Elite: Dangerous - Guardians

GeraldEvans

Its really cool to see this came continually added to.  I'm waiting for the ability to walk around first person, but so far it's a fantastic VR implementation and you can actually play with friends.

The game does heavily favor space trucking however.  You can land on planets and drive about and you can definitely get into faction wars or go bounty hunting, but min/maxing cargo runs is where the money is.

I love this game and I'd install it again... if only they added an offline mode... it sure sucks if your only internet line is a crappy mobile line :-/

I still don't get why they need me to be online if I want to play solo.

Because, and this pisses off a lot of other people, even though you're playing solo, the resources and events of the game universe are shared.

19 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

Its really cool to see this came continually added to.  I'm waiting for the ability to walk around first person, but so far it's a fantastic VR implementation and you can actually play with friends.

The game does heavily favor space trucking however.  You can land on planets and drive about and you can definitely get into faction wars or go bounty hunting, but min/maxing cargo runs is where the money is.

Also waiting for first person walking around inside your ship at the very least before the game is worth playing imo. and I have gone through the extreme grind of getting a fully A-class fully engineer lvl 5 modded federal corvette...

23 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

When next it goes on sale, I'll be re-tempted to buy it and fly with you guys.

Hmm... this is good, yes. I am now concrete in my determination to take my ASP and get past the American Nebula, take a hard left, and floor it to the restricted zone, if it is unlocked. Does anybody know if that area is still off-limits?