Origin 600 Thread

ChiefWarrant

I don't like the turret joint. They look flimsy. It's tiny. Also the "crew" quarters , there isn't even a curtain/screen. The look very sterile and there's a big open space in the center of them all. I know clean look is designed for origin, but it reminds me of the banu concept art.

I like the big open space for the vehicle lift and plenty of room in mess hall and you can go up 2.5 decks and you can  plenty of room.

Law  came up with the same conclusion that I did that the ship is really designed as a VIP ship as opposed to an Explorer ship but obviously you could still explore in style,,,,,, but exploration really requires more practicality ....the Carrack  is still my primary exploration ship alongside the Endeavor with the telescope module.

I'm really looking forward to the VIP module :)

Remember how the Hot Tub created so much controversy with the Phoenix..... now the 600i owners are jealous :lol:

StarCitizenKain@StarCitizenKain

600i needs a hot tub... just because.

Discussion
Yesterday at 10:04 pm
Normally this is just a little alcove with a round couch, but there's already a much bigger couch just steps away! After a little Photoshop work... Ta Da! my solution to the distinct lack of hot water to sit in. This is a much better use of the space anyway, and since I can't have a pool onboard I gotta have my hot tub. Even though I can't actually sit in it. Dammit! I want one! I'm sure its just an oversight CIG. Right?
tavern_upload_large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In this video I think it is just an architect "trying to be critical" like he knows better than everyone else (As an architect myself I have seen this many times from my peers).   Some points are valid but he takes things out of context (a fictional future) and applies "today's" design critique to it.   Again not all of his criticisms or even praise isn't valid and I wouldn't have posted it unless I thought it had some value - but just watch it through the lens of this comment ;)

Here is a good comment on Spectrum that responds to it....

Makdo@Rtas_Vadum

Today at 2:47 pm

Here is my reaction. The content provider while being a practicing architect is clearly not a 3D game designer. Space utilization in real life does not translate to space utilization in 3D games. Character and AI movements require more space than a human would to avoid clipping and other related issues. However, I do agree with some of his points with respect to the glass partition in the scanning room and the scanner station placement. But, as CIG has mentioned time and time again "no ship is ever finished."

Did anyone else pick up that they have finished and now polishing the touring version. Since i havnt seen anything mentioned on the road map im guessing this will be released 3.3?
Anyone

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, AstroJak said:

Did anyone else pick up that they have finished and now polishing the touring version. Since i havnt seen anything mentioned on the road map im guessing this will be released 3.3?

Yes they talked about it on Ship Shape today - hopefully it will be done soon (I have the Touring Variant) - and using my Freelancer DUR and Carrack as my explorers

The heads-up display in the 600i is wayyyyy too bright if I'm on a dark planet I have to fly 3rd person so I can actually see stuff. I keep messing with brightness, gamma, etc but I can't find setting that work. Anyone else have this issue?

Forum Rules

1. Flames/trolling/hostility/etc: Do not insult (or instigate the insulting of) other Members/Moderators/Admins/other forum users.

• We don't mind active discussion, but there are lines that you do not cross.