16 Imperium Members Assault Kareah! (Epic 21-Man Dogfight)

Pagan-Tempest

Imperium hosted its monthly game night on Saturday the 22nd, and after the final Custom Scenario event we decided to assault Kareah. We were being egged on by four or five guys who described themselves as being a "scratch group of players from Operation Pitchfork from various orgs." We accepted their challenge and zerged them! 

Forgive my lackadaisical flying: I'd been flying off and on for the better part of 11 hours as part of the event. :)

We don't know this for certain, but this may have been the largest dogfight in the Crusader module to date. Enjoy the chaos!

Imperium members who took part in the assault:

@CyberianK
@Nazerath
@Sir_Belial
@Pagan_X2
@Cincinnatus
@Donut
@Parker
@Korren
@Furbsta
@Vaderhexagon
@Bloppo
@Deadlife
@Space-Moose
@XLB
@Deonaldi
@ImLost

Upvote on RSI, too: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/6254-NSFW-16-Imperium-Members-Assault-Kareah-Epic-21-Man-Dogfight

1 hour ago, J. Coren said:

Why do they never eject or run? When you've got 16 other ships bearing down on you, how is your first instinct not to kick into Cruise and flee?

They are operation pitchfork. They are training for that.  Also, in actual game, we will have to defend and attack locations/assets.  We will not be able to run away without leaving T&I people to get slaughtered.  To stand and fight while distracting people until reinforcements arrive is a good skill.  To die in place for a good reason is something good to learn. They were in cru at times.  We just followed in cruise mode. 

This exactly. Running in most cases won't be a viable option. Many times the fighters will need to engage the enemy till the defencless ships can escape first. Hopefully we can engrave this mentality into our boys over time.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

FYI, I am a bit saltly because 4-6 legacy guys were jumping on @Bloppo and me last night.  I would attack one.  They would get a shot then run away until 2-3 of their guys would attack me.  I would switch then they would just switch knifing one of us in the back.  It is actually the tactics that I want to teach our non-military people because they are pretty simple. But they could only run away because they had nothing to defend or attack.  (ignore the contradiction please)

21 minutes ago, Ostia said:

This exactly. Running in most cases won't be a viable option. Many times the fighters will need to engage the enemy till the defencless ships can escape first. Hopefully we can engrave this mentality into our boys over time.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

That is definitely the job of the fighter support. Star Wars, BSG, etc.  Engage the enemy and provide cover to protect the meat pinatas.
image.jpg

16 minutes ago, Cincinnatus said:

FYI, I am a bit saltly because 4-6 legacy guys were jumping on @Bloppo and me last night.  I would attack one.  They would get a shot then run away until 2-3 of their guys would attack me.  I would switch then they would just switch knifing one of us in the back.  It is actually the tactics that I want to teach our non-military people because they are pretty simple. But they could only run away because they had nothing to defend or attack.  (ignore the contradiction please)

Maybe for the next event we should incorporate some OpFor Squadron Battle scenarios to run through various tactics to help increase the TTD (survivability) of members at a minimum and make them more capable in an offensive role as a best case?

2 hours ago, Aegid said:

epic fight guys; i wish I knew how to fly a fighter 

I do flight instruction on dogfighting if you want it. Lessons

@GeraldEvans, You want to come up with some custom scenarios ideas and I can refine them a bit maybe?  We can pitch them to fleet commander afterwards for the next  one? 

I'm not a part of Imperium but thoroughly enjoyed the video and did my part to upvote.  I have also started to share outside these forums since the video reminded me of playing SWG years ago.  The large amount of time prepping and the short amount of time in combat seeing that prep pay off as well as the banter and target calling, etc.  Was a trip down memory lane to watch.

If I were them, even severely outnumbered, I would not have run away except as a tactic to come back.  Why?  There is absolutely no disadvantage to dying but there is advantage to getting practice against such crazy odds.  It also feeds into having more stats, etc for the devs as a part of testing the game.