Windows 10 Controller Error

Donut

Having some serious issues with Windows 10 and the controller set up. Every time I restart it fucks up the USB order on the controllers and it won't un-fuck itself no matter how many times I restart or unplug, restart then plug back in to the order I need.  Also tried updating USB whatever in device manager. Tried updating everything and nothing is working. Every time I cannot get the 3D Pro in the #1 priority. Sick and tired of having to rebind controls in Star Citizen because of this and probably have 20 damn profiles saved by now because every time it switches I have to do the entire remapping over and saving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is how I need it to be, which is how it was before:

controllers.png

And this is how it keeps ending up:

game controller priority.png

It seems to have been an issue since Windows XP. I don't think I will ever be doing a restart again unless its to fix the order of the usb inputs. Seems that a full shut down and boot up doesn't make the order switch, which is stupid.

Do you have them plugged in to a USB hub and the hub into a USB 2 Slot on your PC. I was having the same issue and when I moved my hub from a USB 3 slot to USB 2 they were stable after the first reboot. 

I am running Windows 10 BTW

Just now, Ceefuhs said:

Do you have them plugged in to a USB hub and the hub into a USB 2 Slot on your PC. I was having the same issue and when I moved my hub from a USB 3 slot to USB 2 they were stable after the first reboot. 

No hub before. However I do have hubs and I just plugged them all into the same one in the order I wanted and it magically worked. So, I'm going to keep the hub thing going until that breaks and then back to plan A with trying to guess which USB is which

Not sure if this is your issue.  But I had tons of problems with Win 10 an USB devices in general to the point where I would get the ever helpful "frowny face" screen every time I plugged a usb device in.  

Turns out when I upgraded, eventhough windows does not tell you this, I needed to go back and flash my bios to an updated win10 version, and then install all the drivers for the mobo again in win10 platform.  

I don't have issues since I did this, if you never did this you may want to look at your motherboard site to see what they have specific to win10.