Anvil - Hurricane

VoA

Those videos don't portray the Hurricane very well. The first one was the saw Law video I posted earlier, wherein he gets blown up in 3 seconds, and then his wingmate crashes into him.

In the other videos, he was fighting AI Pirates that were hopelessly inept. The AI ships frequently just stopped dead and waited to be destroyed. The Hurricane didn't suffer any hits, which is presumably how it survived. But the pilot of the Hurricane certainly wasn't making it easy for the gunner. It's difficult to judge if the pilot was terrible or the Hurricane has poor maneuverability, but the gunner was struggling to keep the turret on target. Also, the Hurricane's quad ballistics weren't as powerful as I was expecting. Even against a Gladius and helped by his wingmates, it took at least 6 volleys from the turret to destroy it. And it was at least 10 volleys to destroy a Cutlass -- again, with help from wingmates.

If a Hurricane can be destroyed by 3-4 shots from dual lasers, but it takes 6+ volleys from its quad S3 ballistics to take out a light fighter, I fail to see the point of the Hurricane "heavy" fighter. I thought the idea was that it could punch above its weight class and take down larger ships, while shredding enemy fighters. But these combat tests indicate that the Hurricane isn't any better on offense than a Super Hornet or Sabre, whereas those fighters are tougher, faster, and agiler.

The Hurricane needs a lot of work before it can justify itself.

(I'm glad I used by Spring token to buy back my Esperia Blade and not the Hurricane.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

They are pricey as hell, even more so when the ships get bigger. It literally just a paint job. It's not new with SC and skins. Seriously though, there was a round the verse were they told us basically they could make the new skin on the press of a button. I'd love to see what it generates now.