VoA

Anvil Terrapin

by CitizenRadiantFlux

If you look at this footage of the Terrapin closely in ATV and keep your eye on the grey plating above the cockpit, you will see that those plates move out during the camera rotation and enclose big parts of the cockpit glass for more protection.

Time stamped vid

He never uses it. He believes it is the work of the devil *cough*.

The plating isn't new. still prefer the other way  The is a solid piece, not several pieces which extend on to the cockpit frame. I liked it when it was a single piece of armour that would extent about the cockpit. The Carmack I like, but Here the terrapin should be more beefy. the cockpit would retract but it is a silly idea, so extend the armour when needed.

Reading through most of the previous pages of comments, I think people see the Terrapin as being poorly designed / overpriced. 

I don't think it is.

I see this ship being almost essential to any large-scale military engagement. Before a battle, it can go deep into hostile territory (with its long-range) and gather information to relay that back to other fleet assets. Then while the fighting is going on, a Terrapin can act as a command and control ship, keeping everyone informed and reducing the chaos. All the while, the Terrapin can be constantly using its scanners to locate and retrieve friendly ejected pilots / escape pods. 

Also, with extended range, the Terrapin should be able to make constant back-and-forth runs to get ejected pilots back to the fleet and into new ships to rejoin the fight. I see this ship as being the FPS equivalent of the "medic" for space combat. 

I know the Cutlass Red is a medical and S&R ship, but I don't see the Cutlass as being durable enough as the Terrapin to be running around the battlefield picking people up over an extended period of time. Sure enemy fighters may start plinking away at the Terrapin, as it may have the IR signature of a dwarf star and attract unwanted attention, but with friendly fighters nearby they shouldn't have time to focus the Terrapin down lest they be an easy kill.

I know this is all speculation, but if there is ever a large engagement involving many fighters, I know I personally would like to have a Terrapin nearby as part of the group. It just seems like such a potent force-multiplier. 

Terrapin_greybox_01.jpg

Terrapin_greybox_02.jpgTerapin_03.jpgThe Anvil Terrapin is finalizing its greybox phase, which included setting up the exterior hierarchy, polishing the proxies, baked and migrated animations. For the interior, the artists are polishing the geometry in the cockpit and habitation, and moving into the final art phase. The Terrapin was also sent over to Tech Design to begin their greybox pass on the ship.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:13 AM, Wrathpole said:

I wouldn't be surprised if no only the slip a secret ship in, but if it was the Terrapin. Although they might wait for 3.1 so it can be with the Carrack... for what ever reason they packed them together.

CR said at CitCon that we won't see it until 3.1. I assume that decision has to do with the scanning mechanic not being ready. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Weehamster
      LAST EDIT: 12/Jan/2018
      Hi everyone /
      I mainly have ships/vehicles that are either from lore, concept, development or being re-worked, and I constantly add more to the albums.
      NOTE: I've started to keep/restore the albums for ships that are now flyable as I've had a few requests for them. 
      Aopoa (Xi'An) | "Capital" | Khartu-Al | Nox: Nox - (Skins) | "Oracle" | "Transport" | Volper |
      Aegis | Avenger (Re-work): Renegade - Stalker - Titan - Warlock | Eclipse | Gladius: Gladius - 'Valiant' | Hammerhead | Idris | Javelin | Reclaimer | Redeemer
                | Retaliator: Retaliator - (Modules) | Sabre: 'Comet' - Raven - Sabre | Vanguard (Variants): Harbinger - HopLite - Sentinel - Warden |
      Anvil | A4A 'Hurricane' | Carrack | Crucible | F7: F7A 'Hornet' Mk II - F7C 'Hornet' - F7C 'Wildfire' - F7C-M 'Super Hornet' - F7C-R 'Tracker' - F7C-S 'Ghost' |
               | F8 'Lightning' | Pisces | T8 'Gladiator' | U4A-3 'Terrapin' | U9A-1 'Hawk' |
      Argo Astronautics | MPUV-1C | MPUV-1P |
      BIRC (Banu) | Defender | Merchantman |
      Consolidated Outland | Mustang (Re-Work) | Pioneer |
      Crusader | Genesis: Starliner |
      Drake | Buccaneer | Caterpillar: Caterpillar - (Skins) | Cutlass: Black - Blue - Red | Dragonfly: Dragonfly - (Skins) | Herald |
      Esperia | "Blade" | "Glave" | "Prowler" |
      Kruger | P-52 Merlin | P-72 Archimedes |
      MISC | Endeavor | Freelancer (Variants): DUR - Freelancer - MAX - MIS | Hull: A - B - C - D - E | Prospector |
                | Razor | Reliant (Variants): Kore - Mako - Sen - Tana | Starfarer: Gemini - Starfarer |
      Origin | 300: 300i - 315p - 325a - 350r | 600i: Explorer - Touring | 85x | 890 Jump  | M50 | X1 (Variants): Force - Velocity - X1 |
      RSI | Aurora (Variants): CL - ES - LN - LX - MR - (Skins) | Bengal | Constellation:  Andromeda - Aquila - Phoenix - Taurus |
             | Lynx | Orion | Pegasus | Polaris | Ursa | Zeus |
      RSI/Aegis | Retribution |
      Tumbril | Cyclone | Nova |
      Vanduul | "Cleaver" | "Driller" | "Harvester" | "Hunter" | "Kingship" | "Mauler" | "Scythe" | "Stinger" | "Void" |
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ship Components | Coolers | Fuel Tanks & Intakes | Gun's | Missiles / Torpedoes |
                                     | Power-Plants | Quantum & Jump Drives | Radars | Shield Generators |
      -------------------------------------------- BONUS --------------------------------------------
      Characters | Banu | Human | Tevarin | Vanduul | Xi'An | Wildlife |
      First Person Components | Armor, Uniforms & Clothing | mobiGlas | Tools / Equipment | Weapons |
      Places  |  Environments | Shubin | Star Systems Concepts | Terra | Truck-stop / Space Stations |
      Stanton | 1 (Hurston) | 1a (Ariel) | 1b (Aberdeen) | 1c (Magoa) | 1d (Ita) |
                    | 2 (Crusader) | 2a (Celin) | 2b (Daymar) | 2c (Yela) |
                    | AB (Arron Halo) | * (Delamar) |
                    | 3 (ArcCorp) | 3a (Lyria) | 3b (Wala) |
                    | 4 (Microtech) | 4a (Calliope) | 4b (Clio) | 4c (Euterpe) |        
      Other | Drones / Probes | Land Claiming | Logos | Posters/Ads | Racing | Sataball | Other Vanduul Art | UI |
    • By SnowStorm
      ACCOUNT  FOR SALE: See First Reply, decided it was a safer route 
      Two purchases here on the forums in the past. A Terrapin CCU from @AstroJak (on June 19, 2017) 
      and a Dragonfly LTI from @StarC_Newbie (on May 31st, 2017) I can pull up the messages upon request. 
      List of ships and items owned (Nothing is gift-able, all purchased over time with store credits)
      Ships: 
      Package - Anniversary 2017 Mustang Discount Starter package
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Freelancer LTI
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Cutlass Black LTI
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Terrapin LTI
      Items: 
      Package - Squadron 42 Add-on ($15.00 value)
      Kastak Arms Custodian SMG - Citizencon 2947 ($5.00 value) 
      Masters of Design Series - Hoplite & MPUV
      Masters of Design Series - Polaris & Razor
      Masters of Design Series - Caterpillar & Dragonfly
      Masters of Design Series - Prospector & Herald
      Masters of Design Series - Hurricane & Terrapin
      Holographic models- ICC Port Olisar
      Holographic models- IMS Bolliver
      Holographic models- Icarus One
      Holographic models- ICC Probe
      Hitbox Magazine
      Big Benny's Vending Machine
      Christmas Reward 2016
      Opera Mushroom
      Citizencon 2946 Trophy Subscriber Edition
      Conner's Beard Moss
      Takuetsu Mini Reliant Kore Model
      Takuetsu Golden Herald Model
      Takuetsu Mustang Gamma Model
      Buy Back tokens = 1
      Buy Back ships and items listed below
      Cutlass Black package
      Cutlass Starter Pack Gamescom2017
      Standalone - Drake Dragonfly Black
      Standalone - AOPOA Nox Kue LTI Warbond
      Ship Upgrades - Gladius to Cutlass Black Upgrade CCU
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to F7C Hornet Upgrade CCU
      Standalone Ship - Tumbril Cyclone LTI Presale
      Standalone Ship - X1 Force Edition LTI
      Standalone Ship - RSI Aurora LX Gamescom2017
      Standalone Ship - AEGIS Gladius
      Package - Freelancer
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to Freelancer Max Upgrade
      Package - Explorer Pack Gamescom2017
      Package - Mustang Alpha SC Starter
      Add-Ons - Air and Space Pack LTI (Terrapin and Cyclone AA)
      Package - Mustang Alpha SC Starter
      Package - Aurora MR SC Starter
      Package - Freelancer
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to Freelancer DUR Upgrade
      Standalone Ship - Drake Herald - Drake Sale
      $5,000 UEC starter money
      $197,500 REC virtual store money
      One paid Handle name change ready to use ($5.00 value)
      Total Melt value of account = $419.50
      Total ever spent on account = $494.50
      PM for more information, only selling because of a new addition to the family  and my wife said so  

• By silrerbay
      I am glad to welcome you in my store upgrades. In it you can find a lot of upgrades that are not available at the moment for sale on the RSI.
      I have over 150 successful sales of ships Star Citizen on eBay (all with positive feedback from buyers). PM me message and I will provide a link to that sales thread. Also I have successful major sales on this site, you can see my feedback.

Please read the Terms & Conditions of Service:
      Transactions through PayPal (Verified PayPal only). All prices are final (includes PayPal fees). If you are interested - leave a comment here and send me private message with: Ship or Upgrade or Package name, your PayPal email also your corresponding RSI handle. I will send invoice for payment via PayPal. Item will be delivered buyer's PayPal email address after payment is cleared. No returns or refund as the gifting system only allow 1 time gifting and it will be account bound to the buyer's account (your payment will be refunded if I cannot deliver your item for any reason). If you are unsure about the item or have any questions, feel free to ask. You must own a copy of Star Citizen, and are required to have an account in order to accept item (ship/upgrade). Item will be delivered to the buyer's PayPal email address. You can claim the item by clicking on the link provided in the email about "gift"  and sign in your RSI account. Be careful to be logged into the correct RSI account when you redeem your email about "gift" containing the transmitted ship/upgrade. Tracking is provided by "Hangar Log" on RSI website and will be used as a proof of delivery. I wish you a pleasant shopping in my store:)  
      All prices are final (includes PayPal fees)
      Gladiator to Sabre Upgrade - $16
      Cutlass Red to 350r Upgrade  - $16
      Avenger to Mustang Delta Upgrade - $16
      325a to Reliant Researcher Upgrade - $16
      325a to Avenger Warlock Upgrade - $27
      Avenger Stalker to Reliant Skirmisher Upgrade - $16
      Constellation Aquila to Vanguard Harbinger Upgrade - $18
      Redeemer Warden to Vanguard  Sentinel Upgrade - $29
      Constellation Andromeda to Vanguard Warden Upgrade - $39
      Constellation Andromeda to Redeemer Upgrade - $39
      Constellation Taurus to Vanguard Hoplite Upgrade - $95
      Sabre to Нurricane Upgrade - $16
      Khartu-Al to Нurricane Upgrade - $16
      Constellation Taurus to Нurricane Upgrade - $39
      Sabre to Нurricane Upgrade - $16
      Constellation Taurus to Banu Defender Upgrade - $48
      F7C-M Super Hornet to Banu Defender Upgrade - $18
      Sabre to Banu Defender Upgrade - $27
      Constellation Taurus to F7C-M Super Hornet Upgrade - $42
      Constellation Taurus to F7C Hornet Wildfire Upgrade - $39
      Constellation Taurus to Sabre Upgrade - $33
      Constellation Taurus to Freelancer MIS Upgrade - $29
      Constellation Taurus to Gladiator Upgrade - $29
      Cutlass Black to Gladius Valiant Upgrade - $19
      F7C-S Hornet Ghost to MISC Razor Upgrade - $19

Cutlass Black to Buccaneer Upgrade - $19
      F7C-R Hornet Tracker to Cutlass Blue Upgrade - $19
      325a to Herald Upgrade- $29
      F7C-R Hornet Tracker to Khartu-Al- $32
      Redeemer to Retaliator Bomber Upgrade - $39
      Redeemer to Aegis Eclipse Upgrade - $39
      Vanguard Sentinel to Aegis Eclipse Upgrade - $23
      Esperia Vanduul Blade to Aegis Eclipse Upgrade - $39
      Constellation Aquila to Starfarer Upgrade - $39
      Constellation Aquila to Starfarer Gemini Upgrade - $89
      Starfarer to Starfarer Gemini Upgrade - $59 
      Freelancer DUR to Prospector Upgrade - $29
      F7C-S Hornet Ghost to Prospector Upgrade - $29
      Constellation Taurus to Terrapin Upgrade - $65
      Starfarer to Carrack Upgrade - temporarily unavailable
      Starfarer Gemini to Carrack Upgrade - temporarily unavailable
      Starfarer Gemini to Endeavor (Base) Upgrade - $29
      Starfarer Gemini to Crucible Upgrade - $29
      Starfarer to Orion Upgrade - $65
      Constellation Aquila to Orion Upgrade - $79
      Constellation Aquila to Carrack Upgrade - temporarily unavailable
      Constellation Aquila to Crucible Upgrade - $98
      Hull E to RSI Polaris Upgrade - $245

Modules & Upgrage KITs:
      Endeavor MEDICAL BAY POD - 48 Month Insurance - $110
      Endeavor LANDING BAY POD - 48 Month Insurance - $110
      Endeavor SUPERCOLLIDER POD - 48 Month Insurance - $165
      Endeavor SUPERCOLLIDER POD LTI - Lifetime Insurance - $230
      WARDEN BATTLEFIELD UPGRADE KIT - 6 Month Insurance - $18
      SENTINEL BATTLEFIELD UPGRADE KIT - 6 Month Insurance - $38
      HARBINGER BATTLEFIELD UPGRADE KIT - 6 Month Insurance - $58

Thank you for visiting my Store and I will be glad to see you again:)
    • By GRIZZ
      https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16271-Hawk-Concept-Sale
      A small, light fighter with an emphasis on weaponry, the Hawk boasts an impressive arsenal of lethal and non-lethal weapons, making it a perfect ship for independent bounty hunters or local security looking for a little more punch.
      $80 Warbond
      $90 Regular - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/hawk/ANVIL-Hawk

Little is known about this upcoming concept ship, but the file name gives us a valuable clue.  SneakPeek_HalfHawk.jpg