Game of Thrones

Gallitin

2 hours ago, BryGen said:

That was satisfying.

The last two episodes were really amazing.

But to me it feels they are rushing everything just the pace feels wrong to me. Probably cause of that stupid decision to have shortened seasons 7 and 8, rumored only 13 episodes remaining. I don't like that at all if what happened at the sept was really the end of those characters then they would have deserved a few minutes more.

The stuff with Arya too it just felt rushed to me could have deserved a few more minutes of screentime.

They bailed out the entire season with a grand slam of an episode in the finale.  I'll have to give it some time to properly reflect, but my initial instinct is that it was one of the best episodes in all of GoT.  So this season isn't a failure after all.  Hopefully in the upcoming episodes, they can focus more on their best characters.  I don't want to see any more episodes with hardly any Tyrion or Bronn or Varys or Littlefinger or Arya.  We got enough Cercei this season but that was about it, the rest of the best didn't get enough screen time.  With the ... events of this episode, there's fewer characters to share time with, and that's probably good.

Spoiler....

Well the lanisters are right fucked come next season.

I think its been confirmed (pls asvise if this is wrong) but season 7 will wrap the series....

If so i cant help but feel that HBO will do a spinoff that targets just the winter war with the walkers.

13 espisods just isnt enough time to finish the war for the 7 kindoms and an entire new war with the reportedly unstopable undead army.

AJ

AstroJak

P.s. Arya...omg girl wtf... Someone has left the reservation!!! Can we agree she was on a dark path but she just went 0 - 60 on those boys! Maybe the red witch was right and she will be the bringer of death. Anyways shes off to a good start.

2 hours ago, Boildown said:

They bailed out the entire season with a grand slam of an episode in the finale.  I'll have to give it some time to properly reflect, but my initial instinct is that it was one of the best episodes in all of GoT.  So this season isn't a failure after all.  Hopefully in the upcoming episodes, they can focus more on their best characters.  I don't want to see any more episodes with hardly any Tyrion or Bronn or Varys or Littlefinger or Arya.  We got enough Cercei this season but that was about it, the rest of the best didn't get enough screen time.  With the ... events of this episode, there's fewer characters to share time with, and that's probably good.

What? There were several great episodes in the season. It started out well, got drudged down along with a few cliffhangar episodes, but in particular last episode and this episode were both very good, and the episodes where arya was blind and danaerys took the dothraki horde were good. Battle of the Bastards was one of the best in the show, and so was the finale. The rest of the episodes really needed to happen to set up for the next season, at least. It wasn't just the last episode that saved it. 

If cercsi had died and nobody else this episode, I'd have been happy. I also think that it was perfect how they just died. Not much foreshadowing from previous episodes, they just killed everyone all at once. The way GOT is supposed to be.

I just rewatched the beginning three times meaning all the initial Kings Landing scenes.

Its so beautifully set up with these character shots and the amazing use of the piano music (+cello/violin/strings +organ). 

Makes me forget all the things I didn't like in the season earlier this scene is just so completely breathtaking.

edit: HBO uploaded the music to Spotify 

Track 3 Light of the Seven

Did I mention that the alien armada came down and joined forces with the fish people and then there was an epic battle with the ending was the army of ice cream wagon came out calling a temporary peace while they all ate ice cream sandwiches, except for the fish army?  No? wonder why? 

34 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

Did I mention that the alien armada came down and joined forces with the fish people and then there was an epic battle with the ending was the army of ice cream wagon came out calling a temporary peace while they all ate ice cream sandwiches, except for the fish army?  No? wonder why? 

DUDE!... you spoiled the fish army.

I enjoyed the method for thinning the cast. Sort of like the Godfather with people going about their business while things are getting 'settled' in the background..

It was necessary in my eyes to clean up all those loose ends and wandering character threads. Now the main focus is all in one tidy package (or three).

The only character left (that matters) who is not groomed mentally for the final Game Of Thrones action is Sansa. She had matured, I will give you that, but if she ever goes to bed without a knife under her pillow then she has not been paying attention.

As the others have shown, you can not just ignore or Walk Away from problems.

The victors have all been face forward and damn the torpedoes. - DRUM out

the only close friend left to the Red Witch is Dondarion and Thoros. Makes me wonder if they are going to bring Cat back like they did in the book. The creepy downside of them doing that is sooner or later the kids get to meet their Mom, the silent zombie. At least Jon Snow would enjoy her inability to speak... - DRUM

7 hours ago, Drum said:

Hide contents

the only close friend left to the Red Witch is Dondarion and Thoros. Makes me wonder if they are going to bring Cat back like they did in the book. The creepy downside of them doing that is sooner or later the kids get to meet their Mom, the silent zombie. At least Jon Snow would enjoy her inability to speak... - DRUM

I think if they would have done Lady Stoneheart they would have done it this season with the plot in the Riverlands and the Brotherhood without Banners. But I think its probably too confusing for the TV audience with all the resurrections and also not enough screentime to be done right anyway so I don't think we will ever see her.

As to your other points agree on that if they want to wrap up the whole GoT in only 13 remaining episodes they will probably focus on the main stories and get rid of everything else. Season 7 invasion and remaining plots between the houses with Nights King arriving and Wall crushing down in the Finale. Season 8 War of the dawn and hopefully a pleasing finale/aftermath. I would love some outro that centers on the fate of all of the surviving characters for a short touching and rewarding scene with good music.

One of the things I am a bit worried about is how they deal with the dragons. To keep the suspense they basically have to give the antagonists some way of (temporarily) defeating them or otherwise cancel them through other events. In the books its easier as the dragons and their relation with Dany are more complex but in the series they are just tools she can use at the touch of a button. And I would guess they want the personal confrontations so they might choose to kill or temporarily ward off the dragons and I hope they don't do that in a cheesy/stupid way.

On 27.6.2016 at 7:13 PM, Devil Khan said:

Because they are lactose intolerant. Duh.

• 10 months later...