Feedback Wanted New Rig Build

Lord-Nikon

So, I'm building my new rig an was wanting some feedback on it.

Here are the components.

Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

Intel i7-6800K

NZXT Kraken X61

(ASUS ROG Strix x99 or Gigabyte x99 Designare EX) I haven't decided yet what I want yet. 

Corsair Vengence LED DDR4 3200

Acer Predator x34 Monitor

be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900

I can say a few things of advice, but before that i got to know.

First, I take it you are going to overclock with that setup, no? If you're going to a light overclock you might be paying too much for what you want. 

Second, Are you planning to go SLI on that rig in the future?

Third, Do you have a budget?

Last, what are you going to use that rig for in specific? Just gaming or anything else..

Not a bad build at all, but I've noticed some things :

How much RAM do you want? If I were you, go for no more than 16 GB.

I didn't spot a PSU in there. If you want my recommendation, go for a Corsair AX760, or a Seasonic Platinum 660.
The 760's wattage is pretty overkill, but it has solid voltage regulation, solid efficiency and a lengthy warranty of 7 years.
Can't say much about the Seasonic since I don't own one, but they make very solid PSU's as well. Just don't be cheap
with the PSU - it's the most common cause of hardware failure.

Your case is pretty, but unless you're doing it for aesthetics (in which case, have at it) you can probably save a lot of money.
My recommendation would be the Corsair 450D, which has good airflow and costs half as much.

And for the rest, yeah, gonna agree with Rain2Reign - Unless you're going to overclock, your cooler's a tad too much. An air cooler
or cheaper watercooler will serve you just as fine for less if you do not intend to overclock (much).

On 8/25/2016 at 5:00 PM, rain2reign said:

I can say a few things of advice, but before that i got to know.

First, I take it you are going to overclock with that setup, no? If you're going to a light overclock you might be paying too much for what you want. 

Second, Are you planning to go SLI on that rig in the future?

Third, Do you have a budget?

Last, what are you going to use that rig for in specific? Just gaming or anything else..

My budget is pretty much $3500. I'm gonna do some light over clocking but nothing serious. I plan to buy a second Card but i want to buy a couple things first a Chair and a nice headset. The main purpose will be gaming, and i realize the system is a bit overkill but i want to make sure it will last me at least 3yrs with minimal replacements. 

My main concerns are the 6800k. i dont know if it would be fine just going with the 6700k or even the 6600k and get the same longevity without the price increase.

On 8/25/2016 at 6:17 PM, Caldon said:

Not a bad build at all, but I've noticed some things :

How much RAM do you want? If I were you, go for no more than 16 GB.

I didn't spot a PSU in there. If you want my recommendation, go for a Corsair AX760, or a Seasonic Platinum 660.
The 760's wattage is pretty overkill, but it has solid voltage regulation, solid efficiency and a lengthy warranty of 7 years.
Can't say much about the Seasonic since I don't own one, but they make very solid PSU's as well. Just don't be cheap
with the PSU - it's the most common cause of hardware failure.

Your case is pretty, but unless you're doing it for aesthetics (in which case, have at it) you can probably save a lot of money.
My recommendation would be the Corsair 450D, which has good airflow and costs half as much.

And for the rest, yeah, gonna agree with Rain2Reign - Unless you're going to overclock, your cooler's a tad too much. An air cooler
or cheaper watercooler will serve you just as fine for less if you do not intend to overclock (much).

yea, im going with the 16gb. As for the PSU i have a 1000w Gold that i plan on using. I like the 450D but i really like the premium feel and i wanted the tempered glass side panel. 

9 hours ago, Lord-Nikon said:

My budget is pretty much $3500. I'm gonna do some light over clocking but nothing serious. I plan to buy a second Card but i want to buy a couple things first a Chair and a nice headset. The main purpose will be gaming, and i realize the system is a bit overkill but i want to make sure it will last me at least 3yrs with minimal replacements. 

With that money you can build a PC that will last you at least 3-5 years for less than half of your budget. The remaining half you can just spend on other things (chair, headset, you family or that one vacation i.e.).

9 hours ago, Lord-Nikon said:

My main concerns are the 6800k. i dont know if it would be fine just going with the 6700k or even the 6600k and get the same longevity without the price increase.

yea, im going with the 16gb. As for the PSU i have a 1000w Gold that i plan on using. I like the 450D but i really like the premium feel and i wanted the tempered glass side panel. 

Well for one, just for gaming itself i would recommend a i5 CPU from intel. The only difference with an i7 is that the i7's come with hyperthreading, which most games don't use/support yet, though there are a (very) few out there that do. If you don't make intensive use of programs that use hyperthreading than save yourself the money. Hyperthreading is used in programs such as 3D modeling, animation, rendering and heavy graphics development programs (yes, Photoshop uses hyperthreading too).

-----------------------------

Here is what i would recommend using the given information provided in both your opening post and reply earlier today, since you live in the USA i took the liberty of summing it up for you in PCpartpicker. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/H9YfvV ;) 

The motherboard might be overkill if you're not that into what this board has to offer overall, in that case i would recommend the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5, this board will save you around 20-30 USD in that case.

I did keep the your case of choice, since you have pretty much set your mind on it and i always find cases a personal choice rather than a general recommendation. I did read, however you have a 1000 Wattage PSU, even though you plan on using it, i would advice keeping it as a backup. It's overkill and you will not be using it sufficiently enough to make it worthwhile. For light overclocking and SLI 1070GTX or 1080GTX a 850 Wattage is more than enough. If you think you are going for single card setup, than 650 Wattage PSU would be a recommended choice.

On a side note: i forgot to ask about whether you have a ssd or a hdd, so i just added a recommendation for a SDD and a storage HDD in it, just in case. If you are not going to pick them, then you will save yourself approximately 203 USD.

----------------------------

This is my recommendation for you however. This build will last you at least 3-5 years with minimal, if not none replacement components needed, while doing a light overclock and assuming none of the parts arrive DOA(Dead on Arrival). This build is less than half your budget of 3500 USD(half this is 1750 USD) at a price of 1489.03 USD without discount and combo sales.

@Gremlich regurlarly posts hardware deals and discounts you can find most of them in his thread here:

Edited by rain2reign
wrong build link, fixed it to the proper one.

If you want to stream to Twitch (or YouTube or Facebook, whatever), then you should get the i7.  Otherwise you're probably fine with an i5.  Based on your budget, I think you should get an i7 anyways.  It doesn't hurt and can only help.  If you use your computer for other things, some of them will be faster with an i7.  And you're getting a premium build, this is no place to skimp.

Btw, an Extreme Series would actually be slower in games (due to lower clockspeed), so I wouldn't recommend the hexa core unless you KNOW you'll be doing video encoding or something else that can use the extra CPUs.

You can do Twitch stream, Facebook(FB stream) and youtube just fine with an i5. You can offload the stream on your GPU (GPU/hardware acceleration), resulting in less load on your CPU while streaming, encoding or transcoding. Which will in result smooth out multitasking while game streaming using Twitch+OBS(for example) and a few other applications on the side. It's just a means to an end.

An i7 will only make it easier, giving the higher clockspeed per core, but by no means is it a must to get an i7 for streaming. It just makes it easier, a luxury of life.