MISC - Prospector (Mining Ship)

VoA

1 minute ago, Fizzlefuse said:

I hope they give us something like that for the DUR variant. I need to see more space! SPAAAACE!

When Ben first started talking about the "small mining ship" I was actually bummed out because he said earlier that CIG would be working on "medium" industrial ships (since we have plenty of small and large ships).   So I am very happy it is a "medium" ship (more profitable than a small ship).   Maybe later they can do the Aegis Terrapin and then we can have small-medium and large mining ships.

Appears to have guns facing to the rear.

Also looking at one of the profiles makes me think that large ring in middle of the bottom is a ghetto elevator to enter this thing.

I at first thought it maybe had something to do with bringing ore into the storage but it only goes up and down. If you have to man handle ore from the middle of the ship into storage it seems impractical. I will assume for now that the storage lid opens and raw ore is sucked in. Sure hope we are not going to grunt it into the can.

We will all know soon enough I suppose. - DRUM out

4 hours ago, GRIZZ said:

xgen4y5.jpg

It's not the best angle, but based on what I can see, it looks pretty good. It appears to have a "floating cockpit" similar to the Carrack, so I imagine visibility will be good. Although a glass bubble canopy is a concern when mining asteroids. I wonder if the 6 light-rings around the canopy could be tractor beam or repulsor emitters, to pull extracted resources into the orange portal under the nose, and possibly to repel objects away from the canopy. (I don't think they're lights because they're oddly shaped. I don't think they're thrusters either, because they're unlike any thruster we've seen before, and they're oddly placed for thrusters.) I believe the large protrusion under the nose is an inlet portal for extracted resources. I don't think it's a drill or laser drill. I imagine that the laser cannons on the sides are intended to blast asteroids apart, and the Prospector sucks up the resources using tractor beams.

The four octagonal prisms are presumably resource storage pods. The ventral disc-like object is either a sensor dish or a docking port. It's difficult to tell, but I think it extends down from the ship on an arch, which is probably a downward-firing scanner used for prospecting resources. Alternatively, if it's flush with the fuselage, it could be a docking port for people, or to transfer resources to another ship, like a freighter or an Orion for refining.

The pic of the aft section shows the landing gear and a ventral door containing a large piece of machinery. My guess is this is a detachable drilling rig -- possibly a mining rover -- that can be deployed to a planet or large asteroid.

I imagine that the Prospector is designed space mining, like an Orion, and can also land on planets and large asteroids to deploy its drilling rig, which can operate independently, continuously mining resources (like an oil derrick) and depositing them into a storage container, which the player can retrieve and transport to market to sell. That's how I think the Prospector works. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. :)

1 hour ago, Reavern said:

It's not the best angle, but based on what I can see, it looks pretty good. It appears to have a "floating cockpit" similar to the Carrack, so I imagine visibility will be good. Although a glass bubble canopy is a concern when mining asteroids. I wonder if the 6 light-rings around the canopy could be tractor beam or repulsor emitters, to pull extracted resources into the orange portal under the nose, and possibly to repel objects away from the canopy.

Agree - that would be cool if it mined a completely different way than the Orion does (like hitting an Asteroid with a Sledge hammer - mining laser and taking it all in) - maybe the Prospector actually mines with tractor beams - ripping stuff apart that way (rather than through grinders).

1 hour ago, Reavern said:

The pic of the aft section shows the landing gear and a ventral door containing a large piece of machinery. My guess is this is a detachable drilling rig -- possibly a mining rover -- that can be deployed to a planet or large asteroid.

I thought the same thing -and hoping for a mining rover as well :)

43 minutes ago, Karmaslap said:

Was oeiginally thinking it would be a reliant-sized miner and 140$ was a ripoff.

now that the ship is in between the freelancer and reliant in size I think it's a decent price, i'm 

betting it will go to 165$ When hangar ready.

considering getting it, now

I am definitely getting it - why....... (even though I have an Orion)......

Because you can send on NPC to go out and mine for you - and you just (or another NPC) comes by and picks up the goods (and brings it back to the Orion for Refining) - or to market.

I also think it will be cool to have a reason to go down to explore PG planets (not just to explore ancient ruins / collect flora and fauna - which would also be cool - but the Prospector gives you another reason - mining) :)

It's up!!

Read about it here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15306-MISC-Prospector-Unearthed

MISC Prospector Unearthed

ImIxeve.pngA New Corp Page can be found within the main post and here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/corp/shubin

Ship Blueprints:

Spoiler

MISC-Mining-Vehicle-PIECE-5-V14.jpg

MISC_Prospector_Blueprint-1.jpg 

MISC_Prospector_Blueprint-2.jpg

MISC_Prospector_Laser_Cutter.jpg

MISC_Prospector_Storage.jpg

Just now, AstroJak said:

So cool, they have already Gmailed me back and want to set up an interview... So excited!!!

temp.png

Did you note @AstroJak the assignment - is at Leir III -  where we want to set up a FOB for Blood Moon B)

11 minutes ago, Trophias said:

Yeah, thats the most important Blueprint they showed in my opinion. It's good that they touched on it. Already bought two ships.

I wonder if they broke the "Penultimate Ship" rule that only the Large Industrial Ships have on-board refining operations - it seems to me like the Prospector actually refines ore and spits out the waste as part of its internal system.... what do you think?

2 minutes ago, VoA said:

Did you note @AstroJak the assignment - is at Leir III -  where we want to set up a FOB for Blood Moon B)

There is more then one reason behind all my moves... A great opportunity, provided by Shubin, to be in this system. its obvious what i will be hauling away from Leir, can you guess what i'll be hauling to Leir?

AJ

Just now, AstroJak said:

There is more then one reason behind all my moves... A great opportunity, provided by Shubin, to be in this system. its obvious what i will be hauling away from Leir, can you guess what i'll be hauling to Leir?

AJ

Ya you'll be hauling Vanduul salavaged ships and parts  B) .... to Leir...

From what I've read on it and I'm hoping once the Q & A's come out, it does touch on that more. I think it is just a filtration system to where you are gathering the specific ORE such as "Cobalt" and not just "Rubble". If it actually does what "refining" actually means, then it will be interesting, but I thought the Orion was supposed to be covering that point.

Just now, Trophias said:

From what I've read on it and I'm hoping once the Q & A's come out, it does touch on that more. I think it is just a filtration system to where you are gathering the specific ORE such as "Cobalt" and not just "Rubble". If it actually does what "refining" actually means, then it will be interesting, but I thought the Orion was supposed to be covering that point.

Agreed - and hope it only sorts out the un-refined ore from the unwanted rock and leaves the refining to the Orion....

Others are asking the same questions...

The Orion on the other hand operates on a much bigger scale befitting a large industrial ship. It is able to break up and destroy asteroids and, with the correct variant, process the minerals on board.

So an Orion might not be able to process the mineral by himself?

I choose that ship because i understand i was able to do the whole process with my crew and sold my minerals, but now i might not be able to?......

What does it mean?

8 minutes ago, Trophias said:

I think your correct as well, i see the following quote which lends to this conclusion;

The Orion on the other hand operates on a much bigger scale befitting a large industrial ship. It is able to break up and destroy asteroids and, with the correct variant, process the minerals on board. The Prospector is more of a precision tool for a solo player to target resource pockets directly, whereas the Orion requires a full team to grind their way through an asteroid field.

I'm slightly disappointed but that comes because I had a total different build in mind. So I have to be objective on this one and not consider this wrong expectation.

EDIT: And after watching the whole thing and read it all: I say: I approve, going to get me one.

Voon's hangar:

Uy4kpsO.jpg

as444DK.jpg

Just now, VoA said:

I got a CCU "from" my M50 (which at the time was $80) and now is $100 then applied a $5 coupon so it only cost $35 :)

Edit:  No CCU options From the Prospector....yet.   Lets hope its just a slow roll-out.

Hi @GRIZZ no worries, this also happened on the saber concept sale. the CCU's will populate the upgrade store later today... maybe tomorrow but they will come on line. CIG wants people to buy the full ship in that initial heat of the moment, not get a bunch of inexpensive CCU.

AJ

RTV just now....

11:24

- Prospector is centered around Planetary mining because of the procedural tech. It was originally planned, but because of how the tech has come along it made a good fit. The Orion will be for asteroid belts and very large rocks.

- Prospector can also take advantage of EVA mining (this didn't make it into the Prospector Post)