Feedback Wanted Computer Upgrade King/Xoticpc experiences?

Squirrel

I am looking to get a new laptop to replace my desktop machine and think I have an MSI model that will do it.  But, it needs some modifications to pull it off.  I found several companies that claim to do it and narrowed it down to 2.  Has anyone had any experiences with either Computer Upgrade King or Xotic PC?  I have no problem making the changes myself but would like to avoid wasting money on components I plan to replace or voiding the warranty.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I specced out a build for a desktop (I could reuse case, PS & HDs only.  The other hardware is several generations old) and then took a look at some of the equivalents in laptops and found that the price difference was about $100-200.  So, I can resell my current laptop and convert my desktop to a server and have a large laptop that is more a portable desktop.  The differences are that the desktop allows for more hard drives but the 'laptop' is more portable.  The new Pascal GPUs are almost as good in laptops as desktops so it opens up all kinds of possibilities.  The other advantage of a laptop is that the kids are all laptop based and after 2-3 years as my main machine for gaming, I can then give to one of the kids as their machine (they play less intensive games than I do and so don't need extremely recent hardware).

I'm mostly looking at an MSI GT72VR (with i7-6700, GTX 1070, 1TB HD) and modded to have 64GB RAM and 512GB SSD along with the HD.  There are a couple other systems I'm thinking about but that is currently 'leading'.  I'll probably spend another week researching options between machines and vendors.  I was just watching for the latest Razer systems to compare and those came out today.