VoA

Anvil Terrapin

by CitizenRadiantFlux

If you look at this footage of the Terrapin closely in ATV and keep your eye on the grey plating above the cockpit, you will see that those plates move out during the camera rotation and enclose big parts of the cockpit glass for more protection.

Time stamped vid

He never uses it. He believes it is the work of the devil *cough*.

The plating isn't new. still prefer the other way  The is a solid piece, not several pieces which extend on to the cockpit frame. I liked it when it was a single piece of armour that would extent about the cockpit. The Carmack I like, but Here the terrapin should be more beefy. the cockpit would retract but it is a silly idea, so extend the armour when needed.

Reading through most of the previous pages of comments, I think people see the Terrapin as being poorly designed / overpriced. 

I don't think it is.

I see this ship being almost essential to any large-scale military engagement. Before a battle, it can go deep into hostile territory (with its long-range) and gather information to relay that back to other fleet assets. Then while the fighting is going on, a Terrapin can act as a command and control ship, keeping everyone informed and reducing the chaos. All the while, the Terrapin can be constantly using its scanners to locate and retrieve friendly ejected pilots / escape pods. 

Also, with extended range, the Terrapin should be able to make constant back-and-forth runs to get ejected pilots back to the fleet and into new ships to rejoin the fight. I see this ship as being the FPS equivalent of the "medic" for space combat. 

I know the Cutlass Red is a medical and S&R ship, but I don't see the Cutlass as being durable enough as the Terrapin to be running around the battlefield picking people up over an extended period of time. Sure enemy fighters may start plinking away at the Terrapin, as it may have the IR signature of a dwarf star and attract unwanted attention, but with friendly fighters nearby they shouldn't have time to focus the Terrapin down lest they be an easy kill.

I know this is all speculation, but if there is ever a large engagement involving many fighters, I know I personally would like to have a Terrapin nearby as part of the group. It just seems like such a potent force-multiplier. 

Terrapin_greybox_01.jpg

Terrapin_greybox_02.jpgTerapin_03.jpgThe Anvil Terrapin is finalizing its greybox phase, which included setting up the exterior hierarchy, polishing the proxies, baked and migrated animations. For the interior, the artists are polishing the geometry in the cockpit and habitation, and moving into the final art phase. The Terrapin was also sent over to Tech Design to begin their greybox pass on the ship.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:13 AM, Wrathpole said:

I wouldn't be surprised if no only the slip a secret ship in, but if it was the Terrapin. Although they might wait for 3.1 so it can be with the Carrack... for what ever reason they packed them together.

CR said at CitCon that we won't see it until 3.1. I assume that decision has to do with the scanning mechanic not being ready. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Weehamster
      LAST EDIT: 12/Jan/2019
      Hi everyone /
      I have images/gifs of ships/vehicles that are either flyable or in concept, development, re-worked or from Star Citizen lore.
      There are also many other categories, including anything from Star Systems to Characters to Ship/FPS Equipment.
      I constantly add more to the albums so don't be afraid to come back here anytime for the latest images.
      Please Enjoy.

Aopoa (Xi'An)
      Aegis Dynamics
      Anvil Aerospace
      Argo Astronautics
      BIRC (Banu)
      Consolidated Outland
      Crusader Industries
      Drake Interplanetary
      Esperia
      Greycat Industrial
      Kruger Intergalactic
      Musashi Industrial and Starflight Concern
      Origin Jumpworks GmbH
      Robert Space Industries
      RSI/Aegis
      Tumbril Land Systems
      Vanduul
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ship Components
      -------------------------------------------- BONUS --------------------------------------------
      Characters
      First Person Components
      Places 
      Places: Terra
      Places: Odin
      Places: Stanton
      Gameplay
      Squadron 42
      Other

• By Ambermann
      I'm looking to sell 2 LTI Anvil Hawk's. Both are in my buy back pledge. What is included is in the image attached. These are being sold individually for 120$ each.
      Transactions through PayPal (Verified PayPal only). Price can be haggled. Please offer. (PayPal fees must be included in offer). If you are interested - leave a comment or/and send me private message. Payment via PayPal. If you are unsure about the ship or have any questions, feel free to ask. You must own a copy of Star Citizen, and are required to have an account in order to accept item (ship/upgrade). Item will be delivered to the buyer's PayPal email address. You can claim the item by clicking on the link provided in the email about "gift"  and sign in your RSI account. Be careful to be logged into the correct RSI account when you redeem your email about "gift" containing the transmitted ship.
    • By AstroJak
      Hello again, i'm offering up my entire collection of "original concept" ships, currently on my buy back log, at their original cost to me plus 4.5% to cover the paypal costs. These ships will never be cheaper for an OC stand alone ships, get them before CIG changes the rules again on buybacks and they are lost forever.
      Please read the Terms & Conditions of Service:
      Transactions through PayPal (Verified PayPal only). All prices are in USD plus paypal fees of 4.6% (Excluding PayPal fees). All sales are conducted via  Paypal invoices. Item will be delivered to buyer's PayPal email address after payment has cleared. No returns or refund as the gifting system only allows a 1 time gifting and it will be account bound to the buyer's account. If you are unsure about the item or have any questions, feel free to ask. You must own a copy of Star Citizen, and are required to have an account in order to accept item (ship/upgrade). Item will be delivered to the buyer's PayPal email address. You can claim the item by clicking on the link provided in the email about "gift"  and sign in your RSI account. Be careful to be logged into the correct RSI account when you redeem your email about "gift" containing the transmitted ship/upgrade. Tracking is provided by "Hangar Log" on RSI website and will be used as a proof of delivery. Prices are not negotiable.   

Original Concept Ship                            Qty                                                  OC Price (+4.6% PP Fee)              
      X1 force -                                                  6                                                                  $50 X1 Volocity -                                             10                                                                $45 vulcan -                                                     12                                                                $200 hawk -                                                      10                                                                 $90 pioneer -                                                   2                                                                 $850 600i exploration -                                     6                                                                 $435 600i luxury -                                             1                                                                  $400 Buccaneer -                                             25                                                                 $110  prospector -                                           10                                                                 $140 Hurricane -                                            20                                                                   $175 Hoplit -                                                   9                                                                    $225 Razor  -                                                   5                                                                    $135 Wildfire -                                                2                                                                    $175 comet -                                                  2                                                                    $185 85X  -                                                    10                                                                    $50  valiant -                                                 3                                                                    $110 Prowler -                                               2                                                                    $425 Polaris -                                                 3                                                                    $750 terrapin -                                             10                                                                    $195 Eclipse -                                               12                                                                    $275 Banu Defender -                                  24                                                                    $185  

• By JudasM
      Hi folks. 
      My eBay store and trade history : https://www.ebay.com/usr/zorik79
      ----------Original Concept STANDALONE SHIPS----------
      Anvil Hurricane - LTI - 220 USD Anvil Arrow LTI - 85 USD Avenger Titan Renegade - LTI -95USD AEGIS Gladius Valiant - LTI - 140USD ORIGIN 85X - LTI - 68 USD ARGO COMBO PACK  (MPUV CARGO and MPUV PERSONNEL)- LTI - 86USD MPUV Personnel - LTI - 55 USD ANVIL Terrapin - LTI - 230 USD ADD-ONS - URSA Rover- LTI - 60USD DRAKE Buccaneer - LTI - 135USD MISC Prospector - LTI - 170USD Aopoa San'tok.yāi Anniversary 2018 Warbond - 220USD --------------CCU'd Ships------------
      Gladius Valiant 120USD F7C-M Super Hornet 180USD F7C Hornet Wildfire 175USD Sabre 175USD Hull C - 250 USD Sabre Comet 190USD Freelancer MIS 175USD Gladiator 170USD Khartu-Al 175USD Hurricane 205USD AEGIS Vulcan 210USD Caterpillar 310USD Apollo Triage 250USD Hull B -95USD Herald 85USD Retaliator Bomber 275USD Vanguard Harbinger 285USD Starfarer Gemini 350USD RSI Polaris Ask Vanguard Sentinel 270USD Starfarer 300USD
        If You want to buy CCU ship with VFG Hangar add 15 USD (ship cost above 110USD) If You want to get "Digital Download"  add 15 USD (Ship cost above 65USD) All prices include PayPal fee
      Verified PayPal only

• By [≡☠≡] フの乇 ムノレレノム刀
      I have Anvil Aerospace HURRICANE like this. For sale at $205.
      Included: 

- Space Ship Hurricane
      - 72 Months Insurance
      - Aeroview Hangar

Please read the Terms & Conditions of Service:
      Transactions through PayPal (Verified PayPal only). All prices are final (includes PayPal fees). If you are interested - leave a comment or/and send me private message. Payment via PayPal FF. If you are unsure about the ship or have any questions, feel free to ask. You must own a copy of Star Citizen, and are required to have an account in order to accept item (ship/upgrade). Item will be delivered to the buyer's PayPal email address. You can claim the item by clicking on the link provided in the email about "gift"  and sign in your RSI account. Be careful to be logged into the correct RSI account when you redeem your email about "gift" containing the transmitted ship. Tracking is provided by "Hangar Log" on RSI website and will be used as a proof of delivery.