AstroJak

2 hours ago, AstroJak said:

The only thing i disagree with Scott on, regarding this film is his later comments that Deckard was infact a replicate himself which just doesnt match the way the story plays out.

That was always the point of the film and why removing the unicron dream sequence along with the voice over ruined the initial cinema release version, by dumbing it down (for US audiences, who 'wouldn't get it'). How else would Gaff know to leave an origami unicorn outside Deckard's apartment as a warning and a wake up call. Until this point Deckard doesn't know he's a replicant, in the same way Rachael didn't. "They're not your memories, they're Tyrell's niece's".

Yes, I'm a Blade Runner nut and had read Philip K Dick's 'Do androids dream of electric sheep' before the film was released.

And here's a bit of Vangelis for you all:

And for bonus points, look for the neon street signs in the film for companies that don't exist anymore, such as Atari.

That was always the point of the film and why removing the unicron dream sequence along with the voice over ruined the initial cinema release version, by dumbing it down (for US audiences, who 'wouldn't get it'). How else would Gaff know to leave an origami unicorn outside Deckard's apartment as a warning and a wake up call. Until this point Deckard doesn't know he's a replicant, in the same way Rachael didn't. "They're not your memories, they're Tyrell's niece's".

Yes, I'm a Blade Runner nut and had read Philip K Dick's 'Do androids dream of electric sheep' before the film was released.

And here's a bit of Vangelis for you all:

And for bonus points, look for the neon street signs in the film for companies that don't exist anymore, such as Atari.

Yeah but no...i disagree with it all. Ive see many of these claims ever since the 2007 directors cut was released and even Ford was reluctant to agree with scotts interpretation of Dicks novel. Ford only relenting for the sake of a pay day as a result of the release of said directors cut.

dicks novel is purposefully ambiguous regarding deckard's true nature and he never comes out and actualy says deckard was a synthetic.

As for Gaff and his unicorn i think people read way too much into it. Deckard had fallen for rachel and wanted to ensure her safety as well as getting away from his own miserable life. Gaff was simply telling him its a dream and shes going to die soon but live your life with her for as long as it lasts, u have earned it... Besides who in their right mind would give a robot a gun and badge and tell him to hunt his own kind in the hopes he wont ever realize what he truely was? In short Gaff wasnt saying that deckard wasnt real but rather deckards hopes and wishes for a happy future with rachel is the dream.

Ps - My daughter bought herself a shirt with a unicorn on it, does this mean shes a robot or is she telling me im a robot? Im so confused...

I met a unicorn once... I was watching the anniversary live stream in a coffee shop in downtown seattle, when this beautiful girl stopped and asked if what i was watching was starcitizen!!! I was lost for words but eventually said yes. She went on to tell me she loves the game so far and can't wait to play 3.0!!! OMG i found the unicorn but i'm pretty sure she wasnt a robot... Hold on... Am i the robot? I cant get this misuse of the term unicorn correct. Lolololol

[emoji12] AJ

AstroJak

15 hours ago, AstroJak said:

Yeah but no...i disagree with it all. Ive see many of these claims ever since the 2007 directors cut was released and even Ford was reluctant to agree with scotts interpretation of Dicks novel. Ford only relenting for the sake of a pay day as a result of the release of said directors cut.

My understanding is that the original version had the unicorn dream sequence and no voice, but it was changed after the film was given an audience test before release. The audience didn't get the film, so the backer (I think it was Warner Bros) insisted that it be changed to improve their return. The Director's Cut came about because a long while later a copy of Blade Runner was shown at an event, but they were sent the wrong version. They were sent the original pre-release audience test film, which made a lot of people ask for it to be released. Hence, the Director's Cut.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2017 at 5:48 AM, VoA said:

When Harrison Ford describes a movie like be this you know that it will be awesome....

*video snip*

Oh, Harrison. Please never stop showing up to interviews roasted.

What spoke most to me was that he seemed to pay attention to what was being said and had a conversation rather than drifting off to attend the Jefferson Airplane concert in his head.

Saw the film a few days ago and it was so much better than I expected. There were so many links back to the original that I was open-jawed the whole time, but the bit that did it for me was the way that certain scenes started with the first note of the original theme tune. This was really irritating, as it is actually 3 very distinctive notes and every time I heard it, I expected the next 2. Well, 1 1/2 hours into the film I got all 3 notes and the timing just blew me away...

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, Gremlich said:

OK, Atari was resurrected. But Pan Am is still dead.:-)

I saw the movie yesterday and its a masterpiece.

Has been years since I saw a movie that good. I would say its even better than the first one even though certainly less groundbreaking. But the weaknesses story wise the first one had this one didn't. Its definately one of the best sequels ever really true to the original in style while not being a soulless copy.

Sure theres peoples saying it was too long and too slow pacing but thats what good movies used to be and imho should be. For every movie with maybe a little too slow a pacing theres tens of movies these days where fast pacing ruins the whole build up and story.

I think the slow pacing was good for experiencing the visuals and audio and atmosphere and cinematography. I think it did not hurt the movie quality wise even though it probably did regarding box-office success.

And btw. you really should watch this on the big screen at home its probably only half as good.

While I did enjoy this flic, and agree it was awesome, some of the critical reviews did hit on a truth.

Mainly, if you did not KNOW the story of what is considered a niche film, then the whole plot was very vague and the movie was too long (drawn out was a popular theme). I don't think there is anyone alive who did not know the plot line of Blade Runner, but the point is valid.

I also felt that two of the three 'short stories' should have been shown with the main movie to give more weight to the characters, (even the cartoon one could have helped explain the plot thread). They possibly were, but became directors cut floor fodder, since the show was already too long.

Despite all that distraction, it was a stunning and really great show.

I hope someone convinces them to do sideline shows in the Blade Runner world. Rise of the replicants, where did Wallace come from, and so on... - DRUM out

21 hours ago, CyberianK said:

I saw the movie yesterday and its a masterpiece.

Has been years since I saw a movie that good. I would say its even better than the first one even though certainly less groundbreaking. But the weaknesses story wise the first one had this one didn't. Its definately one of the best sequels ever really true to the original in style while not being a soulless copy.

Sure theres peoples saying it was too long and too slow pacing but thats what good movies used to be and imho should be. For every movie with maybe a little too slow a pacing theres tens of movies these days where fast pacing ruins the whole build up and story.

I think the slow pacing was good for experiencing the visuals and audio and atmosphere and cinematography. I think it did not hurt the movie quality wise even though it probably did regarding box-office success.

And btw. you really should watch this on the big screen at home its probably only half as good.

Honestly curious... which weakness story wise of the first one you mean?

10 minutes ago, Barabit said:

Honestly curious... which weakness story wise of the first one you mean?

Deckard is not doing much proactively hes more like stumbling through the world. The movie is hugging along in the amazing scenery and atmosphere and acting by Rutger Hauer and Olmos and such. In the second one theres actual detective stuff happening more like what you would expect from a Blade Runners job.

That said "weakness" is probably too much I don't want to step on anyones toes I love the original too :)