What happens to hangars after live?

GRIZZ

It has not been touched since TftC#8, but what happens to all of those upgraded hangars when the game goes live?

If you have an Asteroid Hangar do you get one in the PU?  Do you still need to pay rent?  If they are still selling the VFG industrial hangar as a $50 standalone item that must mean it has some real value right?

I don't think anythings is set in stone, but it sounds like your first hanger, aka the one you pick available from your pledge, you will get for free with no upkeep. that being said it's in (insert random system name here) and say your spending a lot of time really far away, well you might have to buy another hanger that one will cost you upkeep and initial cost to buy it, and if you want to nice on you will have to pay the premium aka were the $50 price tag for the upgrade comes from.

Just now, Schatten said:

I always thought there would be a monthly fee as the "Free Hangar Fees on starting Planet" reward from 2013 wouldn't make much sense otherwise, but CC-Corp is absolutely right, at this point we don't really know anything.

Only problem with the hanger free for your first hanger is that if you mess up and nuke all your ships and lose all your money in gambling, how would you pay for your home location :P 

3 hours ago, Schatten said:

I always thought there would be a monthly fee as the "Free Hangar Fees on starting Planet" reward from 2013 wouldn't make much sense otherwise, but CC-Corp is absolutely right, at this point we don't really know anything.

Old info but Rob Iriving said that your starting hangar would be free. That Free Hangar fees would apply to a 2nd starting planet.

Otherwise people with 150+ ships would be bankrupt soon as the game launched if their hangars were charged storage fees.