Gamescom 2016: Pictures and info (SALE starts tonight)

CC-Corp

Just post everything you find about gamescom for those who can't keep up and just want to see it all and talk about what you have seen so far for NEW info.

Just going to start this post off with a bang and see what people think about this picture thats been floating around today, some see trees some see a cliff some see monkeys!!

hITJlWX.jpg

Well I'm guessing that's a press booth at Gamescom. Whatever they are seeing there we are likely to see on Friday.

Saying that I have no idea what's on the screen lol. Looks like a player in a elevator, possibly on a planet. It also has a marker top right indicating ground/flight environment.

Ext_front.jpg

Gamescom Sale Page has a Carrack for the banner art.... 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/gamescom-sale-soon

Gamescom sale

The Gamescom 2016 sale will start after our live event Friday. We’ll be unveiling a new concept ship for the first time and bringing back some old favorites you may have missed. The sale will go live at this link during the live presentation.

Curious for the sales!

I really enjoy seeing star citizen getting in shape! Since the core system/engine is approaching its final stage (first launch feature only) stage. It is really great to see locations taking forms! And the procedure generated planets (and hopefully space too) is definitely a majer addition. I can't wait to see what they are going to show off!

3 hours ago, CC-Corp said:

1968mq.jpg

1968pv.jpg

71150435.jpg

14 minutes ago, Yekko said:

Curious for the sales!

I really enjoy seeing star citizen getting in shape! Since the core system/engine is approaching its final stage (first launch feature only) stage. It is really great to see locations taking forms! And the procedure generated planets (and hopefully space too) is definitely a majer addition. I can't wait to see what they are going to show off!

Same here.  I can't wait to see how they'll implement the fuel/mining/hauling mechanics and see how they change over the course of development.

it was a 11minute gamescom interview from Pc Games.. I downloaded this before they made it private.. Its mainly a background interview, there really wasnt anything he hadnt mentioned before other than the schedule / version numbering changing slightly.

yes its an image.. dont click it.. just showing what it was lol. :)

cc.JPG

2 hours ago, CyberianK said:

@GRIZZ video is private... what was it?

Bribase made some Quick cliff notes:

• PG being used but the emphasis is on active design
  • Presentation looks to be what 3.0 entails. The main occupations contained in the open world and the continuity between quest threads.
  • Developer number is about 330 people at present. Talk about the structure of development and who oversees what.
  • Hints at CR's want for grabby hands to happen (!) " I want to be able to touch and feel, if I see something on a table, pick it up. I want to take it, take it into my ship, fly it somewhere else, put it down on a moon somewhere and then it will be there. "
  • Talk about the last 2 years being about refactoring and updating Cryengine.
  • Looks like a prototype of grabby hands is in the demo they are showing (!)
  • Vague mention of farming (?)
  • Talk of SC being a "Live product" even well after launch.
  • Shooting for a game that people will play even 10 years after launch. Similar to Eve and WOW.
  • Hints at Citcon revealing more multiplayer/coop aspects

1 hour ago, FoxChard said:

Rust, Dave, Sailor, Pyro and me!

image.jpeg

@WarWulf, Dave is set to get in!

Totally strange seeing @Rustknuckle without the long hair and beard. Looking good mate, even while looking like you want to eat the cameramans face lol.

Glad it came through for you @Dave189

6 minutes ago, FoxChard said:

Let me in you whore!