Origin 600 Thread

ChiefWarrant

5 minutes ago, Reavern said:

I bought the Origin 600 Exploration model with store credit, like I have every concept ship -- just in case. I don't know if I'll keep it or not. The 600i is a beautiful looking ship and its specs are comparable or better than the Constellation Phoenix, but I don't think I'll CCU to the 600. At least not until CIG provides more info in the Q&A. I'll probably buy a CCU, just in case. Although it'll probably be the 600i Touring model, because I already own a Carrack, which will be far better for exploration.

Yeah, I got me a BMM-to-600iExplorer CCU myself but I noticed that the Origin Rover is listed as a separate item in the Standalone version of the 600i Explorer. So now I'm wondering if the rover is still included if you buy the CCU or if you only get the ship.

Guess I'll have to ask it in the Q&A once that one is going up.

Thinking I like the interior look of this ship more than the exterior.  But cool nonetheless.

Good to see ship in the Constellation sized range again.

I picked up the 600 Explorer. 

Surely it comes with the rover!  That would be a foul if a CCU didn't include it.

And for some reason I keep thinking that the 600 needs one of these little buggies from 'Oblivion' for recon instead of a normal rover.  Will be interesting to see if the Origin rover that they include with the 600 explorer has similar design cues as the 600 itself.

bd39fecab69cbce5e8dc7f10de4f69f1.png

26 minutes ago, Donut said:

It's the Iphone of exploration ships. Origin has turned into Apple

A bit. The 600i is probably going to be faster, can slip under the radar better due to it's smaller size, and features better weapons. 

Other than that it's a fancy carrack. I like it though.

Sorry I can't update the original post with all the 600 information. On the road with no laptop for 5 days. Anyone with admin access, please feel free to edit. 

OMG, Super sexy ship!!!!!  Perfect size (for me), small crew, ground vehicle and exploration to boot. HOWEVER, I was really hoping for an equal to the Carrack with a smaller profile and a luxury tax. This is an expensive Aquila that's outperformed by the Carrack. Guess I'll wait to see what the Q&A says about this "exploration module."

No offense, but if this is the updated Origin style, I'm really glad I stayed away from the 300 series all this time. Way to Apple-y and I can't stand their style either. There also seems be a distinct "never mind the actual facilities, feeeeeeel the cuuuuuurves..." attitude both in the commercial, the brochure and the page.

26 minutes ago, Donut said:

It's the Iphone of exploration ships. Origin has turned into Apple

A bit. The 600i is probably going to be faster, can slip under the radar better due to it's smaller size, and features better weapons. 

4 minutes ago, Caldon said:

Faster than what? An Iphone? I surely hope so :P It's also half the size of a Carrack so we know it will be faster with less mass, since mass will be a tangible object/feature in game. Right now all ships fly as if they're at full cargo capacity which is why the big ships feel so sluggish. I don't believe it will be able to slip under the radar though. It's a flashy ship, whether it's the exploration module or luxury model. It's a ship designed to capture the audience. 

18 minutes ago, Donut said:

Faster than what? An Iphone? I surely hope so :P It's also half the size of a Carrack so we know it will be faster with less mass, since mass will be a tangible object/feature in game. Right now all ships fly as if they're at full cargo capacity which is why the big ships feel so sluggish. I don't believe it will be able to slip under the radar though. It's a flashy ship, whether it's the exploration module or luxury model. It's a ship designed to capture the audience. 

Well, it certainly stands out in the hangar. But unless it has a bunch of really bright lights on it, that won't matter. It's rounded shapes may actually help deflect radar!

I am going to un-melt one of my Starfarer Gemini for $240 (now worth $340) then CCU it to the 600i Touring...... can't decide though on Exploration or Touring module for the 600i.......  (have Carrack for Exploration and 890 Jump for Touring - but also the Phoenix for Touring / Combat Supremacy) 

I hope they have a Q&A for this ship, especially to compare the exploration version to the aquila and carrack, so far from reading the brochure, the 600ie will be better suited for system scanning and be faster we the carrack will be better at jump point navigation and long range but they both have the same weight to them in the null weigh side of things making me think that the 600ie will have a lot of bult to it in components maybe even higher quality 

Looking at the subject-to-change stats page, aren't any of the Constellations far better than this?  The disparity is so great that I have to believe the Constellation has a balance pass coming.  If not, then the Aquila has 4 TR5 main engines while the 600 series has 4 TR2s, and the Origin 600 has well more than twice the null-cargo mass.  That's a massive difference.  The 600 series is drastically underpowered unless that's one of their usual mistakes.

The Phoenix is identically priced to the Touring 600.  Except the Phoenix was $400 years ago, the Touring 600 is $400 now, so I expect the Phoenix to need a price increase.  Maybe that's the plan, I see the Phoenix has a far better ship, by the stat sheet.  It also has the advantage of being flying soon.

Based on all this, I can't see myself paying RL money for either of the 600s.  If I want one, I'll buy it in the 'verse.

well I've already CCU'd to get the 600i which has double its cargo and has 5 instead of 3 crew.

Though I would like to know if the curved couch is in both variants, the below the front area. not just the pool table and second stairs down.

4 minutes ago, Th3 Warm0ng3r said:

Jesus, 3- Level 5 weapons? Don't end up in the cross-hairs of these, that is enough to make a capital ship wince.

they area fixed, connie has 4x gimbles S4

Knowing that they have planned to have this be a direct competitor to the Constellation, I wouldn't be surprised if much of the value is in the different sensor suites and internals. Think of it like...Exploring with the Aquila would be like exploring with a Nova-class in Star Trek, while the 600i would be the Intrepid-class. Same mission and role, roughly similar in sizing, but one has a lot more meat to it, while the other is more mission-focused. 

4 minutes ago, Boildown said:

Looking at the subject-to-change stats page, aren't any of the Constellations far better than this?  The disparity is so great that I have to believe the Constellation has a balance pass coming.  If not, then the Aquila has 4 TR5 main engines while the 600 series has 4 TR2s, and the Origin 600 has well more than twice the null-cargo mass.  That's a massive difference.  The 600 series is drastically underpowered unless that's one of their usual mistakes.

The Phoenix is identically priced to the Touring 600.  Except the Phoenix was $400 years ago, the Touring 600 is $400 now, so I expect the Phoenix to need a price increase.  Maybe that's the plan, I see the Phoenix has a far better ship, by the stat sheet.  It also has the advantage of being flying soon.

Based on all this, I can't see myself paying RL money for either of the 600s.  If I want one, I'll buy it in the 'verse.

phoenix is/was 350 afaik

1 hour ago, Chimaera said:

Knowing that they have planned to have this be a direct competitor to the Constellation, I wouldn't be surprised if much of the value is in the different sensor suites and internals. Think of it like...Exploring with the Aquila would be like exploring with a Nova-class in Star Trek, while the 600i would be the Intrepid-class. Same mission and role, roughly similar in sizing, but one has a lot more meat to it, while the other is more mission-focused. 

It isn't to be linked with the connie, as I'd take there isn't other than the length. Also 1 Rear and 1 forward turret. Don't forget the Connie was the original role as space superiority. This (600i) is two levels and several rooms. However even though the basic stats, excluding that it is over twice as heavy, the ship has "roughly" the same number of weapons, but just some are places the weapons to the real and the other have a fixed weapon(s)  

8 hours ago, VoA said:

I am going to un-melt one of my Starfarer Gemini for $240 (now worth $340) then CCU it to the 600i Touring...... can't decide though on Exploration or Touring module for the 600i.......  (have Carrack for Exploration and 890 Jump for Touring - but also the Phoenix for Touring / Combat Supremacy) 

Well, the 600i Explorer apparently has additional utility hardpoints as well.

600I-600Iex.png.3ffb56ad9caf42fd37ed26e66e75f9c3.png.

Mmmm I wonder how this compares to the Phoenix. They both have rovers, they both can get a sensor package for exploring (AFAIK the Phoenix should be able to mount the sensor dome from the aquila). The Phoenix beats it in most stats (although I really doubt those stats will survive once they throw the new system at them, esp. the engine and shield size is bound to be "rewritten" :().

I hope I am doing the right thing to keep my Phoenix but I suspect it has lost the interest of CIG and they spend all their resources on designing new cash grabs ...sorry.... ships.

To say the 600i is in the Connie's size class is rather unfair now that I look at it. It's the same length, but as you can see from the picture below, it's well over twice as broad as a 300i, and a lot thicker too, whereas the Constellation is about as wide as a 300i and only a tad thicker. This includes the wings of the 300i.

Spoiler

600i.thumb.jpg.45382ed07096b7a2dc7bdcc4f56ef5b1.jpgSizechart.jpg.10bd35f2cc2fca656287fa1a0402052f.jpg

This makes me believe that the 600i is, in fact, more of a match for the Carrack or Starfarer in terms of internal space. This makes it's value somewhat better, so it's asking price isn't totally ridiculous when compared to, say, the Phoenix, Aquila or Carrack.

It also makes me believe that the 4x TR2 engines are a placeholder, you can clearly see the engines being the size of the Avenger's, which are TR4. They may even be TR5 but with a small form factor, because Origin digs that kind of thing.