Tesla Model 3

Boildown

So... who plans to get in line tomorrow?  I figure, if I can put all this money on virtual ships that won't be ready for years, I can put that much on a deposit for a real vehicle that won't be ready for years.

Speculation: http://electrek.co/2016/03/30/tesla-model-3-specs

Truth will partly come out at 8:30 PM tomorrow (Pacific time I think).

Got my reservation this morning!  Was around 30th in line at my store, got there 2.5 hours early.  There was prolly around 400 there at 10am!  I was the only one wearing the Drake Interplanetary hoodie :P

I actually think Star Citizen and other kickstarters inoculated me to tolerate long waits like this.

well they only took one oddly enough as i had a set of 4 alumnim rims, so i just put the spare on

and why just take one? it's not like it's going to match anything else, still it's a bad area here to have a car unless you have good security for it, and i mean like cameras watching it 24/7

I'll wait for the next generation of e-cars. For me it seems like that tesla made a mistake with the model 3... Glass panorama roof looks nice, but I promise that u have to sacrifice at least 1/3 battery power to heat the cockpit up in winter and also to cool it down in summer. Let's wait and see what BMW and Audi has in the pipeline.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

i agree, it's a nice looking car and it should be good in places with mild temperature ranges, but the places with more exetream temps are not going to be nice, scraping off all that ice or haveing all that heat traped inside because of all that glass is not fun to be in if you have to get in and go, though if you are able to park it under cover at both ends for the most commonly traveled of your destenations it's probably not that bad

So 15000 of these buggers reserved by the time they made the release video, and I can only assume that it's going to continue at that trend. So with a manufacturing process that they're aiming to use which will allow 50k of these things to roll off the assembly line each year.... best get your orders in early lads. That could be a pretty tight supply/demand ratio.

Edit: Just after I said it I found this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35953817

think your forgot a zero in there, and the numbers back then dont mater so much as the numbers right now, which i think are now over 250,000

i only saw a number for 232,000 but the timeline said a day ago so over 250,000 seem like a good guess

Elon Musk answered questions on Twitter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/4d85md/elons_tweetstorm_summary

Best thing I learned from those tweets: AWD instead of RWD will be less than the $5K it costs to do that upgrade on the Model S.  That's money saved for me.  I figure I'll be doing these upgrades: AWD, better battery for more range, auto piloting.  Beyond that, not so sure.  I'll get whatever roof design is cheaper, don't care much either way glass or metal.