Anvil Terrapin

VoA

On 8/24/2016 at 7:25 PM, Nova-Prime said:

OMG..... It just hit me!!!!  Star Citizen to Battlestar Gallactica

Terrapin = Raptor, Battlestar = Bengal, Hornet = Viper

Yup Yup!

• 1 month later...

by CitizenRadiantFlux

If you look at this footage of the Terrapin closely in ATV and keep your eye on the grey plating above the cockpit, you will see that those plates move out during the camera rotation and enclose big parts of the cockpit glass for more protection.

Time stamped vid

He never uses it. He believes it is the work of the devil *cough*.

The plating isn't new. still prefer the other way  The is a solid piece, not several pieces which extend on to the cockpit frame. I liked it when it was a single piece of armour that would extent about the cockpit. The Carmack I like, but Here the terrapin should be more beefy. the cockpit would retract but it is a silly idea, so extend the armour when needed.

Reading through most of the previous pages of comments, I think people see the Terrapin as being poorly designed / overpriced. 

I don't think it is.

I see this ship being almost essential to any large-scale military engagement. Before a battle, it can go deep into hostile territory (with its long-range) and gather information to relay that back to other fleet assets. Then while the fighting is going on, a Terrapin can act as a command and control ship, keeping everyone informed and reducing the chaos. All the while, the Terrapin can be constantly using its scanners to locate and retrieve friendly ejected pilots / escape pods. 

Also, with extended range, the Terrapin should be able to make constant back-and-forth runs to get ejected pilots back to the fleet and into new ships to rejoin the fight. I see this ship as being the FPS equivalent of the "medic" for space combat. 

I know the Cutlass Red is a medical and S&R ship, but I don't see the Cutlass as being durable enough as the Terrapin to be running around the battlefield picking people up over an extended period of time. Sure enemy fighters may start plinking away at the Terrapin, as it may have the IR signature of a dwarf star and attract unwanted attention, but with friendly fighters nearby they shouldn't have time to focus the Terrapin down lest they be an easy kill.

I know this is all speculation, but if there is ever a large engagement involving many fighters, I know I personally would like to have a Terrapin nearby as part of the group. It just seems like such a potent force-multiplier. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Terrapin_greybox_01.jpg

Terrapin_greybox_02.jpgTerapin_03.jpgThe Anvil Terrapin is finalizing its greybox phase, which included setting up the exterior hierarchy, polishing the proxies, baked and migrated animations. For the interior, the artists are polishing the geometry in the cockpit and habitation, and moving into the final art phase. The Terrapin was also sent over to Tech Design to begin their greybox pass on the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 8:13 AM, Wrathpole said:

I wouldn't be surprised if no only the slip a secret ship in, but if it was the Terrapin. Although they might wait for 3.1 so it can be with the Carrack... for what ever reason they packed them together.

CR said at CitCon that we won't see it until 3.1. I assume that decision has to do with the scanning mechanic not being ready. 

xqthe ships we got for 3.0 were fixed a good time ago. By fixed they were locked down. we were told start of summer that we were getting these ships no more. There is nothing to do with scanning as every ship should have it and the basic system shows us aswell.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...