Origin 600 Thread

ChiefWarrant

Personally I would have preferred it if CIG would have turned the lower deck of the touring variant into an actual VIP stateroom instead of wasting that entire area for a useless pool table (which is likely just a nonfunctional flair item).  

A VIP stateroom would have given the touring variant some use and allow you to make some money by transporting high-paying VIPs. :(

Josh-Fix-01.thumb.jpg.443e7d26e51b8cc52d9b28f2bd5e3f51.jpg

Just now, Devil Khan said:

There is other rooms below this the "lower lounge". There is a lot more rooms than you'd think.

I doubt that. It's not that big of a ship and CIG is known for their giant empty hallways. So I suspect it will just have a captain's quarters, crew quarters, bathroom, engineering and maybe a small place to eat. CIG also stated that the 600i is not intended to be a commercial vehicle in regards to VIP transport so it is extremely unlikely to have staterooms for passengers.

As such it seems the luxury touring variant is a ship with no purpose apart from being an expensive ship for bragging rights that has no means to make money. It's a ship where you can say: "Look at me! I had money once!" :P

Currently it feels like the explorer variant is the only one worth having as that one at least has some purpose and potential to make some cash through exploration and discovery.

Hence why I would have liked an actual VIP stateroom in that area instead of a pool table. That way the VIP's would have that entire section (stateroom, upper lounge and bar) for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

I doubt that. It's not that big of a ship and CIG is known for their giant empty hallways. So I suspect it will just have a captain's quarters, crew quarters, bathroom, engineering and maybe a small place to eat. CIG also stated that the 600i is not intended to be a commercial vehicle in regards to VIP transport so it is extremely unlikely to have staterooms for passengers.

As such it seems the luxury touring variant is a ship with no purpose apart from being an expensive ship for bragging rights that has no means to make money. It's a ship where you can say: "Look at me! I had money once!" :P

Currently it feels like the explorer variant is the only one worth having as that one at least has some purpose and potential to make some cash through exploration and discovery.

Hence why I would have liked an actual VIP stateroom in that area instead of a pool table. That way the VIP's would have that entire section (stateroom, upper lounge and bar) for themselves.

My man, check out the Teller video with the concept interiors. The 600i is pretty big, twice as wide and twice as thick as a Connie.(going off the dimensions page as well)

15 minutes ago, Caldon said:

My man, check out the Teller video with the concept interiors. The 600i is pretty big, twice as wide and twice as thick as a Connie.(going off the dimensions page as well)

I did, but Teller increased the size from 62m to 93m so I don't know how it's going to end up when it's finished.

The concept art of the 600i however showed lots of giant empty hallways and the entire area below the cockpit appeared to be 15m of corridor leading up to one sofa. So I fear we will end up with another Retaliator which also has lots of hallways but very little in terms of rooms.

At the moment I have both the Touring and Explorer CCU, but so far it does not appear that the touring model has any purpose. The Q&A didn't sound overly promising either where they stated that it was not intended as a ship for commercial purposes.

So it's a sleeker and more expensive Phoenix that doesn't appear to have any VIP transporting capabilities. Would have been nice if the 600i was actually created as a competitor/alternative to the Phoenix.

5 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

I did, but Teller increased the size from 62m to 93m so I don't know how it's going to end up when it's finished.

Well.... I take it as a given honestly that it has to increase per Teller's video (to make people fit inside and scale it to the doorways) +++ besides..... CIG is know to increase sizes of ships right so it is more likely than not it will increase in size.

The concept art of the 600i however showed lots of giant empty hallways and the entire area below the cockpit appeared to be 15m of corridor leading up to one sofa. So I fear we will end up with another Retaliator which also has lots of hallways but very little in terms of rooms.

Ya this is a big design flaw that I see as well - but it doesn't mean that they won't fix it.   I still have my Tali but my main reason to melt it or CCU it to an Eclipse (though the AI turrets option stopped me for now)...... is though wasted corridors in the Tali.

At the moment I have both the Touring and Explorer CCU, but so far it does not appear that the touring model has any purpose. The Q&A didn't sound overly promising either where they stated that it was not intended as a ship for commercial purposes.

Actually the empty space - even an open hallway would serve a purpose to gather / party / meet / etc..... You could add "furniture" to the space (eventually) - like a conference table like in the Phoenix - but probably not at start.

So it's a sleeker and more expensive Phoenix that doesn't appear to have any VIP transporting capabilities. Would have been nice if the 600i was actually created as a competitor/alternative to the Phoenix.

I am actually glad its not a direct competitor (with the Phoenix being more suited for military - fighting options).   I think you'll get higher paying (more passenger) VIP missions though in the 600i vs the Phoenix.

==============

As I mentioned previously..... people should think of various ships all used for VIP missions just like various ships used for any other mission type...... like various explorers, various cargo ships............ you need variety for various type of VIP missions = and it doesn't just have to be Touring...... it can be secure transport, it could be for meetings, can even be used for trading, diplomatic meetings, etc....

I really, really like the looks of the ship and really want one.  But, I have problems justifying it in my fleet.  I Sort of sandwiched it for both touring and exploration.  I have both an 890J and Phoenix and Carrack and DUR.  The one place I might think about it over the weekend is the touring mode since I intend my Phoenix mostly as a flex ship about to fight like an andromeda and explore like an Aquila (with modular mods) and also run low end, quick and dirty VIP missions.  I'd probably get a CCU to compare the 600i to the Phoenix when it completes it's rework.  They have gotten much better at having recent concepts really close in abilities to delivered ships.  So, I would feel relatively comfortable comparing a delivered Phoenix to a concepted 600i.

I know some people really don't like the look and I can respect that.  Personally, I think it looks like the "high sci-fi" I grew up with of sleek and clean looking.  But, I also like the "low" look of the greasy, gritty drake ships.  That's part of what I like about the ship designs: Variety.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:24 AM, Danakar Endeel said:

Personally I would have preferred it if CIG would have turned the ...

It's still a ship in a concept development. Make your suggestions known, nothing keeping you from doing that. (great idea, BTW, makes perfect sense)

I have the explorer - Now, with the Terrapin, 600i and Carrack, I can tailor my explorations by ship more than basing one on the number of personnel. If I only have 3-5 guys, the 600i, just me and a friend, the Terrapin. An Organizational mission? the Carrack. Plus, customers who want a more casual exploration experience in a system they haven't been to yet, the 600i. never know.

1 hour ago, Gremlich said:

It's still a ship in a concept development. Make your suggestions known, nothing keeping you from doing that. (great idea, BTW, makes perfect sense)

I have the explorer - Now, with the Terrapin, 600i and Carrack, I can tailor my explorations by ship more than basing one on the number of personnel. If I only have 3-5 guys, the 600i, just me and a friend, the Terrapin. An Organizational mission? the Carrack. Plus, customers who want a more casual exploration experience in a system they haven't been to yet, the 600i. never know.

Yeah, I posted my suggestion in a few threads including the one where Tyler asked for more suggestions, so here's hoping. Personally I would really prefer a VIP stateroom over a large area devoted to a single pool table. :)

After the 600i's Q&A was posted and now with the Concept Sale nearly over, I have to say that CIG did a poor job hyping and justifying the 600i. I couldn't believe CIG's answer to the VIP passenger question:

Is the 600i Touring variant intended to be a money-maker in the realm of VIP passenger transport, similarly to the 890 Jump and Genesis Starliner?

The 600i is not intended as such to be a commercial vehicle. Where the 890 Jump and the Starliner are the luxury private superyacht and commercial people carrier, the 600i is on the compact end of the private yacht scale.

CIG basically stated that the 600i Touring model serves no purpose other than a fancy ship to cruise around the galaxy, and it can't make money transporting VIP NPCs. That is such a dumb thing to say and an even dumber ship design choice. CIG designed the 600i Luxury edition with a huge glass lounge in the stern, a luxury suite for the captain, modest accommodations for the crew, and a rover bay, but they didn't bother to build a passenger suite!? That's so stupid!

A more rational design choice would've been to explain that the captain can choose to give up his/her personal suite to accommodate passengers, enabling the 600i to fulfil the role of a VIP transport. But no, they said it's purely a private space yacht -- basically a toy for Star Citizen backers with more money than brains.

It makes me wonder how successful the 600i Concept Sale has been. I know from the Funding page that CIG was generated more than $2 million in the past two weeks -- although it's unclear how much of that revenue was from the 600i versus the other ships sold as part of Gamescon. It would actually be better for CIG if more of the revenue was from new backers joining the SC community, rather than existing backers buying fancy ships. If the 600i did sell well, I'm worried it will only encourage CIG to do more of these pointless ship sales -- the cynic in me suspects it's purely for funding rather than adding any real value to Star Citizen's ship catalogue.

CIG told us that after the Eclipse stealth bomber, the next wave of ships would all be Civilian-only ships (and vehicles, apparently). So far, none of the 3 Concept ships/vehicles have been useful or unique. Did the Nox, Cyclone, or 600i really add anything to Star Citizen? I don't think so. The Nox was just an alien version of the Dragonfly, the Cyclone was just a smaller, faster Ursa Rover, and the 600i is just a half-size 890 Jump.

I don't know what CIG has planned for the next Concept Sale, but I sincerely hope it's a ship with a purpose. CIG needs to do a far better job at informing backers what purpose the new concept ship serves and why we should buy it. Because I'm detecting a festering and growing sense of unrest in the Star Citizen community, based on Spectrum, reddit, these forums, and especially the vloggers on youTube. I think that because of the Alpha 3.0 delays, all we've had are the concept sales, and backers are growing cynical about these questionable concept sales.

CIG needs to release Alpha 3.0 soon.

Whats funny 

Everyone is making conclusions based on our/your social concept of what should be done.  which is healthy to bring debate to the forefront  if we had a say in what happens. we don't  we have a fence 

love it or hate it yum, eat it up

The ships that have come out  released to concept sale were different   motorcycle variants , luxury civ ships.  These  ships  have fuel the flames in all directions as either useless or mundane or im rich notion, but they did sell and people have them so they couldn't be that bad.   they were open about it. for the details you needed to wait till they were released.  from the looks the 600i looks like a luxury cruiser,small version of the expensive toys. 

maybe the next surprise ship will be a garbage truck or a mine layer.. who knows    

which will spearhead the  next ship debate/topic      

7b57bbf428207349369e89e6461a483f--luxury-yacht-interior-luxury-yachts.jpg

@Reavern that part about backers becoming cynical is spot on. People want the game, not more ships at this point.

Which is why I have a hard time believing that CIG actually released a ship for 400 dollars that is sort of... Useless. And an explorer variant that costs more than a Carrack but is completely eclipsed by it. With all these scrutinizing eyes on them, how could they possibly think it was a good idea?

I have a feeling that folks need to keep complaining on spectrum. That's the only way to make the criticisms reach CIG. Who knows, the 600i may become viable yet.

14 hours ago, Reavern said:

After the 600i's Q&A was posted and now with the Concept Sale nearly over, I have to say that CIG did a poor job hyping and justifying the 600i. I couldn't believe CIG's answer to the VIP passenger question:

CIG basically stated that the 600i Touring model serves no purpose other than a fancy ship to cruise around the galaxy, and it can't make money transporting VIP NPCs.....

CIG needs to release Alpha 3.0 soon.

I think you're right on with the last point but not the first.  Yes both CIG and the Community wants 3.0 out and playable but no one wants it too buggy....

As for the first point I think your take on it is wrong and doesn’t mean that you cannot make UEC off of VIP missions with the 600i....

CIG is just relating back to real life more.  Yes a larger luxury liner is built more for commercial use due to the volume of passengers it can carry  (also relates back to the 890Jump and Genesis Starliner).... but you are less likely to make lease out the entire ship to someone who wants a private guided excursion or to take the ship out for themselves. ...... where with a medium Yacht (or 600i or Phoenix) you can.....  and both options make a lot of $ or UEC due to VIPs with generous pocket books willing to pay for what they want or need.

Anyone thinking that they wanted a 600i..... then thinking that it wasn't designed to make a large amount of UEC off VIP missions  (it original purpose for the ship's design).... will likely be among the players competing with the new players at launch to get a hold of a 600i and will to trade two or more ships for it...:wub:

TBH I don't mind the idea that the 600i is a fancy Aquila... I actually like the fact that CIG ( honestly) was clear on what it was and refuses to budge on it, because if it released the "bestest" explorer it would really mean it's just an escalation with every new ship making the previous ones obsolete.

If you want to explore seriously, you go with a Carrack/Aquila, if you have plenty of money and like to RP even, you will buy the 600i, which is exactly what Cig intended.

If you think about it, all of you know the lenghts MMO players go to get chicken fancy costumes/mounts and so on... this is the SC equivalent in a way.

Super comfy, sleek and cool, maybe not the best explorer but let's be honest, if you bought it, that wasn't the point to begin with :P

9 hours ago, Caldon said:

@Reavern that part about backers becoming cynical is spot on. People want the game, not more ships at this point.

Which is why I have a hard time believing that CIG actually released a ship for 400 dollars that is sort of... Useless. And an explorer variant that costs more than a Carrack but is completely eclipsed by it. With all these scrutinizing eyes on them, how could they possibly think it was a good idea?

I have a feeling that folks need to keep complaining on spectrum. That's the only way to make the criticisms reach CIG. Who knows, the 600i may become viable yet.

That's exactly what I meant by CIG doing a poor job hyping and justifying the 600i. The Q&A made it seem like both the Touring edition was useless for anything other than cruising around in a trophy ship, and the Exploration edition was just a smaller, less capable, more expensive, and shinier version of the Carrack. The only appeal of the 600i is that it's fancy. The Touring edition is a fancier version of the Phoenix, and the Exploration edition is a fancier version of the Aquila and Carrack. I understand that appeals to some backers, but it's a niche market.

I think the pricing of the two models was very telling. I was surprised that the Exploration edition was more expensive than the Touring/Luxury edition, because that's the opposite of the Aquila and Phoenix. The reason seems to be that the Touring/Luxury edition cannot be used to transport VIPs, which is supposedly very profitable. The Touring edition isn't a revenue generating ship, it's a fancy toy. Whereas the Exploration edition is designed for exploration (obvi.), which can generate revenue.

It would've been smarter if CIG had designed 3 models of the 600i:

1. Touring Edition: Private star yacht, cannot carry VIPs = $375
  2. Exploration Edition: Equipped with exploration module and includes Origin rover = $400
  3. Luxury Edition: Equipped with luxury module for transporting VIP passengers = $435

I know that CIG said that they currently have no plans to design more modules for the 600i, but I suspect after criticisms about the 600i, they'll create a VIP Passenger module, which will be priced higher than the Exploration edition.

Lololol. I hate you Turbulent 😝  Keeping the ccu option available one more day made me take it as a sign, I was meant to get this highly debated ship. Lololol.

Well, at least it wasn't new money, but sadly my the Carrack and Nox have parted to the melt grave. Hope this "Lamborghini" works out. 😜

44 minutes ago, Nova-Prime said:

Lololol. I hate you Turbulent 😝  Keeping the ccu option available one more day made me take it as a sign, I was meant to get this highly debated ship. Lololol.

Well, at least it wasn't new money, but sadly my the Carrack and Nox have parted to the melt grave. Hope this "Lamborghini" works out. 😜

I have a CCU ready, but not yet applied. If they decide to make the 600i a balance between exploration and speed/combat/luxury, I'm very tempted to apply it.

I just hope you didn't melt your Carrack, and it then turns out the 600i is incredibly inferior :P

well what sold me on the 600I exp  was it-

has 2 scanning stations  and the aquila has 1     the only  thing will be the shields 2x  size 2   ,but its not a pure combat ship -but can defend its self.

what i likes was that cig stuck to there guns and didn't cave in. on the concept....   

exploration  fleet    

1 or 2 terrapin,(depending on melt)its merits

600I explorer

carrack

endeavor