How did you find Star Citizen?

RedEagle_MGN

3 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

I found out about Star Citizen because Erin Roberts sent me a PM on another forum after noticing one of my posts talking about how I liked Wing Commander so much as a teenager. In the PM he told me to check out a project that his brother was working on. :)

Pics or it didn't happen. Hehe.

My best friend and I loved playing games like WC and Privateer when we were young. I loved Starlancer and Freelancer, he liked them but didn't play them as much. He sent me the info on the KS when it went live, and I backed on the RSI site in early November, but because of some fowlups when they rolled the KS and RSI I ended up with a VB number and date instead of an OB number and date. :(

I remember playing Space Engineers with some friends and we were trying to build this complex multi-crew ship and it just kept failing so I youtubed how to build one and one of SC's videos came up. 

Unfortunately at that time (late 2012) we had all been burned by Dean Hall with DayZ Standalone so it took me almost two years of following the game to finally back it :)

I was a member of a pretty big SWTOR guild. The Corellian League. And I recall a forum post being made there in offtopic about SC, and how it was going to be big. This was back allll the way in 2012.

Then in 2013 I saw SC pop by again, and I said "Yeah, I remember this!", and decided to pledge with a humble 315p.

I saw a couple different youtubers talk about SC way back just after the kickstarter.  They showcased the original trailer CR shared to get the project going.  I sat back and said I could get into this, but decided not to put money down, yet.  Then after a number of months, the Hangar Module dropped and everyone was raving at being able to board ships and walk around your hangar.  Now the project had my attention; but still not enough to back yet.  Then Arena commander dropped; finally something to play.  I backed the game.  Was only about $41 million at the time.

Looking back, I wish I backed when I first heard of the game and even saw the original trailer.  That would have been late 2012.  and I also kick myself for not backing when the Hangars dropped, that is the point when I really started paying attention to Star Citizen.  Should really have joined then.... :P

I found it shortly after the KS launch while looking up Xbox games. I thought, 'that looks cool, but I got out of PC games because of the expense.'  Several years later and I was looking for a holiday gift for my best friend.  I found it again, and thought, 'not only does it look cool, but damn fine.' I got him a Freelancer DUR, begged my wife for an Aquila, and am now a Grand Admiral, having also built her a rig and bought her a 325A and a HULL A.

Saw a forum-thread on a forum i frequent. 

I know who you are! You’re Chris Roberts, creator of the Wing Commander series and director of FMV sequences, one of which was feature length. After spending a few years in the non-interactive motion picture industry, Roberts is returning to the world of games, and indeed the world of world-building. His project will be revealed on the tenth of October at 10am (EST). 

It had a link to the RSI-site, i signed up for one of those golden tickets shown above.

I googled "space games" a few years ago and came to discover Star Citizen and backed almost immediately.  I had played EVE for a while and needed something different.  A game that had ships I could pilot. Something more involved. Something more ....Star Citizen :).  Damn I love Google.