RSI Ursa Rover

GRIZZ

• 3 weeks later...
Well.... the Lynx is suppose to be more "style'n" than the Ursa....
Do you think it will be a "style'n" as NASA? :wub:
nJyQbwi.jpg

That's too big for the Phoenix. I'm not sure what they're planning on doing to make it fit in a space that isn't as tall and still give any cargo capacity, but it will have to be smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

Well of course we do "NEED" ground vehicles. greycat isn't even meant to go outside. Ursa more military-esq and the lynx more of a pickup truck. I think it better to have ground vehicles than "schimmer" or "hover tanks". However, it was bad to mistake to have the connie as the standard size of vehicles IE ground vehicle that is. It is very narrow to have the room to move. Don't get me wrong still think it is an  very nice wheels and I like the way the wheel will move in when coming on board

6 hours ago, Donut said:

We need city vehicles too. Where are the Camry's, F150's, SUV's and stuff? It would be kind of weird for everybody to be using utilitarian and Greycat vehicles as everyday drivers in towns and metro areas

I think it would be weirder if most people in urban areas still went around in vehicles with wheels. Same thing though, CIG doesn't have any commuter cars and the closest thing they have is the 85X, which still has guns. 

Totally want a pickup rover, though. Something for collecting all of that sweet sand nomad armor in after I clean house. 

Just now, Karmaslap said:

I think it would be weirder if most people in urban areas still went around in vehicles with wheels. Same thing though, CIG doesn't have any commuter cars and the closest thing they have is the 85X, which still has guns. 

Totally want a pickup rover, though. Something for collecting all of that sweet sand nomad armor in after I clean house. 

To be fair they brought in vehicles with wheels. They would have to retract and redo both wheeled vehicles. Surely in the future not everything is floating but I'd imagine most would use a super magnetic propulsion system to "hover" above the ground and move. I could see that for city vehicles and freeway travel. Probably have separate freeways and highways for those with wheels. In Cowboy Bebop they showed off that vehicles with wheels were still around and hover vehicles shared the same space, so maybe a mix of both since that's their biggest influence in SC.

I don't think they'd need to: their addition of cave systems and "no-fly" zones as showed off last year will give wheeled vehicles a place. I just don't think that for urban areas that ground vehicles make any sense; we have so much traffic on earth that if they can fly that easily I think they'd be doing it. I don't think that low-flying hovering vehicles would work either because you'd want them to be able to fly at different altitudes for best efficiency.

I would love to see both flying and ground vehicles as you say. There's no need for trucks to carry cargo (so much faster to hop into orbit and descend) but maybe making a distinction between urban and rural areas one of mostly flying vs cheaper wheeled vehicles would help differentiate the areas and provide a good feel for players. 

7 minutes ago, Karmaslap said:

I would love to see both flying and ground vehicles as you say. There's no need for trucks to carry cargo (so much faster to hop into orbit and descend) but maybe making a distinction between urban and rural areas one of mostly flying vs cheaper wheeled vehicles would help differentiate the areas and provide a good feel for players. 

I disagree because what if your storefront business needs goods transferred from one side of town to where you are, or if it's just something as small as a couple boxes of goods? We still need vehicles like pick up trucks and semi's for local transport. I see a mix happening because society as a whole is declining. It's the same as Tesla inventing wireless technology but being snobbed out and here we are 100yrs later finally getting around to what could have been a long time ago as the norm. It's not logical to always either be in an Ursa for everyday driving or having to piggyback goods on the back of a Dragonfly if you need to drive 5mins to a different location and drop something off. 

This isn't the right topic for a discussion like this, but maybe Ursa should be a ground vehicle manufacturer and develop these types of variants, kind of like the Ford of the 20th century.

10 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

Interesting that Ben referred to the Lynx as an Ursa variant. I would have expected a four seat 4x4 version that took less room in a bay.

Yeah, sounds like the Lynx might be nothing more than a regular Ursa but with a custom white&chrome paintjob and 'leather' seats. :P

But the part about other Rovers sounds pretty interesting as I'd love to see more variety. Personally I'd love to see my Anvil Carrack getting a special Anvil Rover...

... WITH A MASSIVE CANNON because you can never be too careful when exploring uncharted alien worlds! B)

6377c48f3e56244cc705bfc4d5ee6dd5.jpg

6 hours ago, Donut said:

Introducing the F150 RSI Ursa Super Duty Pick Up

e1cb0b1134bc2fb0fb3334e82e4e19cd.jpg

RSI Ursa M5 Sedan

bmw100-875.jpg

RSI Ursa Suburban SUV

The-Qoros-2-SUV-PHEV-Concept.jpg

Well the first pic pretty much what it is except the cockpit is pushed forward. Of course I haven't seen newer than 2-3 years "concept" art. The only difference will be that it would require armor or weapons really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...