Ongoing Discussion Computer Rig accessories

Gremlich

This will be a different thread than the computer parts threads I normally post in. This one will have a listing of specific accessories that you can use AFTER you get your rig built and want to jazz it up a little bit.

First up: Computer and Gaming Console case filters: http://www.demcifilter.com/ I use these and they're great. make sure that you check to see that you get magnet frames in case you have a case with a plastic vent.

Next: coolers for CPUs

CPU, GPU and Case cooling

Standard coolers can be found at the same sites for CPU's, GPUs and cases. Of course, Case manufacturing companies tend to have their own case fans.

MOAR air is always the best way to go, just make sure to filter.

I've used the Antec H2O with a single fan radiator on my OC'd FX-8350. Now I'm using an Arctic Cooling 240mm 4x120mm fan cooler on the same CPU in the Corsair 540 Air case. Again, make sure you filter your incoming air to keep the radiators clean.

Not sure if this is a complete listing.

Arctic Cooling; Closed loop coolers (top of the list of CPU coolers)

Noctua 

Gamerstorm

NZXT

Silverstone

Enermax

Fractal Design

Corsair

Thermaltake

Antec

be quiet!

Alpenfohn

Cryorig solutions

Coolermaster, air, liquid, and standard

EVGA power link adapter for cable management

gallery_02_SM.jpg

the product manual: http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/PowerLink_Manual.pdf

I like this thread, this is a nice thread.

I've got 2000RPM Noctua Case fans, the devil really is in the details for me, and these things are bbaaaadd... and by bad I mean awesome.

Can also vouch for DemciFlex, I have a set of their Magnetinc filters for my Corsair 750D, haven't had it long enough to confirm their effectiveness however they look nice and cover up all the big gaps you'd expect them too, I mostly just wanted a filter for the grate under where the HDD bays usually sat, as they have been removed and replaced with 120mm Noctuas :D

You could add CableMod to your list of things to Jazz your PC up with.

On 11/14/2016 at 4:28 PM, Gremlich said:

Won't work on the GTX 970 series, looking here:

K98aADZ.jpg

Confirmed via EVGA support: 

The Powerlink won't fit on the 970s because the power connections are located too far inboard on the card for it to reach. 

Please contact us with any further questions. 

Regards, 
EVGA Support

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"How can the cooling performance of a graphics card be improved without replacing the cooler or switching to liquid cooling? "

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/optimizing-graphics-cooling,4838.html#xtor=RSS-100

when removing thermal paste, use non-acetone nail polish remover, it's cheap and won't mess with the adhesives or other such used in the manufacture of mobos or GPUs

9a1e1f44-ec85-429b-958a-cb6f1931e94c_1.c

Glad you included Cryorig on the list. Though they are fairly new, their aircoolers are LEGIT. They have a number of "Universal" coolers that do not block any of your memory dimms. I got their largest cooler the Cryorig R1 Universal for my most recent build. The temps are fantastic and it is quite quiet as well. Their other cooler the H1 is also a great value.

On 1/17/2017 at 2:04 PM, AdmiralBoom said:

Glad you included Cryorig on the list. Though they are fairly new, their aircoolers are LEGIT. They have a number of "Universal" coolers that do not block any of your memory dimms. I got their largest cooler the Cryorig R1 Universal for my most recent build. The temps are fantastic and it is quite quiet as well. Their other cooler the H1 is also a great value.

so  you can see what he's on about...Cryorig R1 Universal   ITZ HUGE

img41.jpg

Plus, as promised ealier in this thread, check out Cablemod and see a video re: their cable sets.

how to do it and which do you select

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...