MISC - Prospector (Mining Ship)

VoA

On 7/31/2016 at 4:42 PM, Devil Khan said:

Still think that is the most stupid part having the "radar" on the botton. Fine for a ship in space, but anything that lands ...

Do you not understand the significance of "above ground level" or AGL in flight parlance? That's one radar reading that tells a pilot how far above the ground he is. When you fly NOE (look it up), your altitude AGL is VERY important. GPR is a separate system on the ships.

Personally I'd prefer if it didn't go out so far. It would be fine if we had large flat areas without rocks and "stuff". It's fine like the retaliator rotating it's engines they clipped the ground still it is still a retaliator how many of you have wallpaper or posters. Anyway, they are all my opinion have zero ruling in CIGs law.

10 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Personally I'd prefer if it didn't go out so far. It would be fine if we had large flat areas without rocks and "stuff". It's fine like the retaliator rotating it's engines they clipped the ground still it is still a retaliator how many of you have wallpaper or posters. Anyway, they are all my opinion have zero ruling in CIGs law.

For the retaliator, I like the fact that it can't just land in the middle of the desert. It is not designed fro exploration and would not have those requirements (kings of like how f/a 18s can't land on a dirt runway). On the other hand, I am fine with hand wavy magic for the GPR, even if it has to be far from the ground (as it will need to be with all the rocks (or maybe the want to force us to find a super flat spot!).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So...

3.0 is here and playable to an extent.

One question right off the bat on Prospector. I have been searching for an answer and also asked on RSI forums.

Drawn a blank..  WHAT is the doohickey that drops down on the aft end for, do?

aft.png

6528190385_d22666c333_b.jpg

On 12/23/2017 at 8:52 PM, Drum said:

So...

One question right off the bat on Prospector. I have been searching for an answer and also asked on RSI forums.

aft.png

looks like a skid plate aircraft use

f976f.jpg

On 12/23/2017 at 11:52 PM, Drum said:

So...

aft.png

I believe it's a stand to prevent your ship from tipping over while using the mining laser. You can see it has a fairly wide flat base and hydraulic arms, most likely to aid in stability either on uneven terrain or shaking from the laser beam.

• 5 months later...

Time to get really excited about the Prospector and what CIG is doing with Mining + Scanning (if you own one this is a must watch CIG vid).   Out of all the ships I have melted (to shift my pledge to other ships) = the Prospector has now vaulted to the number one position to Un-Melt :wub:  (still thinking about it - but I get these frequent urges to increase my pledge for some reason - lol :P).   The reason why the Prospector is so attractive is that it doesn't overlap much with the function of the Orion as much as something like to Vulcan overlapping the Starfarer / Crucible.  Per the video it looks like CIG is really thinking out the mining mechanic and it looks really fun :)