Imperium Racing!

Doopsums

ZgPyZ5a.png

Do you like to go fast? Looking for the fastest line? Having trouble finding what ships are suited best for you? Want to show off your leader board mettle? Then look no further! Use this thread to bounce ideas, discussions, and footage related to Imperium racing!

Useful Links:

Spoiler

Weapon and Ship Stats:

Joystick Configuration:

Arena Commander/Star Citizen Manual:

INN Database(Includes ship manuals, videos, key mappings, etc.):

Flight Knowledge Test(Reddit):

Legacy Instructional Videos:

Didn’t find what you are looking for? Check the below threads for additional information:

Imperium Arena Commander Leader boards: Click here

Imperium Arena Commander Tips: Click here

• Doopsums pinned and featured this topic
Just now, GeraldEvans said:

I like to go fast!  Unfortunately the last time I tried to go racing the ships were sliding so badly I couldn't complete a lap.  To race in I have an Omega, an M50, and a Khartu-al.  

You have to use your after burn and velocity ladder to cancels out vectors and mind your speed. Use your boost to your advantage and know when to slow down when making a turn.

YAY Racing!!! Funny thing for me racing never had an appeal. When I started in Arena Commander May of 2015 I was so bad at combat I decided that racing was a great idea to improve flight skills, it is an obstacle course after all. I have grown to love racing for the first time and in Alpha 2.4 I think my rankings were good enough for me to post them here. 

Some day I hope to have a decent combat rating.

bragging rights 2.4.png

2 hours ago, AEVUM said:

YAY Racing!!! Funny thing for me racing never had an appeal. When I started in Arena Commander May of 2015 I was so bad at combat I decided that racing was a great idea to improve flight skills, it is an obstacle course after all. I have grown to love racing for the first time and in Alpha 2.4 I think my rankings were good enough for me to post them here. 

Some day I hope to have a decent combat rating.

bragging rights 2.4.png

Nice Job @AEVUM! Any tips for young inspiring racers out there?

I have to admit I do not think I have much to offer in the way of tips. What I do is check the old leaderboard for time then practice for days in the drone sim till I get a decent time. Once I have a decent time I get in the public track and do my best to match or exceed my practice time. Basically what you said above is more important,

You have to use your after burn and velocity ladder to cancels out vectors and mind your speed. Use your boost to your advantage and know when to slow down when making a turn.

I would describe that as, use your boost to push yourself into tighter turns, use your after burner to punch across straightaways, know what turns are going to burn up to much boost fuel and lay off both boost and after burner and slow down for those turns.

I like the longer tracks because they presented a far greater challenge and I assumed they would improve my flight skills more. Turns out most people seem to hate the longer tracks because they are there for the REC and you get far less REC per minute on Rikkord Memorial Raceway and Defford Link. I gain an advantage, YAY!!

Five things: Mind set, knowledge of ship performance and controls, practice, practice AND you guessed it more practice.

I fail horribly in knowledge of controls, gsafe on or off, I dunno. Comstab on or off, I dunno. Is there any gain by changing power settings, I dunno. How to change power settings, I dunno. I do know when to hit after burner but my flight stick is kinda broken and most of the time that split second need to do what I want fails.

Mind set: do you want to be a pilot? racing = good. Do you want to be a combat pilot and your already awesome? racing = waste of time. You want to be a combat pilot and your horrible? racing = really good (it's an obstacle course). You like racing? Practice = perfect.

That is much more than I imagined I could describe and if it helps one person then it is worth the time to took to write it all out.