Anvil - Hurricane

VoA

The Anvil Hurricane

BIG GUNS, SMALL SHIP

Hangar2-Copy.jpg

“Unable to penetrate the enemy’s defenses, many of our best pilots were lost at the onset of the Second Tevarin War. So while the Hurricane was designed to kill, it saved many lives as well.” – Leona Patiga, Casse Aerospace Lead Engineer.

“If you’re looking to blast a target out of the solar system, the Hurricane gets the job done. Just don’t get caught flying solo.” – Commander Jackson Russell, UEE Navy (Ret.)

Meet the A4A Hurricane, a fighting spacecraft that packs a deadly punch into a slight fuselage. The spacecraft compensates for its lack of creature comforts with its powerful armament, boasting six guns capable of blasting their way through nearly anything. Hurricane pilots have yet to find an enemy shield they can’t knock down.

Be warned, this is not a ship for beginners. Mastering her unique ratio of heavy weapons with little armor requires a particular mix of marksman and dogfighter. Naval pilots serving with Hurricane squadrons have fallen in love with the exclusively offensive design; their peers’ constant refrain of ‘are you having a little ship with your guns?’ has served only to further distinguish the flights of “Six Shooters.” Standard model Hurricanes currently ship with six KBAR 11-Series Broadsword cannons (two gimbaled on the Size 4 nose hardpoints and four on the Size 3 turret slots) and four FSKI Ignite missiles for the Size 3 missile bay hardpoints.

First blooded against the Tevarin near the end of the Second War, Anvil resurrected the classic Hurricane in response to increased Vanduul attacks in the late 29th century. The fighter still serves with distinction in multiple branches of the UEE military and will become available for the civilian market for 2947.

ABOUT THE HURRICANE
Flight-Copy.jpg

What is the idea behind the Hurricane?

We see the Hurricane as a tool for pilots who are excellent at drawing a bead on a target while maintaining the situational awareness to avoid enemy fire… but those that prefer a ship that can take a pounding may find themselves fodder for interceptors! The aggressively designed Hurricane offers dogfighting-focused pilots a ship that relies strongly on firepower at the expense of armor.

When will the Hurricane be flight ready?

The Hurricane is currently scheduled to become flight-ready later this year. Because it is a smaller spacecraft, which uses the existing Anvil design aesthetic and dogfighting mechanics already tested in the Star Citizen Alpha, we expect it to come online earlier in the pipeline.

LUMckFQ.png

2 hours ago, Nova-Prime said:

yeah... here's hoping that it's a competitor to the failed Vanguard :o

Vanguard will be a failure when they have all systems online, done, finished, etc... and it still is bad. Don't pronounce anything on a ship when all it takes is a few changes in lines of code and suddenly it's OP.

35 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

Vanguard will be a failure when they have all systems online, done, finished, etc... and it still is bad. Don't pronounce anything on a ship when all it takes is a few changes in lines of code and suddenly it's OP.

I know.  Just being overcritical.  It's to easy a fix down the road.  I am an Anvil fan boy so I am excited they are finally beefing up the line so I was taking a stab at Aegis :D

I really wish that someone would question Ben on the status of the Khartu-al? The description of the Anvil Terrapin is eerily similar to the revised(1) description of the Khartu-al in that they were described as two-seat dedicated scout/explorers with advanced sensors, shields, and power plants.  The only difference being that where the Khartu-al is fast and maneuverable, the Terrapin is armored. In fact, Ben compared them as the literal Tortoise and Hare in a tweet:

In the silence after the loss of it's second seat, many feel that CIG is punting on the Khartu-Al all together via the Terrapin. Not that it was clear how the Khartu-al was ever going to make a good explorer, even with the second seat, due to the lack of a long range fuel tank or any crew facilities. With its current armament, even a $35 Aurora LN has better chance in combat, so it certainly isn't a dog-fighter. The lack of any cargo capacity precludes it as a cargo ship. It isn't a jack of all trades master of none (like the poor Cutlass). It can't even race since it's too big to fit through the rings and can't even collapse its flight mode anymore). So the question is, what the heck is the Khartu-al good for? 

Do I give up on it as I feel CIG has and CCU it to a Terrapin or does CIG have plans to address it?

(1) - I say 'revised' because as we all know the original description of the Khartu-al was that of a two-seat light fighter that had six guns, a VR holographic cockpit, and would give hornet pilot 'fits', but this was changed by the second concept sale of the ship?

13 hours ago, Taldren said:

I really wish that someone would question Ben on the status of the Khartu-al? The description of the Anvil Terrapin is eerily similar to the revised(1) description of the Khartu-al in that they were described as two-seat dedicated scout/explorers with advanced sensors, shields, and power plants.  The only difference being that where the Khartu-al is fast and maneuverable, the Terrapin is armored. In fact, Ben compared them as the literal Tortoise and Hare in a tweet:

In the silence after the loss of it's second seat, many feel that CIG is punting on the Khartu-Al all together via the Terrapin. Not that it was clear how the Khartu-al was ever going to make a good explorer, even with the second seat, due to the lack of a long range fuel tank or any crew facilities. With its current armament, even a $35 Aurora LN has better chance in combat, so it certainly isn't a dog-fighter. The lack of any cargo capacity precludes it as a cargo ship. It isn't a jack of all trades master of none (like the poor Cutlass). It can't even race since it's too big to fit through the rings and can't even collapse its flight mode anymore). So the question is, what the heck is the Khartu-al good for? 

Do I give up on it as I feel CIG has and CCU it to a Terrapin or does CIG have plans to address it?

(1) - I say 'revised' because as we all know the original description of the Khartu-al was that of a two-seat light fighter that had six guns, a VR holographic cockpit, and would give hornet pilot 'fits', but this was changed by the second concept sale of the ship?

I think it will really depend. Truthfully no ships are performing where they are suppose to be except the hornet and the sabre IMO. I think when it is all said and done, the Khartu-Al will be one of the best, if not the best, knife fighter in the game. If you enjoy that style of flying it will be well worth it. I also see its ability to shake a tail in densly populated areas such as an asteroid field. I recommend sticking with the ships that fit the role/style of how you fly. CIG can always go back and rework, which they have done or are scheduled(looking at you cutlass and 330i). It is also one of the most unique ships in the game. I bought a terrapin but plan on using it completely differently than the Khartu-Al. 

Meohfundo-CIG runs feedback threads for all the ships when everyone gets a a chance to voice their thoughts/concerns/critques. He then passes those ideas in a bullet point format to the designers to revisit what they think they need to do. I would still have hope. After all, at least your not a 300i or Cutlass owner, they have it worse at the moment.:P

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, faquarl25 said:

Really? Another one for over $150?

They already have a large number of starter-level ships, and if the Hurricane is supposed to be another heavy fighter, it stands to reason it would be priced in the same range as the competition (Hornet/Sabre).

One thing, $175 you think a lot of armour even the Sabre is beefy-ish. This looks (yeah don't know what it literally look :D) like it is going to be a Heavy Fighter, but with a glass cannon.  

They killed off the idea of starter ships a while ago. This is one of the higher "starter" tiers. 

However, I like the Heavy fighter, but if it does hold true and is a glass cannon it can suck for not being defensive fighter :) IE, won't have the armour for long haul. It's about time that we get a heavy fighter (other than knowing about the F8 Lightening), but still it is a heavy (assuming) class fighter. Which wouldn't have the greatest of speed or maneuverability.  

1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

One thing, $175 you think a lot of armour even the Sabre is beefy-ish. This looks (yeah don't know what it literally look :D) like it is going to be a Heavy Fighter, but with a glass cannon.  

They killed off the idea of starter ships a while ago. This is one of the higher "starter" tiers. 

However, I like the Heavy fighter, but if it does hold true and is a glass cannon it can suck for not being defensive fighter :) IE, won't have the armour for long haul. It's about time that we get a heavy fighter (other than knowing about the F8 Lightening), but still it is a heavy (assuming) class fighter. Which wouldn't have the greatest of speed or maneuverability.  

Maybe it is the old one that is being replaced by the F8?

Might be the Hawker Hurricane IN SPACE! It is something like the Gladius in it's end of life. However, it is the same class, but different role as far as I know. Although, I think it is just better/more off weapons, but slower than the buccaneer. 

The armament of it could be like the old "pre-WW II" 8xS1,  4xS3 or 2xS4/S5. However, this is just some of what the hawker hurricane carried.  Tbh, I am thinking of what it will carry if it is a medium glass cannon fighter, thinking more fire power than the current Super Hornet. To be honest The Heavy fighter can't really be a Heavy if it is just a "glass cannon". The light, medium, heavy were how much armor it would have (real life from ground tank or ships I think). 

Anyway we'll have to wait and see.