Referral question

Snakebyte

If someone creates an account with my referral, it says they have to buy a $40 packaged for me to get the credit. Can anyone confirm if it is $40 package or $40 spent. I want to gift my son a package and have him upgrade it, but don't know if this will give me the referral credit. If it does, it will double my number of referrals! LOL

3 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:

Yes, but it's honestly easier and guaranteed if you make him an account with your referral. It's how I got in. My wife made and account and then gave me the login. She added a $5 handle pass so I could rename myself.

This way he doesn't have to spend anything.

I've made him the account, so I'll transfer the package and pay for the upgrade before giving it to him, as you did. I just wanted to see how far towards 'not getting my 10 referrals' I can get. :-)

As long as you made the account using your referral code and then bought the package with his account and your money you're all set.

That said, anyone here could do the same thing to game the system any time they intend to spend new money. Create, buy, gift to self. It's like the LTI shuffle.