MISC RAZOR

GRIZZ

MISC makes a bid for the next Murray Cup with the all-new Razor. This advanced racer features an advanced composite space frame that puts pure speed ahead of everything else… it’s the ship for pilots who want to leave the competition in the dust.

Introductory Sale price $135   ($120 WarBond Edition if you pay full cash now, or $135 if you use credits)

Regular Ship Sale Page

Introduction Page

Unlike MISC’s standard lines of commercial freighters, explorers and science vessels, the Razor was not constructed for the working pilot. Instead, it was designed with a singular purpose: place in the 2947 Murray Cup. Years of advanced aerospace design, consultation with Xi’An engineering partners and thousands of flight tests have produced a racing ship that burns faster for longer.

Misc-Razer-Pit-Crew-V4.jpg

Featuring cutting edge fuel collections systems, minimal cross-section, sleek aerodynamic lines and proprietary Xi’An influenced thruster design, the Razor provides unparalleled speed with MISC dependability and endurance.

Previous Star Citizen racing ships have been designed with a dual role in mind or as adaptations of existing ships (the Mustang Gamma and 350R). The Razor was intended to be a racer from the skids up. Like the M50 interceptor, the Razor’s natural abilities will make it effective for speed-related missions off the racetrack … but unlike the M50, that was a completely secondary concern.

MISC-Razer-Windtunnelsz-V3.jpg

Want to learn more about the MISC Razor? You can find an in-universe brochure with details about the ship’s debut and role in a racing team below. Even if you aren’t interested in picking up a speedy new spacecraft, it’s a great artifact directly from Star Citizen’s universe for backers to explore.

misc.JPG

Misc-Razer-Murray-Ringz-Paint-V5.jpg

MISC-Razer-Topshot.jpg

Misc-Razer-Cockpit-V2.jpg

Misc-Razer-Cockpit-Exteriorz.jpg

pirates.JPG

Now we have to see the balance between thrust and manoevrability :)
The racer lineup seems to have now a few contenders (350R, M50, Mustang Gamma, P52, 85x and now the Razor) this will surely add diversity and allow us to choose the ship that best fit our "drive style" :wub:

Looks too much like an M50 with the price tag being alot higher.
CIG's pricing of late has been iffy on some of the newer ship sales, this ship is around 50% more than the M50.

I see this comment a lot, but it's contrasted by another popular opinion of prioritizing realism over game mechanics/hand waving". I say contrast because most racing vehicles in a particular category (boats, cars, etc.) look INCREDIBLY similar. All things considered, this looks starkly different from the M50 (wings, fuselage contours) outside of being a small, single-seat racing ship. I expect we'll see probably two or three more in the same vein, honestly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pirates.JPG.ee5cf5d10fca3fe4560ab5fa79ae6713.JPG

How the hell can it shoot down and completely destroy a (reworked) Cutlass??

While it does look cool, I have to say, its design is too close to the M50, I imagined that it would resemble a smaller, streamlined version of the Scout... being MISC and all.

I took it more like the Razor rolled in quickly and shot up one Cutlass while the crew was doing something on the ground, and the second Cutlass is taking off to engage.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

The Scout (aka the Khartu al) is made by Aopoa, not MISC.

Good point.  I thought that it would've been a bit more unique to have a racer with some verticality in their design... oh well.  Maybe its a bit more maneuverable than the M50 with its Xian-like engines?

3 hours ago, danredda said:

Marketing 101 - showing it do something that people go "wow" to. Something MISC would definitely use to promote their unusual ship.

Hmm, this is the second time MISC specifically destroys Drake ships (Freelancer ad and now this), looks like they really have some beef with them :lol: