Origin 600 Thread

ChiefWarrant

The scribbled "leak" is very likely a fake.  It looks awful in its hand drawn lines.  Plus a redditor spotted the top corner was taken from the Polaris blueprint.

Spoiler

BAdOr7q.jpg

That being said, I am loving the teaser advertising for the 600, this feeling of sipping martinis while snapping photos of ice volcanos is pretty cool.  I'm excited to see a new medium to large exploration ship.  I had a theory in the car as to how i could predict its size, I should try it and see how close I am for fun.

6 hours ago, Caldon said:

No, too many bolts and exposed stuff. Looks more like the Cutlass.

Yeah, after checking up on the Cutlass it looks like you're right. Which is good because it looked a bit too scruffy for my tastes so I'm glad that it's not the 600 series. :)

Hmm, judging from the specs she's got decent shields and good firepower. However, 4x tr2 engines? Won't she be slow?

That said I purchased a CCU from carrack to 600i explorer because I really like it. Not sure if I'm going to activate it, but the option is there for me.

I bought the Origin 600 Exploration model with store credit, like I have every concept ship -- just in case. I don't know if I'll keep it or not. The 600i is a beautiful looking ship and its specs are comparable or better than the Constellation Phoenix, but I don't think I'll CCU to the 600. At least not until CIG provides more info in the Q&A. I'll probably buy a CCU, just in case. Although it'll probably be the 600i Touring model, because I already own a Carrack, which will be far better for exploration.