Is it me or is this the exact copy of Star Citizen ?

VoA

The ship interior and controls look... Familiar lol.

I imagine CIG has to expect a lot of low rent spinoffs and wannabe's during their game building cycle. That is the downside of taking the time to make it well.

Pretty sure this is not the last of Looks Like we will come across. - DRUM out

http://www.playhellion.com/

Here are some images....

Spoiler

Cargo Interior 1Cargo Interior 2Cargo Boarding on ShipZero Gravity Corridor HellionHellion OutpostLife Support Room on spaceshipHellion BridgeSolar PanelsHellion Space Ship T.A.M.A.R.A.

Sounds big like EVE or Star Citizen

Spoiler

C00lZer0 May 12 @ 7:57am
Sounds big like EVE or Star Citizen
Great game you guys introduced. So why not trying to implement Cluster Server like CCP is doing.
But still looking forward in testing your first release :)
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments

f78b8ef66cb8b879c87eac6218d4de960345eb3c
Zero Gravity  [developer] May 13 @ 5:15am 
Hey there,

We believe our current server model is sufficient for the kind of experience we want to create, therefore we are not considering cluster server implementation. One of the reasons is that we want to provide smooth gameplay performance for all players on a server without any lag or connection issues. 
As the game focuses primarily on survival having too many players within the game world can potentially break immersion and switch focus from survival to pvp combat.

Thank you for your question!

What is Hellion?

Hellion is a first person multiplayer space survival game. 

It is a fusion of survival and space simulation genres that pits players against the deadly environment and one another. Survive the hard vacuum, extreme temperatures, deadly radiation and scavenge for basic resources like air, water, food and other items necessary for survival. 

The desolate wasteland of Hellion hides many secrets, but to uncover them you will need to leave the safety of your station. The small shuttle you have is not up to the task and if you are to have any chance of success you will need a real ship.

Keep in mind you are not the only survivor out there. There are others but will they help or throw you to the void without a second thought? Remember, no matter how brutal space may seem, it cannot hold a candle to man.

Yet anotherone jumping on the space sim bandwagon. It's not surprising others want a piece of the cake after Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous showed there's still a big market for these games. it looks good, I'll keep an eye open.

yeah he was over and done with a while ago, no need to bring him up anymore as he just brings everyone mood down

getting back on topic somewhat, how fun would a space survivle game be? imo i think a fantasy survivle game would be better

3 hours ago, Puls0nic said:

I don't think this is the EXACT copy. Looks more like a space survival / suspense game to me. Looks fine once they sort out some of the bugginess.

"Exact" is a metaphorical term in this case.   You can safely say that Hellion was inspired by Star Citizen.

26 minutes ago, VoA said:

"Exact" is a metaphorical term in this case.   You can safely say that Hellion was inspired by Star Citizen.

That's not a bad thing. It's nice seeing other games adopt the superior mechanics and art style that SC offers. Also, a suspenseful survival game (Though SC offers that in a way) is a nice change of pace compared to say, Space Engineers

The way Star Citizen has already implemented the Aliens film style atmospherics to their abandoned stations makes me ever hopeful that CIG will give us 'a lot' of Sneaking around old derelicts and exploration/adventure style of play. Considering the number of exploration and salvage ships sold I think that we will be pretty happy in the end :)

19 minutes ago, Donut said:

What do you mean by camera system?

Hellion has cameras, pip where the pilot on the ship was watching his crew until they entered the station. With Cryengine the more pip monitors with full visibility that you throw up cause quite a performance hit. It's one of the longer term goals to get it working properly. Hence why all ships have 'windows' to the outside instead of banks of monitors.

https://youtu.be/vJoHlCc4Y7E?t=21m26s

Short term no. Long term yes. As I recall we'll be able to watch Arena Commander games in bars and such, and that's basically PiP. If they can get that to work, there will be no problems having "security cameras" on board large ships, stations, and outside of hangars. At the end of the day CryEngine won't be CryEngine when SQ42 releases. It'll look like it but the coding will be completely different.